VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@Fercyful You may want to have a look at your Windows Theme from the personalization menu.

I have it looking OK here on a Win7 test machine but that is using a standard desktop theme.

PM me if you need more help.

Fixed! Have "icon"+"menu" fonts with bold option active (maybe will help others)

Thanks for support ! Glad user of pro version :thumbup:

Hi,

First up thanks for a great plugin.

I have got everything configured and its working great for a number of modules, but im struggling to get the F-5E working correctly.

PTT is configured to use one button for the various modules with Map multi to single on TX2 with Operate Dial set.

With the F-5E i get ground comms but i loose the ability to talk as soon as i get airborne. I can however, force the communication if I say the command and then manually use the Radio Microphone button (Press RAlt + # on a uk keyboard).

Im running DCS build 2.5.1.1697.

Any thoughts?

Hollywood,

I've tried all the steps you outline for updating LUA files with absolutely no success. Commands are received and understood by DCS, but wingman does NOT respond to commands in anyway. Latest DCS build. Have even tried deleting all LUA entries outlined on page 33 and doing full DCS repair, with VA and Vaicom reinstall/reinitialize. Something isn't working still. Even re downloaded latest 252 Vaicom file with no luck whatsoever. Any ideas? Did a Win 10 update break something. Anyone else having issues?

Hollywood,

I've tried all the steps you outline for updating LUA files with absolutely no success. Commands are received and understood by DCS, but wingman does NOT respond to commands in anyway. Latest DCS build. Have even tried deleting all LUA entries outlined on page 33 and doing full DCS repair, with VA and Vaicom reinstall/reinitialize. Something isn't working still. Even re downloaded latest 252 Vaicom file with no luck whatsoever. Any ideas? Did a Win 10 update break something. Anyone else having issues?

Same issue here. I also suspect the Win 10 update causing it, cause I haven't changed any of my settings, an it worked before the latest Win 10 update.

Is voice attack working since the latest win10 update? I was having problems before so I’ll have no way of telling. But if I read post here and understood them correctly some if not all are having trouble since win10 updated a few days ago. If some or must are having trouble it’s no need for me to waste time on it.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

LUA Files

Windows 10 update wasn't/isn't the problem. Somewhere between a DCS update and viacom update some LUA files failed to update. Deleted them and ran Voice Attack as admin to fix.

I always run VA as admin, and I've gone through the motions of rebuilding and replacing all the LUA files. I still can't get it to to work. Vaicom receives commands and beeps in acknowledgment, but wingman/atc never respond. As an added measure I turned back on pilot/player voice and sure enough, even though Vaicom beeps, the player voice doesn't go out - telling me that Vaicom is not sending the command to DCS.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next, since all the lua code has been rebuilt from scratch with a clean install.

Recognition but No Action

This product is great when it works, I've been there. I'm now trying to use it with Easy Communications set to OFF. I'm also using it with SRS on a server. What I'm getting is... My voice is recognized but no action is taken... However, if I use the menu then action is taken. I suspect there is a setting I have wrong, I've switched between Easy Communications OFF to ON and back again to OFF. I prefer OFF because I want to select the radio and frequency myself. Is there something about the Scripts .lua file within DCS that may be causing this???

It sounds like I'm not alone... some comfort. I suspect that the problem lies in the update process, either by DCS, Windows or possibly even Vaicom/Voiceattack. However, I'm hopeing it's a simple error that I've made.

Is the program working for anyone with the latest updates from all three parties?

Bonz...

Edited by Bonz

Same issue for me on the latest beta.

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

I'm away at the moment and cannot do additional testing.

If you are somehow experiencing issues with 2.5.2 you can check DCS.log to try identify the problem.

Else clear your lua per post #575 and revert to 2.5.1, download bottom page https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html until the snag is identified.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Just purchased your software last night, and look forward to using it. Thanks for your work Hollywood

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

Else clear your lua per post #575

Thanks Hollywood, I just tried you suggestion, I cleaned DCS and restarted Viacom. Interestingly, unlike my initial install it did not automatically add all the required elements - perhaps this relates to the issues others are having.

I manually updated all the files instead as per the manual.

As far as my specific problem goes, having done all this the comms on the F-5 are still not received - A10, huey, F15, Mi8 are all fine. However, the F-5 works fine if I enable easy comms, so for now i have done that.

Thanks.

The way it works for me is to keep the config menu open. If I do not, I can't get ATC or wingmen, et al to respond but oddly, mission specific responses do happen. This works on the fly as well - start DCS, start VoiceAttack. Call ATC for clearance to startup - nothing. Pause game, go to VoiceAttack, open config menu - try again and ATC responds promptly.

I have rebuilt the .lua files as well, as directed and from scratch with DCS repair. I updated VoiceAttack and am using the release 2.5 in VR.

If you are somehow experiencing issues with 2.5.2 you can check DCS.log to try identify the problem.

Else clear your lua per post #575 and revert to 2.5.1, download bottom page https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html until the snag is identified.

Grtz

2.5.2 doesn't work for me after re-installing and double checking the lua.

Reverted to previous version and all is good again

2.5.2 doesn't work for me after re-installing and double checking the lua.

Reverted to previous version and all is good again

Does anyone know how far back you have to go to still have simshaker for aviators working. IIR 2.51 was causing issues.

Anyone have any idea?

Hi,

since i installed vaicom pro and a I am on a flight, it often happens that my map is appearing automatically, that my gears are coming down or my brake is suddenly active... without me doing anything...

Has someone similar problems and any idea, how i can fix it?

Thank you.

BR and happy flying

Ryxh

Does anyone know how far back you have to go to still have simshaker for aviators working. IIR 2.51 was causing issues.

Anyone have any idea?

What's this got to do with Vaicom???

Put it in the right forum old chap, and you'll probably get some answers

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

An early version of Vaicom 2.5.2 broke simshaker.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Really? I don’t recall having this issue myself and I play most days with both.

Ah well, keep it here old chap

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Do we install the new release version of Voice Attack, v.1.7? If so, does everything have to be reinstalled?

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Maybe...Since any new update (windows or DCS) nothing works as it should.

Simshaker for Aviators and Vaicom doesn´t work any more. I have the same issues. No response from DCS to any vaicom command. And no response from simshaker.

I always run VA as admin, and I've gone through the motions of rebuilding and replacing all the LUA files. I still can't get it to to work. Vaicom receives commands and beeps in acknowledgment, but wingman/atc never respond. As an added measure I turned back on pilot/player voice and sure enough, even though Vaicom beeps, the player voice doesn't go out - telling me that Vaicom is not sending the command to DCS.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next, since all the lua code has been rebuilt from scratch with a clean install.

I'm having the very same problem. I'm sure it worked fine untill just a couple of weeks ago....