Are you experiencing problems with controls assignation on Joystick/Hotas ?

JuanOscar

Hi,

Some people are reporting problems, trying to assign controls like wheel brake on their joysticks/Hotas with the latest version of DCS.

We are checking the files right now, but it would be helpful if you can tell us if you are experiencing this issue.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I personally have never noticed any assignations between my controllers, but I shall be keeping an eye on them from now on. Are we talking full sexual relations, or just kissing and cuddling behind the bike sheds?

:music_whistling: :music_whistling:

Seriously though, my system works fine with the C101

Hola

Con el X52 no me deja asignarlo. Estoy usando el joytokey para asignar la W.

Me paso también con el EDTracker. Antes podía y con la última actualización tengo que usar el opentrack.

Hi

With a X52 i can not asign it. I am using joytokey to asign letter W.

I had the same problemas with ED Tracker. Now I have to use opentrack. Before i could use it directly.

Edited by PrienU24

After the last update, I had to delete the Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\C-101EB folder and recreate all assignments. Even the ESC key didn't work, I had to Alt-Tab out of the sim and kill it by fire.

There are quite a few other controls that cannot be assigned, including labels, kneeboard, eject, engine start & stop, GPU connection... bank, pitch, rudder...

Yeah, it's kind of messed up at the moment.

Dear Shilka. I hate you so very very much. Love, Rex

Hi

Yes, a lot of key cannot be configured at my joy. W, GPU connection and others. I do not have the ESC problem it works to me. When you try to configure it you cannot select the proper box.

And other problem, but I am not sure if I am doing something bad. In multiplayer, GPU connection key does not work to me. In single player I do not have any problem. I use LSHIFT+P or RSHIPT+P and . but it not works. I have to start with the engines on.

Hola,

Si, yo tampoco puedo asignar muchas teclas al joy. Pero no tengo el problema del ESC. Cuando intentas configurar el joy, no te deja asignar la tecla, es como si estuviera anulado. Hay determinadas funciones que parece no deja que las configures a un joy o por ejemplo al raton.

Otra cosa que me ocurre a mi es que en multiplayer, no me funiona la conexión de la GPU. El singlelpayer si me va correcatmente. Está asignado a LSHIT+P o RSHIP+P o .

Here I have problems with my TrackIR. It was working well but suddenly it is not working. Axes does not appear in controls configuration and there is no track ir axes asigned to view's axes.

Default configuration in ...\mods\aircraft\c-101\input\trackir is unmodified and there is no folder for trackir in ..\saved games\dcs\config\input\c-101eb, so it should take the default configuration. It is quite weird as it was working perfectly last night.

EDITED: apparently it is solved by doing what is mentioned here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2373206&postcount=2

but I don't know why it was working when I did the first installation last night.

Edited by splash

I was checking out assignments and all seem to work except for the zoom, im not able to assign my Warthog Throttle small axis to the Zoom, the field is not available.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Are you experiencing problems with controls assignation on Joystick/Hotas ?

@rajdary

Goto Options-->A-10C Sim (for example)

Choose "Axis Commands" (first entry right of the aircraft dropdown)

Last entry in the list is "Zoom view"

Click double onto the throttle column field in that row

Move the right slider up and down or choose "Joy_slider1" from the "Key/button" dropdown

Should work.

Disregard, didn't read Aviojet, sorry.

Edited by Aeroflow

Just discovered I cant map the wheel brake to a joystick button on the C-101. Haven't flown other planes yet since update, but it appears the wheel brake is still mapped to the joystick button I assigned on all other aircraft except C-101. Tried deleting the cfg but it still wont allow me to map the wheel brake.

• 2 weeks later...

These are the C-101 controls I can't map:

• Aircraft Bank, Pitch, Rudder (joy)
  • Autopilot (key)
  • Autopilot Altitude and Roll Hold (key)
  • Autopilot Barometric Altitude Hold (key)
  • Autopilot Barometric Altitude Hold 'H' (key)
  • Autopilot Disengage
  • Camera transpose mode (key,joy)
  • Comms menu (joy)
  • Eject (joy)
  • Visual recon mode (key,joy)
  • Engines start (joy)
  • Engines stop (joy)
  • GPU connection (joy)
  • Gun trigger (key)
  • HOTAS throttle idle detent (key)
  • Kneeboard Next Page (joy)
  • Kneeboard ON/OFF (joy)
  • Kneeboard Previous Page (joy)
  • Kneeboard Current Position Mark Point (joy)
  • Kneeboard Glance View (joy)
  • Labels Aircraft (joy)
  • Labels All (joy)
  • Labels Missile (joy)
  • Labels Vehicle and Ship (joy)
  • Pickle (key)
  • Pilot pocket torch on/off (joy)
  • Show Pilot Body (joy)
  • Throttle Down (joy)
  • Throttle Up (joy)
  • Toggle mirrors (joy)
  • Wheel brake on (joy)

F99th Pb_Magnet #73

Just discovered I cant map the wheel brake to a joystick button on the C-101. Haven't flown other planes yet since update, but it appears the wheel brake is still mapped to the joystick button I assigned on all other aircraft except C-101. Tried deleting the cfg but it still wont allow me to map the wheel brake.

I`ve managed to map the wheel brake to a joystick button this way:

1) Edit file Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\keyboard\default.lua - comment out the line for 'W' key to make it look like this:

--{combos = {{key = 'W'}}, down = iCommandPlaneWheelBrakeOn, up = iCommandPlaneWheelBrakeOff, name = _('Wheel Brake On'), category = _('Systems')},

2) Edit file Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\joystick\default.lua - add the line before autopilot lines:

{pressed = iCommandPlaneWheelBrakeOn, up = iCommandPlaneWheelBrakeOff, name = _('Wheel Brake On'), category = _('Systems')},

3) Map the wheel brake to a joystick button as usual.

Attached zip with fixed headtracker/joystick/keyboard files.

Input.zip

Edited by azm