Sup guys,

I have just installed Viper Over PG and resolved all errors and issues by tips online and on the PDF, still there are some doubts about functionality of this Mbot which I hope to clear and understand by your help:

1-When I want to run the campaign for the first time, I need to start the FirstMission.bat file in Falcon Over PG in Saved Games folder and setup the campaign through the info I am given? Do I need to open this every time I want to open DCS and run the campaign or just the first time to generate the campaign.

2-Why sometimes after I close or finish the mission I am stock on DCS logo? the CMD prompt window is opened in the back with a text document opened. I have already checked the "Disable Fullscreen Optimization" box. it seems like this CMD in the background is the procedure needs to be followed to have campaign stats saved but sometimes I have to forcefully quit DCS cuz its stuck.

3-I read that these Mbot dynamic campaigns require me to survive so what if I died? I should quit and regenerate the campaign through FirstMission.bat file?

Sorry about the long message but this is very unclear.

Sup guys,

I have just installed Viper Over PG and resolved all errors and issues by tips online and on the PDF, still there are some doubts about functionality of this Mbot which I hope to clear and understand by your help:

1-When I want to run the campaign for the first time, I need to start the FirstMission.bat file in Falcon Over PG in Saved Games folder and setup the campaign through the info I am given? Do I need to open this every time I want to open DCS and run the campaign or just the first time to generate the campaign.

2-Why sometimes after I close or finish the mission I am stock on DCS logo? the CMD prompt window is opened in the back with a text document opened. I have already checked the "Disable Fullscreen Optimization" box. it seems like this CMD in the background is the procedure needs to be followed to have campaign stats saved but sometimes I have to forcefully quit DCS cuz its stuck.

3-I read that these Mbot dynamic campaigns require me to survive so what if I died? I should quit and regenerate the campaign through FirstMission.bat file?

Sorry about the long message but this is very unclear.

Hi r0tary

1- just the first time to generate the campaign.

2-

Look in the DCS log when this one is blocked, at the end of the file, you may have an info on the origin of the bug.

If it still doesn't work, and you managed to go to mission 2, you can still generate the next missions via DEBUG_DebriefMission.bat (the 3 temporary missions (.lua) have to be present, next to it.

3- no, juste generate a standard mission

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

Here is an example of a future evolution of DCE in multiplayer

Distant evolution ^^

659058240_Annotation2020-08-11202918.jpg.6b38c4b9f8eb13b1e285bc39fb0b0b29.jpg

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

as a MiG-21 fan, the TF-68 Fishbed 80s campaign interests me. anyone try it? sounds fun facing almost certain death trying to go head to head against F14's!

Stay low.. and I do mean low. And it would be a mistake to head out to sea to meet them.. They have problems spotting you from down low. Just keep your radar off.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Hi, I am trying to install this campaign: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309674/

There is no script error. However, there is no campaign shows up in game.

May I ask how to solve this? Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/V6AjRQM

Hi

entry.lua is properly installed in the Saved Games\DCS (or OpenBeta) \Mods\tech\DCE folder?

Otherwise, show us a screen of your installation by expanding the tree on the left.

DCE_Manager

Hi r0tary

1- just the first time to generate the campaign.

2-

Look in the DCS log when this one is blocked, at the end of the file, you may have an info on the origin of the bug.

If it still doesn't work, and you managed to go to mission 2, you can still generate the next missions via DEBUG_DebriefMission.bat (the 3 temporary missions (.lua) have to be present, next to it.

3- no, juste generate a standard mission

Beautiful, all sorted now. Thank you.

going to start a campaign tonight. reading through the manual, it doesn't say what to do after the first mission. once i run firstmission bat file, the next missions are automatically generated?

also, from rotary's questions above. what happens if you die? does it matter?

thanks for the info! :)

going to start a campaign tonight. reading through the manual, it doesn't say what to do after the first mission. once i run firstmission bat file, the next missions are automatically generated?

also, from rotary's questions above. what happens if you die? does it matter?

thanks for the info! :)

Hi,

When you have finished a mission, a DOS window invites you to generate a new mission (you can accept or refuse to replay the previous mission).

If you die, there's no direct impact. On the other hand, if you lose a significant number of aircraft from your squadron, you have lost the campaign.

So: don't die, or don't die often, and bring your plane back, and spare your wingers to bring their planes back as well...

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

DCE_Manager

Hi

entry.lua is properly installed in the Saved Games\DCS (or OpenBeta) \Mods\tech\DCE folder?

Otherwise, show us a screen of your installation by expanding the tree on the left.

I think yes? I was pulling my hairs out debugging this

I have also installed TF-18 campaign and it works fine. Probably only a bug in falcon campaign.

kmkuy3s.png

ijPnvUF.png

Edited by dg6546

I think yes? I was pulling my hairs out debugging this

I have also installed TF-18 campaign and it works fine. Probably only a bug in falcon campaign.

kmkuy3s.png

ijPnvUF.png

Okay I have fixed it. I tried to open .miz and it prompt me: YOU NEED PERSIAN GULF MODULE

ED somehow screwed up my persian gulf installation. After reinstalling PG module I am good now.:thumbup:

:music_whistling::clap:

DCE_Manager

Hi,

When you have finished a mission, a DOS window invites you to generate a new mission (you can accept or refuse to replay the previous mission).

If you die, there's no direct impact. On the other hand, if you lose a significant number of aircraft from your squadron, you have lost the campaign.

So: don't die, or don't die often, and bring your plane back, and spare your wingers to bring their planes back as well...

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Thanks very much!

Hey all. Question about the Mig 21's in Georgia campaign against the USA. Campaign works great. No issues, however the GCI doesn't seem to see the F14's and F18's coming in. I kept asking for update and the GCI always said 100 or more miles away, but then the US aircraft were right on top of me. Just curious if something is off or if maybe the GCI cant see them?

THanks!

Hey all. Question about the Mig 21's in Georgia campaign against the USA. Campaign works great. No issues, however the GCI doesn't seem to see the F14's and F18's coming in. I kept asking for update and the GCI always said 100 or more miles away, but then the US aircraft were right on top of me. Just curious if something is off or if maybe the GCI cant see them?

THanks!

GCI normally gives distance in reference to Bullseye. If the Blues are right on top of you and GCI gives you a BRA of 270 for 120 at 20000, you are likely also about 120nm from Bullseye.

I pratice looking for the bullseye before taking off just to make sure I don't get fooled by the distnaces given by GCI.

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

FirsMission.bat in DCE

And "restart the campaign" or similar in DCS

DCE_Manager

Afghan Bear Trap have been uploaded at the user files section and is just waiting to get activated.

It is quite a difficult campaign with mixed generations of aricrafts, insurgents who would shoot you out of the sky without warning, missiles being shot at planes that don't even have an RWR (or countermeasures). It is very lopsided for both sides. It isn't for the faint of heart.... literally... I myself jolted almost out of my seat at least twice during testing because of attacks I didn't see coming.

A temporary version of the campaign engine was used because of the Helos and FARPs. But those features would be included the next version release. You can just switch over using the path.bat file.