HP Reverb WMR, screen jumps occasionally?

joebloggs

I've been using the HP Reverb for a few days now with DCS and I'm getting what I can only describe as screen jumps like the headset has lost tracking for a brief moment. It then centres itself back in the cockpit again and is alright for a bit before it does it again. Anyone else have this problem and what could be causing it if you don't? I have a spot light in front of me that is pointed sideways to make sure my room is bright enough for WMR.

Does it flash a Pause symbol?

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

HP Reverb WMR, screen jumps occasionally?

Same for me, but only when looking to the right. The issue for the headset is, that I only have a plain white wall right of my Simpit. This white wall apparently does not provide enough features for the WMR tracking to calculate its position. I’ve started hanging stuff onto that wall (patches, posters) and noticed a significant improvement. This white wall was never an issue for the tracking of the Rift S though, probably because the Rift S has way more cameras that aren’t just looking forward.

So maybe trying to provide more features for the WMR tracking around you helps?

You should use the device in an environment with enough light. [...] There must also be enough distinguishing visual features (in other words, decorations, points of contrast, etc.) for the tracking system to work.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/tracking-system

Edited by n26

Author of Scratchpad, DATIS, and maintainer of DCS-gRPC.

Yes the light is what I was thinking too. But just another question if you don't mind because I'm new to WMR. I have WMR setup up for room scale atm, but is there anyway I can just switch it to seated instead of room scale without having to re-run the room scale setup when I need it? Can DCS also be used with room scale set just as good as seated setup? Thanks!

I know some people had tracking issues with the Rift S with CPU hungry games like iRacing & DCS which was resolved by bumping up the CPU priority of the Oculus runtimes. Not sure if the same could apply to WMR?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I know some people had tracking issues with the Rift S with CPU hungry games like iRacing & DCS which was resolved by bumping up the CPU priority of the Oculus runtimes. Not sure if the same could apply to WMR?

I did try lowing my setting to see if that helped, but it happens even when I'm getting over 60 to 90 fps at high altitude. How do I do what you are suggesting though? Do I just click on the WMR processors tab or something? How is it done with Oculus Rift S and I'll see if I can do it with WMR.

I did try lowing my setting to see if that helped, but it happens even when I'm getting over 60 to 90 fps at high altitude. How do I do what you are suggesting though? Do I just click on the WMR processors tab or something? How is it done with Oculus Rift S and I'll see if I can do it with WMR.
For Oculus it was:

Go to task manager/ details / right click on oculus-platform-runtime and set priority to high.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat