Editing MIZ files

rbland

Does anyone know how to change Miz files from read-only to read-write ?

The Su-27 Ultimate Argument campaign has locked files.

I can edit & launch from mission editor, but cannot rename the file & save elsewhere for later.

You can do that only with unprotected mission files. The Su-27 campaign missions are DRM protected an therefore can not be just saved under a different name (which would make the DRM pointless, right? ;o)

Even if it were possible, you would not have much fun with it as the most important part of those missions (all the triggers!) is not stored in the .MIZ file itself anymore. Instead it is located in a DRM protected .DLL file that you can't change.

Cheers guys.

I didn't realise the triggers are kept elsewhere.

I copied all of the other campaigns as single missions so that I can dip in & out of them (F-15C, BS2 etc) as I'll never have time to play through them all properly (married with kids 'n all that).

They seem to play ok, so hopefully I'm not missing out on too much if triggers are missing !

Anyhoot, thanks.

Cheers guys.

I didn't realise the triggers are kept elsewhere.

I copied all of the other campaigns as single missions so that I can dip in & out of them (F-15C, BS2 etc) as I'll never have time to play through them all properly (married with kids 'n all that).

They seem to play ok, so hopefully I'm not missing out on too much if triggers are missing !

Anyhoot, thanks.

You will have all the units/targets and all your aircraft - so you can take off and kill stuff. But the triggers define the logic that go beyond that, they are necessary for anything that happens dynmically. How much and how sophisticated those triggers are in that campaign ... I have no idea - as they are, well, not visible.

So I really recommend not to (mis-)use those missions that way - it will probably really spoil your experience and fun with them.

But you should be able to run any campaing mission independently of the campaign - just load them from the respective campaign folder as regular, single mission. That should also work for the DRM protected campaigns (although I have not really tested this yet).