[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign - Page 59 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 10:29 PM   #581
ziher

Playing as Red (on Caucasus North) i noticed that AI SU-33 tries to take off from carrier even with AI parking start disabled. And they fail at that miserably and crash at sea (i don't use supercarrier module).
I also noticed that with AI parking start enabled all planes (Red and Blue) try to takeoff immediately without delay that is set in mission planner.

Last edited by ziher; 06-24-2020 at 10:33 PM.
ziher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:00 AM   #582
Steamthrower

Hey Khopa- can you tell me if we are able to transport troops with the Huey or do other missions? I'm not sure what sort of abilities we can have with those other than CAS.
Additionally- do you know if there is a way to tell the AI to ~not~ fly into SAM areas and get themselves killed? It's a super fun campaign mode but the AI ruin it by just running into SAM sites and I end up losing numbers of Hornets and Eagles.

Last edited by Steamthrower; 06-26-2020 at 08:20 AM.
Steamthrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:28 AM   #583
JCae2798

Wow, this RC build is amazing! Great work Khopa!!! As someone fairly new to DCS this campaign is a great mission generator. Appreciate all the work you've been putting into it and sharing this with the community.
JCae2798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:45 PM   #584
quyes

Hey Khopa,

I'm really enjoying the newest RC. Can't say enough how great the work is.

I really like the carrier BRC alignment with the wind now, it's been working very consistently. However, I'm noticing one issue. The wind seems to be reversed 180 degrees from what's desired. The wind is always blowing straight down the carrier but as a tailwind. I suspect the issue is that the mission editor uses the direction the wind is blowing to, rather than the norm in aviation of reporting where the wind is blowing from. So the carrier direction needs to be the reciprocal of the wind direction in the editor where as in real life they would be the same.

I'm not sure if it matters but I've seen this in every mission so far but I've only tested using the PG - Iran invasion map with the SC.
quyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:14 AM   #585
LazerPotatoe

Quote:
[Flight Planner] Added STRIKE mission generator
I added an AJS37 with a Strike mission, and he had a bomb loadout, but didn't seem to get any waypoints.
EDIT: I guess if I frag them myself, I need to add the Waypoints.

I did notice that when the Mission Generator builds the Viggen path, it flies very high and the INGRESS point is sometimes quite far from the strike. But I guess this is still work-in-progress.

Cheers,

modules:
F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:
OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

Last edited by LazerPotatoe; 06-29-2020 at 02:05 AM.
LazerPotatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:27 AM   #586
Felipius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khopa View Post
Hello guys,

Do you mean that they are all starting up, taxying, and taking off at the beginning of the mission ? It should not happen, but I do have already seen this happening during testing when there were errors in the generated mission file. What was the scenario and the map, and did you got any error messages window in DCS when loading the mission ?

Also, be aware, that from version RC8, by default all the aircraft will be spawned on a parking slot at the beginning of the mission.
However, they should be in uncontrolled state, and will only start up and take off when they are supposed to.

But if you want to get the old behaviour with late activation triggers and AI starting in the air, you can disable this option in the settings menu :

Thanks for reporting that, i was able to fix it in 2.0RC9

====================================

For the issue with the bullseye being incorrect, i still don't have a fix, but i have only noticed it on this part of the map, not sure what is wrong yet.

====================================

New release 2.0RC9

RC9 is available here : https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberat...ses/tag/2.0RC9

It features two bug fixes, and new icons from Discord user Deus.

I know it is a bit early but i will be on vacation in a place with almost no internet and unavailable for a few days, so better release this now.

And save files from RC7 and RC8 are compatible with this version.
Hi Khopa. This is what happens tested in RC9:

1) Option "AI planes parking start" is ACTIVE
2) Dcs Liberation UI generates the mission "liberation_ nextturn"
3) I used to take a look in mission editor and this is what a see:
  • Red Ai aircraft parked in their respective parkings
  • Severl time spawns scripts linked to all these aircraft but...
  • The option "Delayed activation" disabled in all of them.
4) So, I have tried two options:

ONE: Activate manually the option "delayed activation" for each red aircraft but nothing happens. Red AI aircrafts never spawns.
TWO: Leave everything as I have found: Option " Del. Act." disabled. Then ALL of the red faction aircrafts spawns at the mission start. When the mission ends, the following error appears:

https://gyazo.com/cd6b5a7b1203a6bdbb3b438eb4025410

EDIT: I tried the same mission but with ""AI planes parking start" disabled and everything went fine. No errors nor weird behaviours.

Regards

Last edited by Felipius; 06-29-2020 at 08:50 AM.
Felipius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:39 AM   #587
The_Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipius View Post
Hi Khopa. This is what happens tested in RC9:
ONE: Activate manually the option "delayed activation" for each red aircraft but nothing happens. Red AI aircrafts never spawns.
TWO: Leave everything as I have found: Option " Del. Act." disabled. Then ALL of the red faction aircrafts spawns at the mission start.
Yes because then this is exactly what should happen. It is intended now that with "AI planes parking start" the planes should not have a delayed start. They have to be in the mission from the beggining (so OCA strikes are possible). They are then in an uncontrolled state and take off at their fragged times in liberation. With delayed activation they would not appear at the ramps. If you don't want this, deactivate "AI planes parking start" then they will spawn in at their fragged times like before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipius View Post
When the mission ends, the following error appears:

https://gyazo.com/cd6b5a7b1203a6bdbb3b438eb4025410

Regards
You have to copy the missionscripting.lua from your liberation folder to the DCS scripts folder then or comment out the corresponding lines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khopa View Post
You have to edit the file : "Scripts/MissionScripts.lua" and overwrite it by the content of the file : "<dcs_liberation_folder>/resources/Scripts/MissionScripting.lua", and then restart DCS.

However, this should be automatically done by DCS Liberation, but maybe it didn't figured out your DCS installation directory.

If you don't do this, the mission file cannot write on disk the status of the campaign for DCS Liberation to proceed. (This file contains info about the units/buildings that were destroyed during the mission, and base capture events.)

Maybe it is also because DCS was already running when you first launched DCS Liberation ? (Then the updated file would maybe not have been loaded by DCS world Lua engine and you would run into this error)
The_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:55 AM   #588
Felipius

Understood! Thanks

Edit: However I still think that DCS liberation generates too many enemy airplanes per mission....50 Iranian airplanes are too many Iranian airplanes...

Last edited by Felipius; 06-29-2020 at 03:33 PM.
Felipius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:20 PM   #589
Sérvalpilot

Hello everyone!
So I just finished a campaign in the Caucasus map and here is my feedback.
Overall, I'm impressed. I suggest less ambient smoke to save performance and the Russian side starts in Anapa instead of Tbilisi.
This is great work and I'm looking forward to the next development of this!
Sérvalpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:59 AM   #590
FiringPin

ran as admin. same problem. wont start ...sadface...
FiringPin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, dynamic campaign