DCS: Steam vs standalone after 2.5.1

finch

So, because in the other thread steam is offtopic I will open a new one asking what is the difference between the new 2.5.1 system protection and the steam version of DCS. What i understand is that the offline mode button in the steam version will not be present, and will only use the steam protection, is this true? thanks

I don't even know what the offline mode is supposed to do, since it already asks me if I want to log in or not in a separate dialogue.

But FWIW: I have Steam version and the Offline button toggle does exist on my main screen.

However, playing with it just now:

If I do log in then click offline mode, the icon changes to offline (works?).

If I don't log in then click offline mode, I get the following error:

"Can't enter offline mode: error 502."

<Shrugs>

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

I don't even know what the offline mode is supposed to do, since it already asks me if I want to log in or not in a separate dialogue.

But FWIW: I have Steam version and the Offline button toggle does exist on my main screen.

However, playing with it just now:

If I do log in then click offline mode, the icon changes to offline (works?).

If I don't log in then click offline mode, I get the following error:

"Can't enter offline mode: error 502."

<Shrugs>

I believe your Steam version is 2.5.0 ? isn't the new 2.5.1 openbeta right?

from what BIGNEWY said :

Confirmed with the team, Steam version uses steams authorisation, and the offline button will be removed from the steam version.

Generally, there isn't much difference between the two on your end, except Steam handles some of the functions that otherwise ED performs. The offline function not working yet in Steam is likely because of one of two things :

Steam has its own offline functionality and ED's is either being integrated into it or is made redundant by it

It has not yet been rolled out for Steam because it's still in beta and not 100% finished, thus still being beta

edit

It appears it's a conbination of both pointa, redundancy and not being finished yet

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

yes I spoke to a team member this morning, the offline button currently in the beta on steam is going to be removed. Steam uses its own off line mode.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...