A sneak peak of .. Leavu3

Awesome tool! I made 3 copys of the leavu folders, so I have 3 different configurations. Placed them borderless with increased font size behind my MFCD frames and it works great.

But one problem - when I click an OSB with the mouse, the active window will be changed to leavu and dcs won't recognize my joystick inputs until I click into the dcs screen?! Is there a solution for this?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome tool! I made 3 copys of the leavu folders, so I have 3 different configurations. Placed them borderless with increased font size behind my MFCD frames and it works great.

But one problem - when I click an OSB with the mouse, the active window will be changed to leavu and dcs won't recognize my joystick inputs until I click into the dcs screen?! Is there a solution for this?

yep. Enable noFocusOnClick in the leavu3 config file(s) :thumbup:

Maybe this should be the default setting ..

• Like 1

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Was there a new update that was just posted? the info page of the display has the update sign blinking.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Was there a new update that was just posted? the info page of the display has the update sign blinking.

I have an automatic build tool that puts up new versions for download as soon as I change anything. I wont post in this thread unless there is a major change somewhere. I think I just added some more logging. :)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

FYI the noFocusOnClick leavu3 setting is a bit finicky. It ONLY works if you

1. double click leavu3

2. Immediately after you double click leavu3 (before leavu3 appears!), click another window

:). No clue why. Some win32 API magic.

Same should be true for starting multiple windows by script. Initialize the script, then before any window pops up (asap!) click something else :S

yep version was updated, compare your version.txt to the download pages version.txt to verify. (just double checked looks like both dcs-remote and leavu3 needed updated for me.)

Edited by Davison

Basically leavu and dcs remote are pretty much always backwards compatible during updates. So no absolute requirement to update just because you see a flashing button :).

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

FYI the noFocusOnClick leavu3 setting is a bit finicky. It ONLY works if you

1. double click leavu3

2. Immediately after you double click leavu3 (before leavu3 appears!), click another window

:). No clue why. Some win32 API magic.

Same should be true for starting multiple windows by script. Initialize the script, then before any window pops up (asap!) click something else :S

Bug fixed (Or rather, the win32 behaviour worked around)

Advice for Leavu3 and Helios users:

When trying to use both Leavu3 and CPT Z's F15 Helios profile, I found that the displays were to small to read the numbers and words (even when making the text larger). So my solution was to start the 3 displays with boarders and generally fit them in the display boxes in the Helios profile. Once I am in the air, I can make them much larger and more readable even though they cover up some dials.

Also in the config file for Leavu3, you can delete the display modes that you do not want so when the 3 displays pop up, you are in the right display mode (FCR, RWR and HSD/SMS/Info pages.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

It works great now! Will you someday work on a possibility to punch in some coordinates an show them as a kind of markpoint on the HSD? Ingame nav points are not editable after start I think but a point on the HSD and a bearing / range would be a extreme improvement for the (mod plane) ground pounder

It works great now! Will you someday work on a possibility to punch in some coordinates an show them as a kind of markpoint on the HSD? Ingame nav points are not editable after start I think but a point on the HSD and a bearing / range would be a extreme improvement for the (mod plane) ground pounder

A simple version of that is already in. Just click anywhere on the HSD :)

Ah! that's the jarjar location?! ;)

Useful - but for the work with a jtac (even human) some kind of coordinate input would be really awesome

Kind of - JarJar is your own default data link callsign. You should really change that... Edit your static-data.json in your dcs remote folder.

More detailed markpoint guis will have to wait until we implement LotAtc<->Leavu3 integration :). Im already talking to the guy and we're going to do a planning session some time next week.

Kind of - JarJar is your own default data link callsign. You should really change that... Edit your static-data.json in your dcs remote folder.

More detailed markpoint guis will have to wait until we implement LotAtc<->Leavu3 integration :). Im already talking to the guy and we're going to do a planning session some time next week.

That is excellent! Thanks!

Been playing around with this. Thank you for your work

What do these do?

"rwrSeparateSrTr"

"use3dBscope"

"hsd-hsi"

"hsd-modes"

"hsd-heading"

"osbs

"dclt"

The 5 at the bottom are just default settings for the pages.

The first 2 are experiment development stuff. use3dBscope is deprecated and should be removed (leave it at true!). The default leavu behaviour for rwrSeparateSrTr (=false) means that for example Sa10 search and track radars just show up as 10s. If you instead set rwrSeparateSrTr to true it will behave like in the game where you have several different types of threats. But personally I have very bad memory of what is what so I prefer just having them clumped up into one type.

Advice for Leavu3 and Helios users:

When trying to use both Leavu3 and CPT Z's F15 Helios profile, I found that the displays were to small to read the numbers and words (even when making the text larger). So my solution was to start the 3 displays with boarders and generally fit them in the display boxes in the Helios profile. Once I am in the air, I can make them much larger and more readable even though they cover up some dials.

Also in the config file for Leavu3, you can delete the display modes that you do not want so when the 3 displays pop up, you are in the right display mode (FCR, RWR and HSD/SMS/Info pages.

How did you merge the 2 export files from Leavu3 and Capz;s Helios export?

feel free to send me your export, i'd love to get these 2 programs playing nice together.

TY

I had some time to rework my F15 simpit setup using the LEAVU3 and Helios

25769199733_6417faca34_o.jpg

As for merging the Export just add this line at the end of Capt_Zeen's Export file (make sure you move the LEAVU3 script files to the script folder

dofile(require('lfs').writedir()..'Scripts/dcs_remote.lua')

As for merging the Export just add this line at the end of Capt_Zeen's Export file (make sure you move the LEAVU3 script files to the script folder

THANK YOU - THANK YOU - will try this tonight!!

i3dman

Do what Overdhill said. You can change the text size, but I found that I had to enlarge the displays to really read them even with text set to 2.00 in the 3 config files.

i3dman

Do what Overdhill said. You can change the text size, but I found that I had to enlarge the displays to really read them even with text set to 2.00 in the 3 config files.

I am running a different resolution and not using Capt_Zeen's profile. I have the font set to 1.75 and it is readable for the most part. It has to sit inside the MFD's for me

Nice one