[REPORTED] DCS Open Beta A10C Mavericks Suck

lasvideo

After flying the A10C for almost the last year (in both 1.5 and 2.2 and 2.5) my experience with the current Mavericks is depressing. They used to lock at around 7-8 miles. Now Im lucky if I get lock at all. Today I was practicing weapons use in Fast Missions and I had to stop flying and step away from DCS, which is pretty shocking since I usually fly about 6 hours a day (retired). Please fix this issue when fixing stuff in 2.5. They are a crucial part of the A10Cs arsenal. And without them performing as they did before, I wont be flying DCS much in the future (at least until they are fixed).

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Please Provide a track and A detailed description of the problem, along with the steps you took.

I have no issues with mavericks locking and firing reliably as long as you are within parameters.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Me neither, they work like they always did.

Maybe you had the day-vision mavericks with you and flew in the night or evening.

The whole system even got better now that objects are finally visible on the TGP again.

Edited by Zabuza

Please Provide a track and A detailed description of the problem, along with the steps you took.

I have no issues with mavericks locking and firing reliably as long as you are within parameters.

Since I have not done what you have requested before, please clarify what I need to do to provide you a track.

The problem I had today in a few DCS 2.5 Easy Fast Missions is...

1. Use TGP to set target as SPI

2. Select either AGM-65-D or AGM-65-H on the HUD display (or DSMS).

3. Select Mav screen on MFCD and China Hat Forward long to slave to SPI set on TGP.

4. Usually the "cross hairs" (tracking gate) will be fixed on the SPI. Open at the center and not locked yet.

5. When in range (usually 8 miles) I TMS FWD SHORT to track (lock).

6. In 2.5 I get the Track (lock) 50% less then I did in 1.5. . Sometimes not at all. And sometimes the tracking gate disappears altogether. Never had that happen in 1.5.

7. Out of desperation I switch to AGM-65-H so I can at least Force Correlate and hope that factors are in my favor.

This approach has worked well until 2.5. Now they are less reliable and more frustrating.

BTW my experience today is with the in game missions that beta tester Ian (Mad Dog IC) just updated for DCS.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3414905#post3414905

Edited by lasvideo

After flying the A10C for almost the last year (in both 1.5 and 2.2 and 2.5) my experience with the current Mavericks is depressing. They used to lock at around 7-8 miles. Now Im lucky if I get lock at all.

Don't want to sound condescending and this might not be relevant because your not even getting to the lock stage, but are you following the recommended procedures for maverick launch, I had to adjust my firing procedure when they added the keyhole parameters sometime back in V1.5.

ie:

http://www.unitedoperations.net/wiki/Mavericks

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=MAVERICK+KEYHOLE&num=50&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=6310UkGq1xwImM%253A%252CjA6oqwinxB7pHM%252C_&usg=__vFVxiD4X6eX6uaMQie9vGFe7Fno%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiC4ZzTjujZAhVCUrwKHYdSDsUQ9QEIKzAA#imgrc=6310UkGq1xwImM:

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Don't want to sound condescending and this might not be relevant because your not even getting to the lock stage, but are you following the recommended procedures for maverick launch, I had to adjust my firing procedure when they added the keyhole parameters sometime back in V1.5.

ie:

http://www.unitedoperations.net/wiki/Mavericks

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=MAVERICK+KEYHOLE&num=50&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=6310UkGq1xwImM%253A%252CjA6oqwinxB7pHM%252C_&usg=__vFVxiD4X6eX6uaMQie9vGFe7Fno%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiC4ZzTjujZAhVCUrwKHYdSDsUQ9QEIKzAA#imgrc=6310UkGq1xwImM:

Regards, Ian.

Good thought, but yes I am. As I said, never had this issue in 1.5, only in 2.5. Any suggestions as to something Im not doing that I should be?

Edited by lasvideo

OK. I went to the DCS 2.5 Nevada Weapons Training mission by The Whale Mountain to trouble shoot this issue.

I started with a target at about 7 miles.

First I used the AGM-65 D then immediately after worked with the H version. Went thru the procedure I use for Mavs stated above. Even added ground stabilization which I havent used a lot in the past.

I static paused the sim so I could get a consistant test situation with both Mavs.

Couldnt get any locks at 7 NM.

Then I flew to 5NM and paused. Again using the same TGP/Mav procedures. Sometimes I got a lock. most time I didnt.

Finally flew to 3 miles. Same drill. Sometime I got a lock. Sometimes I didnt. Sometimes the cross hairs just up and disappeared only to come back if I slewed the Mav head.

Definitely something wrong here. Feel free to replicate this test.

