Four Additional Flaming Cliffs Aircraft

Vampyre

You know after thinking about it for some time now, I have a new list of Aircraft that I am theorizing could be part of the new pack.

Jaguar

Buccaneer

Skyhawk

Fitter

Possibly Etendard

Possibly the Original Mig-29K, not the new one.

This list is based on a couple of factors: 1 factor is the announced maps coming up (Persian Gulf, Syria, Falklands).

Another factor, is that some of these have been in development as independent mods, and I could see ED making a deal with each group to make them "Official" but on the simple side just to expedite completion.

The Last thought I had was the other aircraft that did not make this list: Mig-23, F-16, Tornado, etc. These will become full fledged, High fidelity modules, no need to include them here. With one caveat: Sub-models. It is possible that ED might throw us a less capable F-16A model or even an early F/A-18A model for example, in the same way that the A-10A is to the A-10C. Any way it turns out, I am excited and will be purchasing FC4 on day one!

-Woog

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny hype. Mig-29 deserves a proper flight model (and a small systems overhaul to fix the damage done by indiscriminately removing MFD/datalink functionality). Outside of that, I think Flaming Cliffs should stay as the relic it is. Especially since "clickable" isn't a guarantee of top quality anymore, either.

What should be done instead is increase quality requirements of clickable modules. Gross negligence in basic things such as flightmodels, performance, fuel consumption, proper weapons functions etc etc should not be called "high fidelity". The examples are too numerous sadly. The number of working switches can not compensate for broken fundamental parts of a module.

Ka-50, A-10C and P-51D really nailed it when it comes to top tier quality. After that the quality has been variable, early access or not.

Why not make FC4 a twin seat mirror to FC3? Emphasizing on multicrew of a single plane? It can consist of tandem seat equivalents to the original planes in FC3 (of course with a few differences)

For instance:

F-15D

Su-30 (Not the Su-27UB which it normally would be)

Mig-29UB

Mig-29K (single seat I know but as an equivalent to the Su-33 and to elaborate carrier ops)

Su-30MKK (J-11A twin seat equivalent) and can carry Chinese weapons

Su-25UTG (Carrier version) Or Su-25UB(twin seat version)

.............. (Fill this void with any attack aircraft that's a twin seater which you think could mirror the awesome single seat A-10 ;) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

About MiG-23, not sure if you know, CubanAce has made a MiG-23 98 mod (R-77 compatibility), still WIP though. (no wing sweep and EOS hasn't been removed yet :P ) :) (installation instructions needs updating, has to be in saved games of DCS, not DCS installation directory) and for some reason no weapons on stations 1 and 7 (outermost).

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2609606/

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Guest Guest

Where was ED talking about expanding FC3? Last I heard all that was happening was the PFM for the Mig-29.

Will PFM bring so much difference?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Funny hype. Mig-29 deserves a proper flight model (and a small systems overhaul to fix the damage done by indiscriminately removing MFD/datalink functionality.

What are you on about with the datalink/MFD removal? It was done to reflect reality as the 29s that we have modelled didn't have that feature, only HUD repeater.

I forgot about this thread. What I meant is that I would rather see some fully modeled russian aircrafts instead of simple FC3 level. But, oh well, if we can't get them fully modeled I can take them as FC3 level then.

Am I special?

What are you on about with the datalink/MFD removal? It was done to reflect reality as the 29s that we have modelled didn't have that feature, only HUD repeater.

I think the Mig-29S does have datalink which I think should be implemented into the game only for that plane

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

The "baseline" MiG-29 does have a datalink, but only for GCI uplink with indications on the HUD and no tactical display on the IPV. There is no evidence that this is any different on the MiG-29S as this was a very modest upgrade of the basic MiG-29(9.13).

JJ

Yes. After the tactical display was removed the only indicator of target position was on the HUD. And this HUD indication was very flawed, I found myself locking up targets with radar, eos, vertical scan, you name it, only to have absolutely no idea where the target was in fact located! (Target indicator disappeared when target was located at edges of HUD)

Yes. After the tactical display was removed the only indicator of target position was on the HUD. And this HUD indication was very flawed, I found myself locking up targets with radar, eos, vertical scan, you name it, only to have absolutely no idea where the target was in fact located! (Target indicator disappeared when target was located at edges of HUD)

Well, but if that's how the real plane displays it then I don't see the reason to change it, for balance. If it's not then show some evidence to ED and hopefully they change it.

Well, but if that's how the real plane displays it then I don't see the reason to change it, for balance. If it's not then show some evidence to ED and hopefully they change it.

I don’t need balance, i just want the (inferior) system to work as intended. I’ll make a video when i come back from abroad, traveling currently.

Or how about have FC4 solely based on Helicopters? Mainly utility or cargo helicopters with maybe 2 gunships? Like an older AH-1G from Vietnam (BTW the bare 3D model of it is already in the game ;) ) And for the Russian side maybe an Mi-28?

Just a thought

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because modern Russian full fidelity aircraft are not going to be a thing DCS needs Su27SM, MiG31, MiG29K, Su24.

At least, maybe Su34, Su35, Su30 and Su25SM.

Well let’s see here, FC3 has: SU-25, SU-27, SU-33, Mig-29A, MiG-29S, and a Russian Aircraft carrier. Then there is the A-10A and F-15C. That is 5 Reds + a boat, against 2 Blues. I would say it is time for some more Western Hardware!

Well let’s see here, FC3 has: SU-25, SU-27, SU-33, Mig-29A, MiG-29S, and a Russian Aircraft carrier. Then there is the A-10A and F-15C. That is 5 Reds + a boat, against 2 Blues. I would say it is time for some more Western Hardware!

Although that is true, don't you think all the western full fidelity planes already compensate for that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think FC4 would be perfect for tandem seat fighters, as a mirror FC3 and some of the full fidelity planes. FC4 could have the F-15D, Mirage 2000D, Su-30, Mig-29UB and such?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]