Scraches in the cockpit.

Rlaxoxo

Maybe if your visor wasn't pressed up against the HUD they would be less visible? :)

All joking aside though, these scratches seem to be baked onto anything that's considered glass in the sim regardless of aircraft including the HUD in some modules. I'm sure this will get fixed eventually by ED.

All of the examples in that thread are still with the FOV way zoomed in. I'm not saying that they aren't there when not zoomed in but from my experience in VR under those lighting conditions I don't notice them enough to cause an issue. I don't want to turn this into another debate thread. I did mention that they seemed to be baked onto the glass in the sim on a variety of modules so i'm going to assume this is a ED issue and not Razbam. It's the same texture in every module that has them.

Agreed, it's insane how overdone it is under certain lighting conditions. No way in hell a real jet would ever be cleared for operation with a canopy that looked that ridiculous.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Have to agree. Way over done, not immersive at all.

Also the greasy fingerprints on the MFCD's... I'm sure they would be cleaned after the tech re-installed them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

It's a cool visual effect that when overdone (as it is now) detracts, rather than adds, to the immersion. With all the work going on, I'm guessing this may have fallen into the low priority bin. I hope not...

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

During certain angles the scratches on the cockpit are so severe you can't see anything

A bit much no?

QSaWHpm.png

Stupid comments from myself i know, but when you don'T zoom 500 times, does the effect seems less important? Remember in real life we wouldn't be zooming on the HUD 500 times to amplify scratches 500 times. And BTW Scratches comes a lot reflective with the sun light, if you go in hot directly facing the sun yep you'Re looking for trouble, try going in hot not directly facing the sun, i presonaly never have issues as i never use the zoom for bombing or strafing runs even in VR and i try not to go in hot facing the sun directly. Should be less annoying for you?

See my one capture, normal view looking the sun, zommed view facing the sun and turning my head around for the run, you'll see all diference, notice on my in hot screenshot you can see the scratch showing on the left, but not as important as yours... i personaly love the effect, since in RL i don'T directly stare at the sun for 5 minutes straight i try to avoid direct contact and when i'm driving my car, i am not putting a telescope between my windshield and myself to amplify scratches and bugs splash on my windshield. :)

lEzCY0u.jpg

MJFmOnG.jpgslYEa3X.jpg

Edited by Doum76

I’m on the fence, I do like it in my Rift, however I will also state that they’re too much in low light conditions, and still seem to be as bright then as in the images above in bright sunshine.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In real life, i bet even with a lot of scratches and 'zooming' (lets say put your nose right on the hud) your eyes won't focus on the scratches but the outside where you are looking to, and you barely could see the scratches.

When you wear a scratched sunglasses, can you see sharp scratches ? or just a blur?

In real life, i bet even with a lot of scratches and 'zooming' (lets say put your nose right on the hud) your eyes won't focus on the scratches but the outside where you are looking to, and you barely could see the scratches.

When you wear a scratched sunglasses, can you see sharp scratches ? or just a blur?

You can't see scratches on your sunglasses because of how the human eye works.

Normal human being can't see a clean focus image unless the object is around 25 cm away from your eyes.

This is a standard near/far sight test to see what kind of glasses you need if you need any.

I don't think real pilots put their head 10 cm from the cockpit glass so they can't see scratches my man

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

You can't see scratches on your sunglasses because of how the human eye works.

Normal human being can't see a clean focus image unless the object is around 25 cm away from your eyes.

True, but i think this guy is pretty close to the canopy

Selfie-during-ACM.jpg

So if i look right or left in the cockpit and get close to the glass to look outside and below i shouldn't see the scratches (or at least blurry , unfocused)

Also , like i explained before, your eyes will focus on the outside far away, where you are trying to find something, and the scratches should be unfocused not that crisp when you zoom in. Depth of field effect

Something like this:

il_570xN.1531389551_lxok.jpg?version=0

I dont think is that easy to implement in the cockpit, so at least would like to see them less overdone

Edited by =Warlock=

True, but i think this guy is pretty close to the canopy

Selfie-during-ACM.jpg

So if i look right or left in the cockpit and get close to the glass to look outside and below i shouldn't see the scratches (or at least blurry , unfocused)

Also , like i explained before, your eyes will focus on the outside far away, where you are trying to find something, and the scratches should be unfocused not that crisp when you zoom in. Depth of field effect

Something like this:

il_570xN.1531389551_lxok.jpg?version=0

I dont think is that easy to implement in the cockpit, so at least would like to see them less overdone

bruh I can't even see my target through the hud cause of this stuff and you're on about that :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

In anyways enough with the debates, all they did try to reproduce is what you see around 0:08 seconds turn the view around and look at the Aircraft on your 12 oclock high, in other words we CAN see it, but it might be a bit to obvious, as i said in anotehr thread, maybe just tuned down a bit the transperency.