DCS:C-101 FAQ

JuanOscar

Probably dumb question but what is exact role of second pilot in CC version ?

In training version is it clear.

I've never cared about that aircraft so excuse my ignorance.

I am starting looking up to this bird.

I don't want to answer for the devs, but generally speaking for two-seat attack/trainers like Tucano, TA-50 or A-37, it allows a small airforce to perform training and combat with the same force pool.

For instance Honduras has four C-101. If your country is stable and you want to train pilots, no problem, you can use all four planes for training.

The Philippines are getting twelve TA-50, they haven't had jets for a while. So in the beginning, they will need all or most of their jets for training. Later when they have a pilot pool, they can transfer more and more jets to the operational squadron.

And for counter-insurgency or anti-drug operations, it helps to have four eyes.

Edited by emg

Probably dumb question but what is exact role of second pilot in CC version ?

In training version is it clear.

I've never cared about that aircraft so excuse my ignorance.

Think of it as a single-seat aircraft with training capability, or ability to carry a spotter, etc... The aircraft is designed to be operated single-crew.

8)

Now, I'd better get back to programming... :D

Best regards,

Tango.

• 8 months later...

Hello Juanoscar.

Other modules that were intended to be multicrew, now, it seems that due to the way it was coded they will have to rewrite the module from the begining. They say then, that multicrew it is not expected soon.

Do you have some feedback at this regard? I mean, will you have the same problem?

Thank you!

Edited by ESAc_matador

Hello Juanoscar.

Other modules that were intended to be multicrew, seems that due to the way it was coded they will have to start from the begining and rewrite the module to make it multicrew. They say mukticrew it is not expected soon.

Do you have some feedback at this regard? I mean, will you have the same problem?

Thank you!

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THIS INFO VERY MUCH ALSO!!!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Other modules that were intended to be multicrew, now, it seems that due to the way it was coded they will have to rewrite the module from the begining. They say then, that multicrew it is not expected soon.

Any info on that?

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant

AMVI

Hi,

Honestly, I have no idea what other teams are doing or what they were intended for...

We worked to have everything ready for multicrew implementation, so if at the end we have to write the code from the scratch we would be the first ones to be very frustrated, but right now didn't reach the multicrew step in our schedule.

After a difficult situation, we are working hard every single day, reaching milestones every week, and hopefully you are going to see this wind of change on 1.5 and upcoming patches, we have a clear path, and multicrew right now is still one of our targets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Honestly, I have no idea what other teams are doing or what they were intended for...

We worked to have everything ready for multicrew implementation, so if at the end we have to write the code from the scratch we would be the first ones to be very frustrated, but right now didn't reach the multicrew step in our schedule.

After a difficult situation, we are working hard every single day, reaching milestones every week, and hopefully you are going to see this wind of change on 1.5 and upcoming patches, we have a clear path, and multicrew right now is still one of our targets.

That's what I like to hear! Vamos, nada para los Españoles!

Gotta catch them all bandits! :joystick: