Flaming Cliffs Manual - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-01-2006, 03:21 AM   #21
The Gigler

Default Black Shark Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMack
The Black Shark manual will not be able to be added into the Flaming Cliffs Manual.
Reason is that a "clip back" manual would have added even more to the cost.
We are looking at options for a hard copy Black Shark manual, that covers all the aspects of flying the Black Shark. Maybe we can get it into a simple 32 page manual, where we can get the cost down to a minimum.

Jim
Why not include a hard copy of the manual like most other game publishers do instead of having us make separate purchases months after the game goes gold? Why not have two versions of packaging with or without the manual. Include the cost iof the manual in the add on. Or is that to difficult to do? Please let me know what everyone thinks. I am good for the extra cash for a version of Black Shark with a hard copy of the manual without typos in english.
The Gigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:31 AM   #22
emenance

Yeah but the best way to buy and support ED is to Download the game. Most games come with manuals? Not sure about that ofcourse PRima makes the stratagy guides for games and I have bought them before. JaBoG32_Woodstock is right on the money, this is how it should be done.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #23
Greenies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags
You can also order directly from Eagle:

http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?lang=en

-Matt
I just ordered a copy directly from Eagle, as their shipping costs were the lowest. Less than $7 isn't that bad.

I am really looking forward to having the manual resting on my desk while I'm flying. I have to say that the best part of this manual is the Weapons Delivery part. That is a great help when you want to just go straight ahead with a mission, have a glance at the instructions in the manual, and then do your stuff. It's great not having to rely on my lousy memory!
Greenies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #24
Wags
ED Team

Thanks for your support Greenies.

-Matt
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:41 PM   #25
Fish

Great idea guys, pity it was not announced some time ago, as i would have waited and not printed the manual, and put it into a 4 ring binder. Probably cost me more on ink and paper, and binder, than your price!!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #26
Revvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gigler
Why not include a hard copy of the manual like most other game publishers do instead of having us make separate purchases months after the game goes gold? Why not have two versions of packaging with or without the manual. Include the cost iof the manual in the add on. Or is that to difficult to do? Please let me know what everyone thinks. I am good for the extra cash for a version of Black Shark with a hard copy of the manual without typos in english.
There have been no sims released in the last few years that have had the kind of manual we got years ago with the likes of the Microprose sims. Even the Falcon fanboi's felt silent after years of criticising Ubisoft and ED about the lack of a manual with Lock On when Flacon 4: Allied Force also shipped without a manual. IIRC there was a discussion years ago about the size of packaging, for Europe at least where there was some kind of legislation to make packaging more enviromentally friendly so games went to DVD style packaging like console games I don't know if that's true but it was talked about years ago when games switched to plastic DVD boxes. Aside from that the shops will want DVD packing so they can fit more games on the shelf as oppossed to the old days of big eye catching boxes.

I'd love to see a return to the old glossy manuals we used to get but can't see that happening so it's good that ED have come up with a way to get a hard copy and good that sim friendly online shops like GoGamer and Simware are stocking it. I probably would have bought one but I already gave our office colour laser printer a thrashing months ago

Last edited by Revvin; 03-03-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Revvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #27
G3

trying to read thru a pdf or computer manual is no comparison to sitting on the toilet learning weapons delivery techniques while doing a little mud moving of your own.
think of it as good time management........
and a hard copy gets read and not just looked over when needed, imho.

Last edited by G3; 05-28-2006 at 10:43 AM.
G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #28
VMFA-Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg87
trying to read thru a pdf or computer manual is no comparison to sitting on the toilet learning weapons delivery techniques while doing a little mud moving of your own.
think of it as good time management........
and a hard copy gets read and not just looked over when needed, imho.
I just got my copy last week, Its really a lot faster for reference (in case you forget something) then going to the PDF or trying to dig up your notes...

I like the spiral set up, it saves the manual from getting damaged and its easy to handle...

Good job ED !!!!!

~S~

Blaze
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II
ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12
Windows 10 PRO
Thrustmaster Warthog
Oculus Rift VR
VMFA-Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #29
Ice

Aussies and Kiwis can purchase the manual, Lockon Flaming Cliffs CD and all other Eagle Dynamics / Fighter Collection Products as they become available from Here

Last edited by Ice; 09-05-2006 at 07:52 AM.
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #30
Vampyre Master

So does anybody know where I can get a copy of the enhanced colour manual from Digital Aspirin in a leather binder? I'm in the uk

Vampyre

Last edited by Vampyre Master; 10-08-2006 at 01:56 PM. Reason: left a bit out
Vampyre Master is offline   Reply With Quote