Mayday Mayday Help with Rift and DCS

farmertom

We are getting ready to turn in, hopefully you will get this figured out soon, or someone else might see something in the meantime.

Will check back in the morning also. Based on your screenshot there is something strange going on I think, but likely something simple.

Make sure you are not running any third party graphics injectors also for DCS.

Hang in there, you will get there trust me - and it will be so worth it!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Also you may want to grab the DCS Updater Utility by SkateZilla.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

It is an excellent tool, easy to use for starting DCS in non -VR. It also has a Repair DCS option , you may want to run that to make sure nothing is amiss in your DCS install.

Best of luck, hopefully tomorrow all is well!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

i7 8700 3.7 Mhz 6 cores, Asus gtx 1080ti, 16GB memory...Should work great...I can get the rift to work run the demos, etc. All of that work as expected..DCS works as expected full screen... Just can't get both to work together...

Try renaming/deleting the following fxo folder

C:\users\youraccount\saved games\dcs.openbeta\fxo

this will force DCS to rerender may take a few minites.

The other is I know it's silly but have you enabled VR in DCS settings ??

<edit> your hardware should be fine ;)

Edited by FragBum
and typo

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I had the same problem after rushing through the hardware setup of the rift and plugging the hdmi into the graphics card (while still having my 24" screen hooked up to the i5 (internal) hdmi graphic port). I simply didn't realise that I have 2 hdmi ports on my 1080TI.

Additionally I renamed the "dcs open Beta" folder in X:/*User*/Saved Games/ to XX_open Beta ...., so DCS could create a new profile folder.

Ater that, DCS started up smoothly, I went on a ride in the A-10C and experienced my first PC vertigo ... (blown away by the immersion).

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Hi

although I have not had this specific problem I have experienced issues with my Rift, which were all related to the beta version of the Occulus software. I opted out of the beta and problems went away.

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

I had the same problem (while still having my 24" screen hooked up to the i5 (internal) hdmi graphic port)(blown away by the immersion).

WOW WOW WOW:D:D

I had the monitor connected to the mobo graphics GPU... I had to scramble to find a hdmi to DVI connector, yes the monitor is old. Rename the folder and restarted the ovrserver service.

WOW I was in the DCS hanger...

So I exited out..need to get my HOTAS setup etc...

OK Now for some advice to a first time VR user PLEASE.... :joystick: :pilotfly:

Thanks for your help...

BTW somewhere in bold type it should mention you need to connect the monitor to the same graphic card as the VR.:(

I had the monitor connected to the mobo graphics GPU... I had to scramble to find a hdmi to DVI connector, yes the monitor is old. Rename the folder and restarted the ovrserver service.

Thanks for your help...

BTW somewhere in bold type it should mention you need to connect the monitor to the same graphic card as the VR.:(

:thumbup:

Awesome!

That never occurred to me, glad you got it figured out!

Start out with fairly low on graphics settings. You will want at least 2x MSAA for it to look better, preferably 4x if you can. Maybe 1.2-1.3 Pixel Density in the DCS VR settings. Be sure to assign VR re-center and VR Zoom in the UI layer as I mentioned earlier.

Make sure you have " prefer maximum performance" in the Nvidia settings. Leave all others at default as they really do not do anything for VR.

Most importantly prepare to be blown away and have fun!

Don B

Awesome!

Just flew the P-51....WOW I AM in the cockpit....Will have to work on how to flip switches and learn the cockpit configuration..Maybe when I get a little better we can fly together...

Thanks for your help!:D

Latest 1.26 release version of the Rift software does not allow that any longer. It will still launch anyway, so I am told.

Launching DCS without Oculus Running in latest version will cause problems, for me, it launches SteamVR and has issues w/ no devices etc.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Just flew the P-51....WOW I AM in the cockpit....Will have to work on how to flip switches and learn the cockpit configuration..Maybe when I get a little better we can fly together...

You are most welcome, if I did MP it would be an honor to fly with ya, but I don't - my main mode of play is SP preferably campaign flying, at least for now.

Have fun exploring! You can flip those switches either with a mouse or the Touch Controllers. However I do not believe as of yet right click is supported in DCS for Touch.

Don B

Launching DCS without Oculus Running in latest version will cause problems, for me, it launches SteamVR and has issues w/ no devices etc.

I have a hunch Oculus wants their software running at all times, will be interesting to see if they correct that going forward. After all Oculus Home is also a big marketing tool for them with their games/experiences.

Don B

Awesome!

You can flip those switches either with a mouse or the Touch Controllers. However I do not believe as of yet right click is supported in DCS for Touch.

I tried the touch controllers. I am not sure I know how they worK is DCS. Any documentation on that?

I tried the touch controllers. I am not sure I know how they worK is DCS. Any documentation on that?

I think some details were posted in one of the changelogs when they implemented it, but can't recall which one.

Probably best to just have a play around with them and see what they do.

Don B

Thanks for your help...

Glad it worked out. Welcome to the world of vertigo!

(for the time being, I'll stick to my 4k screen setup with the mfd's)

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

Iirc your only allowed the rift to be plugged into html nothing else

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

the rift and the monitor have to be connected to the same gpu. had this issue aswell as a new rift owner. sorted it out by buying a displayport->HDMI cable as there is only 1 HDMI port in my gpu.

now when you think about it, that's kinda stupid requirement. especially when few VR titles run well with having the monitor in the motherboard gpu, while other titles needed both in same gpu.

that said, i think robo recall run better with monitor in MB gpu. why on earth some apps require using the limited graphics power to be divided with 2 displays when 1 could use resources from both gpu's?

Edited by voodooman