MOOSE - Mission Object Oriented Scripting Framework - Page 85 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #841
RglsPhoto
ED Translator

Reputation power: 7
RglsPhoto will become famous soon enoughRglsPhoto will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyfranky View Post
For static objects the group fields won't be filled. But the unit ones should not be nil. I can't test it right now, but you could try this version.
Code:
tgt1 = STATIC:FindByName( "Static_fuel_tank_tgt1A" )

tgt1:HandleEvent( EVENTS.Dead )

function tgt1:OnEventDead( EventData )
  MESSAGE:New("I just died and my name is "..EventData.IniUnitName, 15):ToAll()
end
The message can be send without "coming" from a group or unit and mind the EventData.IniUnitName instead of EventData.IniGroupName.
Hi funkyfranky

Thank you so much, the message can be printed now, but the IniUnitName is who get killed, what I want to get is the killer instead of the victim
Old 10-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #842
Pikey

Reputation power: 30
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

Only HIT events have the initiator and the target. DEAD events have the unit that died and the time.
This is because the unit that died can be hit by more than one person, but the game doesn't decide who is responsible for it's death.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:20 PM   #843
FlightControl

Reputation power: 15
FlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric963 View Post
Ran you mission and getting the same crash. Tested my own mission and it does the same, works in 15. crashed in 2.1 NTTR
Guys, I had the same... in 2.1...
But, i had statics at the airbase. Once i removed the statics from the mission, I had no crash anymore!
Can you or Tracerfacer try this?
Old 10-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #844
FlightControl

FlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really niceFlightControl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
I just wanted to take a minute to say THANK YOU to FC and the entire MOOSE development team.

What you've done here rivals the size, scope, and planning of any project I've worked on in 20+ years of IT, and the quality of the work is superb all around.

I know you guys get a lot of use case questions, and I've certainly asked my share too, but as much as I use the framework, it's high time to express appreciation to this team for a job well done on what for me is a transformational product for mission design.

Please be buoyed by the assurance that what you are doing is used, and appreciated.

V/R,

/Fargo007
Thank you! That is great to read!

It is a bit invisible how many people are using this framework, so thanks for the appreciation to the team.

This framework is an ongoing target, the more people use it, the better it will get, and less bugs will appear over time. The more people are contributing and helping others, the more time the developers have with extending the framework with new modules.

Thanks
FlightControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:32 AM   #845
RglsPhoto
ED Translator

RglsPhoto will become famous soon enoughRglsPhoto will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
Only HIT events have the initiator and the target. DEAD events have the unit that died and the time.
This is because the unit that died can be hit by more than one person, but the game doesn't decide who is responsible for it's death.
Thank you, I walk around it, subscribe Hit event of the target and save the initiator, then subscribe the Dead event, so when the target gets killed, I can know by who
Old 10-18-2017, 03:11 AM   #846
FlightControl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RglsPhoto View Post
Thank you, I walk around it, subscribe Hit event of the target and save the initiator, then subscribe the Dead event, so when the target gets killed, I can know by who
SCORING works like this also. And the accounting for the deads in the FSM works like this too.

Is this for scoring deads? Because that has already been written...

SCORING class ...

FC
Old 10-18-2017, 05:15 AM   #847
RglsPhoto
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightControl View Post
SCORING works like this also. And the accounting for the deads in the FSM works like this too.

Is this for scoring deads? Because that has already been written...

SCORING class ...

FC
yep, I will check the SCORING when I get home. Thank you
Old 10-18-2017, 08:28 PM   #848
ked

Reputation power: 1
ked is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, i was wondering if there was a way to change the tactics A2A AI is using once in engagements ? Like azimuth split, range split, ... I looked at the documentation but couldn't find it

Thanks, great framework btw i didn't think LUA could be so clean
ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:16 AM   #849
TracerFacer

Reputation power: 3
TracerFacer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightControl View Post
Guys, I had the same... in 2.1...
But, i had statics at the airbase. Once i removed the statics from the mission, I had no crash anymore!
Can you or Tracerfacer try this?
sorry to report that after removing all the statics - I get the exact same crash. Seems like when the F10 menu is updating during the task creation process. (guess from the logs)
Attached Files
File Type: zip dcsMooseCrashVegas.zip (92.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by TracerFacer; 10-19-2017 at 12:19 AM.
TracerFacer is offline   Reply With Quote