Thrustmaster response about F-18 stick in development

One could have thought that the F/A-18 grip being out for last year already as there is so many WH owners. And that way generate more buyers as well for the module by ED....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 weeks later...

Lack of elevation wheel and high fidelity TDC will be huge in the hornet if using WH throttle. While I get the cosmetic of creating a new stick will attract more people, the function of the f18 and a10 stick are extremely similar. The throttle however is very different. There are more Hotas functions on the f18 stick I believe not less.. they really should do both! Most people in this sim probably dont like to do half and half and would rather spend for the full setup..

I wonder if they will make the F/A-18 stick available to buy and pug into the Warthog base, or like there steering wheels, even though they are swappable, having to buy a base to get a new wheel.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Probable you buy the complete stick in retailers and for grip standalone has to buy direct from Tm - like is possible with Warthog grip.

When they show the prototype in E3 Tm representative say that retailers has no interest in sell grips only.

Edited by Sokol1_br

For ease of use, even if I did have to buy the base and the grip, I'd probably just use the grip and leave the base in the box, as a spare.

If they also release a throttle, which doesn't look overly likely, and bundle it with the stick, I'd have to go with that.

Their driving wheels like the TS500RS and T300 share the same extra wheels. Retailers outside of online retailers don't really matter in the Sim world anymore. They pretty much don't exist. These sticks will sell well on places like amazon. I think there's a decent chance we see an entirely new HOTAS at E3. I just really hope they offer the stick as a separate. I don't have any interest in another TM Base. Couldn't be happier with my Virpil.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I wonder if they will make the F/A-18 stick available to buy and pug into the Warthog base, or like there steering wheels, even though they are swappable, having to buy a base to get a new wheel.

I'm hoping they're reworking the whole base system to justify base+stick mandatory.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I have a Virpil stick, I am mainly interested in the grip as it can be used on the Virpil base.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Probable you buy the complete stick in retailers and for grip standalone has to buy from direct from Tm - like is possible with Warthog grip.

When they show the prototype in E3 Tm representative say that retailers has no interest in sell grips only.

That's a shame. Shipping just the grip outside of the US or France is outlandish. Maybe the Amazons can pick it up.

I'm hoping they're reworking the whole base system to justify base+stick mandatory.

Since I got a Virpil base now I hope that the stick can be bought seperate

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11