** Enhancement Thread **

Mt5_Roie

**Moderator, please stick ***

So this thread is to keep track of things that you guys are asking for that would be nice to add in future updates. Keep in mind that while you can ask for anything, only those things that realistic will be done. So looking at all your thread so far here's the list that I can see:

Will sort at some point.

Commander: Make commander's animation more human, less creepy

Commander: Have the option of having no Commander in the seat

Force Feed Back: Add the ability to use Force Feed Back Joysticks

Weapons: Add Guns, Rockets, Mistral, and sharks with lasers on them.

Skin: Release Skin template.

Doors: add ability to open and close then by clicking

Tutorial video: turn on all system including countermeasures.

Model: A civil model without Vivian system

Buttons: implement missing buttons like Hyd test

Manuals: Finish them and add checklists

Pilots: UK uniforms

Pilots: Ejectable

Pilots: Skin Template

Special: Rudder Trim

ADI: add more texturing

TV: key assignment for on/off

Logbook: add functionality

Pilots: Add gas effect if flying backwards to long

Auto-Hover: Add ability to use rudders

Skis: 1980's Iraqi skin

TV: rotaries assignment for brightness/contrast

cockpit: UK or English version

Cockpit: reduce cockpit vibrations

model: add cargo hook and hoist option

pilot: knee board for virtual pilot

Auto-Hover: Indicate when it's on with a lamp

Windows: ability to open and close windows

Weapons: have machine gunners

Misc: Add passengers

If I missed something, add it below and I'll add it to this list. We'll try to have periodical updates to let you know progress on them.

Edited by Mt5_Roie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Option to remove doors please.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Please add keyboard control for rudder control ( palonnier).

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Manuals are still being worked on. The orginal manual is in French and I've been helping with the convertion. But still a lot to go, but we wanted to get you guys flying first.

The manuals are WIP? Besides from some spelling and grammar errors, the formatting could be a bit better at times. Suggestion: create separate thread for that?

Agree with Flagrum, those look a bit rough still.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Add the Eject command for a way to leave the bird when you invariably crash. This way you can spawn in a new bird with the Alt-B -> Fly sequence.

Also, please include the pilot uniform texture in the templates so different nationalities can be more adequately represented.

• ED Team

First off, awesome work on the helo. Had a lot of fun learning to start up, fly and fight last night in the Gazelle.

I know a lot of helicopters, like the Gazelle, don't have force trim on the pedals (like the Ka-50), but I'd like to ask that it be considered as a future option in the "Special" tab in Options. I have a set of rudder pedals that are spring-driven back to center, so it can get tiring after a while to hold them in position.

For other forum users, please don't throw the "realism" argument at me; if that was the case, half the options in DCS wouldn't exist.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

This might already be possible, but the ability for the commander to have independent control of the collective whilst in "auto hover" mode to minimize exposure time.

I know it's possible to control the helicopter from the commanders seat but my idea being that i could fly behind cover in the pilots seat, put it into "auto hover", then swap over into the commanders seat.

Having control of the collective whilst operating the HOT 3 controls would enable me to "pop up" from behind the cover and fire off the missile. Once the missile has hit, lower the collective to put the helicopter behind cover again and then jump back into the pilots seat and move.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

This might already be possible, but the ability for the commander to have independent control of the collective whilst in "auto hover" mode to minimize exposure time.

I know it's possible to control the helicopter from the commanders seat but my idea being that i could fly behind cover in the pilots seat, put it into "auto hover", then swap over into the commanders seat.

Having control of the collective whilst operating the HOT 3 controls would enable me to "pop up" from behind the cover and fire off the missile. Once the missile has hit, lower the collective to put the helicopter behind cover again and then jump back into the pilots seat and move.

You can do this already. Just disable the Auto-collective ("C"), but be sure to match your collective before.... I know what i am talking about ;)

• Like 1

i79900k @ 4,7 - Geforce RTX2080TI 11GB - 32Gbram - Win10 - TRackIr4 - Thrustmaster Warthog/Saitek Rudder

Key assignment for tv on/off. Would like to have it assigned to cougar mfd button

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Manuals: Please provide proper checklists for procedures. Tutorial missions are great, but they should only complement -not replace- essential sections of the manual.

My humble rig: Windows 10 pro 64bit; i7-6700k on Gigabyte Z170X G7; 32GB; MSI 980ti Twin Frozr; 512GB Samsung 950 Pro (NVMe/PCIe x4); 1TB Samsung 850 Pro; Komplete Audio 6; TrackIR 5 Pro;

DCS 2.5 with almost all modules; favourites: Shark, Mi-8, Harrier, Viggen, Mirage, Hornet

I'd like to see the log book system working for the Gazelle - but not too soon, so I can kill myself a few more times learning to fly and hover it, and still have good looking stats!

Also, could you implement the smell of aviation fuel and hot exhaust gasses - especially when flying backwards too? :music_whistling:

Please set auto-collective to off by default, and make it a "special tab" option rather than something that can be activated by a keystroke ("C"). At the moment it has to be deactivated by hand using "C", and that can lead to confusion for a pilot who forgot to deactivate it, or forgot whether he deactivated it or not. If you deactivate it in flight in a hover, if you collective doesn't happen to be at the exact setting of the auto-collective, it means certain death (VRS).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Force Feed Back: Add the ability to use Force Feed Back Joysticks

this.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Hello Polychop!

I would like the ability to inverse the Joystick controls (for the vertical) for when the joystick controls the Viviane sight. From the tutorial I gather that we will lose the ability to control the Viviane with out stick during multicrew. I hope you will instead find a way to make the pilot have the stick and still control the sight with the stick as a gunner.

Check my F-15C guide