GTX2080ti -- Is it worth paying the premium ?.

Citation ?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=238454&highlight=SLI

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228327&highlight=SLI

SLI does work in DCS, I just did a quick forum search now. You can also find Screenshots from someone who tested it and he gained a decent amount of FPS by it. It just doesn't work in DCS VR, only 2D. The software, in this case DCS, must kind of "allow" it/be able to make use of it first.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=238454&highlight=SLI

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228327&highlight=SLI

SLI does work in DCS, I just did a quick forum search now. You can also find Screenshots from someone who tested it and he gained a decent amount of FPS by it. It just doesn't work in DCS VR, only 2D. The software, in this case DCS, must kind of "allow" it/be able to make use of it first.

Interesting-thanks !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• 2 weeks later...

Subscribed: PC died, might try to get a new build in by the end of this year,, need to re-educate myself on latest hardware so I dont blow big $$$,,, wife is already growling,,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Subscribed: PC died, might try to get a new build in by the end of this year,, need to re-educate myself on latest hardware so I dont blow big $$$,,, wife is already growling,,,,

Depending on what killed the PC you should be able to keep most of your internals like RAM, drives, GPU and maybe even the PSU. That cuts it down to CPU+Mobo (+PSU )

That may help to calm Kitchen Command a little bit :smilewink:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Depending on what killed the PC you should be able to keep most of your internals like RAM, drives, GPU and maybe even the PSU. That cuts it down to CPU+Mobo (+PSU )

That may help to calm Kitchen Command a little bit :smilewink:

On most any other day, I would agree with you sir. Unfortunately, I am not able to determine the culprit. I am not intending on hijacking this thread and turning this into a troubleshooting discussion, just explaining my situation.

Symptom was: PC would run fine for awile flying DCS, and just randomly shut down, and turn back on. NOT a full reboot, just everything shut down, then right back to desktop, DCS no longer running along with anything else I had running, like Discord. I suspected Seasonic PSU so I sent it back, the report indicated faulty PSU, so they sent me another refurbished PSU. Plugged that in, ran DCS, 2 hours later, same thing. Ran Temp monitoring application for a long time, no apparent overheating anywhere. Pulled an old spare PSU off my shelf, plugged it in,PC would not power up, Motherboard lights would cycle on for a second and shut down. Tried that quire a few times while checking for good connections, nothing worked. Plugged Seasonic PSU back in,, Motherboard lights up fine, but PC wont boot because SSD wount show up to boot up to. Found SSD is now bricked and can not be seen on any PC I plug it into. So whats the issue? Who knows?

With that being said, I suspect the only salvageable parts would be Tower, Fans, probably the GPU, but its time to upgrade I think (tried to use it for VR, but it was crap). I dont know if the CPU has been damaged in any way due to potential voltage spikes? Ram is likely still good. Thats about it.

So now Im trying to figure out the most expensive parts, and that is, what do I really want for GPU and CPU without pissing money away. I have been reading thru the forums for days, and I do see that BitMaster has some very valuable advise for others with different concerns. Many thanks for that, i am trying to pick out what applies to my situation. Even considering buying a PC Rig thats already built if I can afford it.

Many thanks all.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hello Fakum,

sad to hear about your PC problem. Take a look at the capacitors around the cpu socket, maybe some of them are broken. Had such a symptom twice with some older hardware (AMD Phenom II Boards).

At one board I was able to solder new capacitators on it and it worked again, the other board I had to replace with a new one.

Both times I had the luck that nothing else did take any damage.

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

...Pulled an old spare PSU off my shelf...Found SSD is now bricked and can not be seen on any PC I plug it into...

Anytime you use a known good power supply for troubleshooting purposes, don't mix and match power cables from different power supplies, even from the same vendor. They are not wired to a standard on the power supply side, only the motherboard side. The polarities might have been reversed. It wouldn't be first time somebody has fried an SSD like that. Not that I would know anything about that...:music_whistling:

Interesting! When I installed the temp power supply for testing, I intentionally intended to only use the power cabling that came as part of the temp PSU. The only issue I ran into was that I had to use the (3) existing PCI-E / CPU cables that were already in place due to the cable management system. One of course was feeding power to the SSD & DVD player. I never knew that could be an issue. I presumed the pinouts were all standard on both sides. Thanks for the feedback, and sorry about the unintentional hijacking of the thread all. Extremely helpful though, I will never make that mistake again!