If you get better results then I did I would love to hear what steps you took to achieve it,

Edited by lasvideo

Are you completely sure, that your SPIs are not just a tiny bit off and you need correct it ?

Edit:

I just made a quick flight on East Georgia - Easy Instant Action Mission.

Did a 180, flew to about 10nm and went back in. Locked and fired a Mav(D) at 7.4nm and Mav (H) at around 4.5, which is around a mile less than what I remember, but still, I don;t use Hs

hmmm it doesn't let me attach my track. It constantly opens the Attachments windows even after I have uploaded it.

But, after you fly a mission, and you press quit, there will be a debrief and at the bottom you can see "Save Track"

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Are you completely sure, that your SPIs are not just a tiny bit off and you need correct it ?

Edit:

I just made a quick flight on East Georgia - Easy Instant Action Mission.

Did a 180, flew to about 10nm and went back in. Locked and fired a Mav(D) at 7.4nm and Mav (H) at around 4.5, which is around a mile less than what I remember, but still, I don;t use Hs

hmmm it doesn't let me attach my track. It constantly opens the Attachments windows even after I have uploaded it.

But, after you fly a mission, and you press quit, there will be a debrief and at the bottom you can see "Save Track"

Nope. SPIs are dead on. Try flying the Nevada Weapons mission I mentioned above.

Thanks for the tracking info!

Can you please try Russia Winter Hard Instant Action mission? In this one I couldn't lock tanks with the H model.

I sure will. But based on my experience with the Easy Fast Action missions, I wouldnt be surprised if I had the same problems with the Mavs that you did.

Can you please try Russia Winter Hard Instant Action mission? In this one I couldn't lock tanks with the H model.

Is this forwarded towards me ? I do remember from the past, that the H was able to lock form around 5.5 nm, which is a mile more than what I got from my test, which is also something to note

Nope. SPIs are dead on. Try flying the Nevada Weapons mission I mentioned above.

Thanks for the tracking info!

No Nevada, I am open for donations tho :smilewink: (joke)

Ow and the reason I couldn't upload the track was, because it is 6.9Mbs and the maximum I am allowed is 5Mb

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

They only Hard Instant Action in 2.5 that I see on my computer is

Hard - Russian Lakes - Spring

So I cant help you out on that one.

Edited by lasvideo

Today I decided to run a repair on 2.5 and clean out the metashades and metafx folders.

Ran the same tests as yesterday......in the NTTR desert environment.

At 7 / 5 / 3 NM the AGM 65 D had no problem locking (with or without ground stabilization).

At 7 / 5 / 3 NM the AGM 65 H would never get a lock. But SOMETIMES if I just gave the slew a little bump it sometimes locked. And I could ALWAYS get it to force correlate.

Could be the repair and folder cleaning made a difference. Or maybe its Gremlins. :)

Edited by lasvideo

Ran the NTTR Missions last night, had no problems locking AGM-65, D and H at ranges that I've always locked at.

Shaders wont affect weapons code, likely a placebo, shaders could affect your ability to see things on MFDs in Specific IR Modes etc though.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Is this forwarded towards me ? I do remember from the past, that the H was able to lock form around 5.5 nm, which is a mile more than what I got from my test, which is also something to note

Yes, it was. Sorry I should have made it more clear by quoting you.

They only Hard Instant Action in 2.5 that I see on my computer is

Hard - Russian Lakes - Spring

My bad, I meant Medium West Georgia Winter. It's the one in winter, the only one.

Ran the NTTR Missions last night, had no problems locking AGM-65, D and H at ranges that I've always locked at.

The thing is, the problem doesn't occur on every flight for some reason. What I can say on my end is on some flights H model mavs were completely useless and on other flights they worked perfectly fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My bad, I meant Medium West Georgia Winter. It's the one in winter, the only one.

The thing is, the problem doesn't occur on every flight for some reason. What I can say on my end is on some flights H model mavs were completely useless and on other flights they worked perfectly fine.

I agree. In my tests (in the NTTR desert environment on a cloudless sunny day) the AGM 65 H Never got a lock when slaving it to the SPI I created on the TGP. But I did find if I gave the slew a little bump sometimes it would. But thats just a work around. I could , however get H to force correlate reliably. So something seems broken with AGM-65 H Mavs.

Edited by lasvideo

What are the Conditions?

AGM-65H uses a CCD Seeker designed for use in Desert environments.

I've had some issues both in NTTR (DCS 2.1) and in Caucasus (DCS 2.5 Open Beta).

Conditions..

Weather, Time of Day, Sun Position.