Upcoming maps (modern)

Furiz
Go to solution Solved by Furiz,

So there is lots of mixed info about new maps, Marianas is coming for sure and its free that's cool,

but what about other maps, I see lots of mentions of Afghanistan, Syria, Falklands... There is the unofficial road map, but its unofficial :P

what is being worked on to be released? I'm not asking for release dates, just the work in progress info.

Syria and Falklands are in development by third party devs. Not looked much at the state of Syria but Razbam are doing the Falklands and you'll see plenty of updates on their Facebook page. Falklands looks like a great package, it's being developed alongside the Sea Harrier and a Falklands asset pack and given Baltic Dragon's campaign work for Razbam I suspect we may see a fantastic campaign as well.

Not aware of any active development on Afghanistan, just that someone might like to do it someday...but someone else might kn ow better than me.

Not aware of any active development on Afghanistan, just that someone might like to do it someday...but someone else might kn ow better than me.

Afghanistan was "announced" here:

DCS is a true "sandbox" simulation that is also designed to cover multiple time periods of interest such as WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Gulf War and others. Current regions to battle include the Caucasus, Nevada Test and Training Range, and Normandy 1944. New maps in development include the Strait of Hormuz, Syria, Afghanistan, and others.

Discussion thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216588

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not quite

Afghanistan was "announced" here:

Discussion thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216588

This was an old statement though.

The only "official" information last conveyed by Wags in an interview was that, while ED is certainly interested in this map, there was no work on it planned in the ner future.

This is also confirmed by pipeline published by ED COO.

As it stands now, do not expect this situation to change this year.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 3 weeks later...

We need different options when it comes to maps. Something that is sorely needed is jungle maps ie. Asia, parts of Africa, South America. I'd love a Vietnam map but I'd settle for something similar. ED really kill us by making maps paid for. The player base isn't that big...and having paid maps just splits the online community even more.

Have a look at BoX where all the maps are free so when maps change, you don't automatically kick players out.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

• Solution
We need different options when it comes to maps. Something that is sorely needed is jungle maps ie. Asia, parts of Africa, South America. I'd love a Vietnam map but I'd settle for something similar. ED really kill us by making maps paid for. The player base isn't that big...and having paid maps just splits the online community even more.

Have a look at BoX where all the maps are free so when maps change, you don't automatically kick players out.

That's is true about paid maps but they don't live on air, maps are expansions, you pay for expansion packs for other games.

About the map location, I'd love to see our maps connected, from Caucaus to Persian gulf, would be nice to have all that, afganistan is not rly a desert, syria too, that would br great, Iraq etc... Middle East is a great stage, Balkans too.

That's is true about paid maps but they don't live on air, maps are expansions, you pay for expansion packs for other games.

About the map location, I'd love to see our maps connected, from Caucaus to Persian gulf, would be nice to have all that, afganistan is not rly a desert, syria too, that would br great, Iraq etc... Middle East is a great stage, Balkans too.

Definitly Balkans!

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 1 year later...
On 5/9/2020 at 1:57 AM, ChillNG said:

Syria and Falklands are in development by third party devs. Not looked much at the state of Syria but Razbam are doing the Falklands and you'll see plenty of updates on their Facebook page. Falklands looks like a great package, it's being developed alongside the Sea Harrier and a Falklands asset pack and given Baltic Dragon's campaign work for Razbam I suspect we may see a fantastic campaign as well.

No more deserts! We need Eastern Baltics map or Korea.

16 hours ago, IcedVenom said:

The only desert map i really wanted was Kuwait Iraq Iran SA border for Gulf War, Desert Storm and Iraq-Iran War. I thought i was an obvious choice but we have Persian Gulf map instead.

• Like 3

On 7/7/2021 at 12:21 PM, IcedVenom said:

Agreed, Korea or Vietnam

• Like 4

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...