F/A-18C Armament Thread - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #91
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 86
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

Not removing because of new operational limits,

And Including because another Branch/Country Has it.

2 Different things.

Which is why we don't have Mavericks on the F-5E, nor the Refueling Probe.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #92
Gladman

Reputation power: 6
Gladman will become famous soon enoughGladman will become famous soon enoughGladman will become famous soon enough

You do like to argue, don't ya.
Gladman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:52 AM   #93
Paradox

Reputation power: 8
Paradox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the roughParadox is a jewel in the rough

The reason we don't have mavs on the F-5 is because of lack of documentation.

The reason we don't have a refueling probe on the F-5 is because no F-5E3 has one

Neither of these are factors for the Lot 20 hornet and GBU-12s on double racks.

I think you're drawing false equivalences and I'm not even sure why you're doing it. It has not been stated that the version we're getting is US Navy only. We could take this as far as the individual BuNo for the simulated aircraft but we all know that's silly.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 03:49 AM   #94
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 98
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Lets wait and see what we get, if in fact we dont get something you guys think we should, I am sure the team will be happy to explain why, but lets not get all argu-ie at this point...

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:51 PM   #95
The Black Swan

Reputation power: 5
The Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the rough

Sith I'm not wanting to argue but I hope I can just give the reasons I think ED should model the ability to carry dual GBU-12s.

I hope that if anyone from the hornet team sees this they would give it a consideration.

1. The Hornet in DCS will undoubtedly be the most realistic recreation ever done of the F-18.
It would be a real shame to have this little detail missing.

2. Wags said in his intro video that "We plan to include all weapons carried by US operated F/A-18Cs." While I understand everything is subject to change, it would again be a real shame if we had such a huge arsenal of weapons but this missing detail made us miss out on some very interesting/versatile loadouts that the hornet is capable of.

3. If you guys decided to leave out any USMC loadout capabilities and to only stick with USN (and therefore leave out the BRU-55 due to how recent their purchase of it is), correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't this also mean we would loose the ability to mount dual JDAMs on a pylon? Don't those require a BRU-55? While I prefer the LGBs, this would seriously restrict the amount of fun "ripple drops" that one could do with JDAMs.

Not meaning to be argumentative just putting these out there, I realize there is a ton of stuff you guys are working on...

--------------------------------------------
@Skate
I'm sure you know more about the navy regulations etc. than I do, but if that double GBU-12 setup wouldn't be considered for drag/weight reasons, then I must conclude that the navy is giving their legacy hornets a "baby treatment."

I did some calculating, see the A/A loadout in this vid at 0:37?

The drag and weight per wing are...
drag index = 48.3
weight = 4,132 lbs (with full tanks)

remember that 1x maverick and 2x GBU-12 per wing load out posted earlier?
Here's that one...
drag index = 48
weight = 2,902 lbs

Ya I know the tanks will run out, but they will only match the weight after more than 1,000 lbs (2,000 from both) burn off!
And that's an A/A loadout!

I certainly hope the navy doesn't have weight/wing loading restrictions THAT strict or we'll have no fun

Plus the Hornet restricts Gs based on loadouts so I'm not worried.

Last edited by The Black Swan; 10-14-2017 at 10:54 PM.
The Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:05 AM   #96
Wizard_03

Reputation power: 4
Wizard_03 has a spectacular aura aboutWizard_03 has a spectacular aura aboutWizard_03 has a spectacular aura aboutWizard_03 has a spectacular aura about

Dosen't 282B mean two mark 82s per pylon on BRU55? Might be a placeholder but I'd take that as a good sign.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #97
The Black Swan

Reputation power: 5
The Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the roughThe Black Swan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_03 View Post
Dosen't 282B mean two mark 82s per pylon on BRU55? Might be a placeholder but I'd take that as a good sign.

Not really, the BRU-55 is for smart bombs. BRU-33 should be used in this case (i think).
Old 10-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #98
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 43
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

I think you guys should ask Olgerd, he's the dev working on avionics. (if you really want to know the answer).

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #99
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 86
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

BRU-33/A can Hold 2 Mk-82s.

4x Mk-82s Per Wing was a capability even the F/A-18A's had.

Quote:
The BRU-33 vertical ejector rack (VER) (fig.10-20) is suspended by the BRU-32/A bomb rack. Itprovides side-by-side and canted side-by-side carriageand release of two 14-inch suspension stores, rangingfrom 10- to 16-inches in diameter and weighing up to1,000 pounds.
Mk-82's range from 510- to 575 depending on casing, and are 10 and 3/4 inches in diameter.
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote