Moving Map on kneeboard?

MACADEMIC

No, the map will not display own position.

Thanks for the clarification. Just wondering, for any DCS product, is it possible to use an iPad as an addtional external display, such as here?

Would be very interesting to have the virtual pilot in cockpit with his map on the kneeboard, and have an iPad with same map on one's own kneeboard...

MAC

tbcodhurri3.jpg?psid=1

Edited by MACADEMIC
added picture

actually, even if you turn off the kneepad/cockpit view pilot, you're still a usaf pilot in a nomex flight suit and helmet. check out the screenshots of the external view.

unless they plan to make two versions. one with historical pilot. and i don't see that happening. the plane model itself ncludes the pilot model...unless this changed in new engine version.

imo they only added combat ability to satisfy people who will cry about not being able to use it in multiplayer. it's supposed to be an airshow plane.

You're intentionally being anal now. I can't fly an armed to the teeth P-51D into fictitious battles because of the dress code? Remember, the Navy didn't have real Su-27s so it was Hornets vs Hornets at Top Gun. ED modeled this P-51D after 'the' P-51D. It was built to be a fighter first not airshow plane. I'm positive if FAA and ATF allow, most of these owners would mount .50 cals in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

As I understood it, it is about simulating to fly a P-51D in combat today.

It is as if you would have restored an original P-51D, not just for fying displays at an airshow, but with its full military capabilty.

But we are still flying it today in a moderrn-day environment. That's why I would find it logical to add an optional portable GPS or digital (evt. moving) map. And of course I would expect a modern day UHF/VHF radio set.

I just simply cannot imagine flying a P-51D today without these simple, cheap and readily available tools.

That doesn't mean it can be fun to navigate the old way, as we do all the time with the vanilla Su-25 in Lockon.

But imho this is not meant as a WW2 simlator, but I could be wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But imho this is not meant as a WW2 simlator, but I could be wrong.

I don't recall anyone, from ED, saying it was!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

But we are still flying it today in a moderrn-day environment. That's why I would find it logical to add an optional portable GPS or digital (evt. moving) map. And of course I would expect a modern day UHF/VHF radio set.

So how does A2A handle the radios with their Accu-sim P51? Or are they not simulated.

So how does A2A handle the radios with their Accu-sim P51? Or are they not simulated.

I don't recall seeing it mentioned for the P-51 but one of the panels in the Accu-sim Piper Cub is a hand held radio.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

To bad we do not have whole and nice drawn map for DCS v2 world.

But that could more easily be provided: I guess indeed that would be a most welcome addition: a nice, detailed map that you could use to study the mission. Can be a PDF or something which youthen would use outside the game, or indeed a browsable kneeboard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]