Gazelle Live Stream

Wags

Poor Sven. It's obvious he's in shock at the fact that Wags made it through flight school.

Ahhh.....did he though? or was that just a rumour?

Personally I recon he's still in Beta testing :joystick:

Just joking Wags :D

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's actually doing pretty well for just learning the Gazelle. She's quite agile and I think it'll be fun to see videos from day 1 of people trying to fly her. Same thing happen when the Huey came out...lot of crash videos. While Wags landings are a bit rough...he lands in one piece.

Ahhh.....did he though? or was that just a rumour?

Personally I recon he's still in Beta testing :joystick:

Just joking Wags :D

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

PLEASE don't let her be as difficult as the Huey was to fly at the start, great great fun, but damn was it tough. Granted looking at how people fly her now it's quite surprising just how much difficulty we all had. :)

Ref the damage, is it fully implemented yet? I only ask because some of the manuvers Wags was doing after being hit, were rather unusual, she seemed to just be rolling on her axis until the hard stop when he hits the ground. Maybe it's the way the video is, but it just didn't appear to be moving realistically. Again only my reaction to the vid, in all other respects the Gazelle looks down right amazing, and I will be purchasing the very min it comes on sale.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• 1 year later...
Is it even allowed or recommended to fire the HOT while in forward flight?

I have seen this done in a video (to confirm that it is done IRL).

That said, I have had the opportunity to fire Hot3's while on the move. It is safer to do so in some respects because you are a moving target not a sitting duck.

On the other hand, it is very difficult to hold the cross hairs on target when you are moving unless the pilot is really good at "keeping her straight and steady" so you have minimum steering adjustments to make.

The pilot can put the (See Gazelle Manual Page 60 and 61) "vertical bar source selector knob" into the VIS position and then maintain the vertical bar centered on the Artificial Horizontal indicator (which in Vis mode is lined up with the direction the Vivienne is looking).

But again, you can only adjust the aiming/steering so much or so fast.

So while definitely possible and definitely done IRL, it is much easier and more accurate to fire from a fixed stable position/location.

SnowTiger:joystick: