Campaign for Gazelle

YoYo

• 1 month later...

I must be stupid or something OR there is something wrong with the Mission Objectives for Operation Dixmude > Mission 2 : Night burglary.

Amongst other things, the Mission Objectives state:

4) Go to the camp, destroy AA defenses and eventual armored.

5) Seek and destroy the artillery.

As far as I could tell, there are 2 AA's and 2 armored vehicles at the objective.

Then there are 4 Artillery units.

Considering the Gazelle can only carry 4 missiles .... how are we supposed to complete this mission in 1 flight ?

OR What am I missing ?

I have flown it 3 times. I didn't read the instructions prior to the first attempt. But twice before trying the 2nd and 3rd times. I just don't get it.

SnowTiger:joystick:

SORRY ... Never Mind !

As mentioned .. I Must Be stupid !

I don't know why it either never happened before OR I just missed it ... but I never saw the F10 Options added to Comms in my previous flights.

So there is NOTHING wrong with Mis 2 of the Campaign.

It was ME !!

Okay, I hate to admit it, but now I'm having issues with Mission 3 "An opponent hides another"

After returning to the original Farp (London) to reload, there is an enemy breakout (which I believe is scripted and NOT a failure of objective) during which I am instructed to head for Farp Paris. The only problem is, I have NO Idea where Farp Paris is.

Furthermore, the Comms Menu indicates 3 Farp Paris' (I'm guessing there are 3 sets of landing pads at the location) but none of them reply and neither the Mission PDF nor F10 Map indicates where Farp Paris is located.

The instructions (radio) indicate to Not Fly over water... so I don't. But I do follow the coast North to Ochamchira where the battle seems to recommence.

But I am having problems determining exactly what I'm supposed to do at this point OR to figure out WHERE I should be.

Can anyone offer me some insight to this (and maybe other) mission(s) ?

PS> If it's more suitable please do contact me via PM. Unless it's okay to divulge tips in this thread ?!

OMG I can't get anywhere near Farp Paris w/o getting smoked.

I am staying to the East of Ochamchira and away from the Mountains but I keep getting shot down.

I am paying attention to my Radar and avoiding Sams/AAA etc by moving fast, low and around them as much as possible, but I cannot seem to dodge them to get anywhere near the objective Farp.

Should I be trying to kill these Anti Air (with the limited missiles I have because the Ground Crew doesn't seem to get finished reloading when I'm told to lift off immediately ... and barely getting away) OR continue to try to evade them ?

I can't go any faster or lower but I have no idea where I'm getting shot down from (I got killed 3 times NE or N of Ochamchira). I'm even cheating by flying thru the trees !!

I wish there was a Walkthrough and/or a Video for Each of the Missions that will show at least 1 method of winning missions. If I keep going the way I'm going my Mission Success Average is going to be a Negative Number by the time I get half way through this bitchin' campaign, never mind if I actually ever complete it !!

Somebody ... Please HELP !!! lol

This Mission give me really Headache when i flying myself this Campaign, after 7 or 8 Attempt I managed it.

The RWR give me nightmares when ever Shilka was popping on the Screen.

Was flying around the big City at the Coastline (forget the Name) and sneak around the small Towns downwards the Cost so low I can easily pick up Flowers at the Flight.

You have to fly really really low, and try to evade the AAA Thread they still lock you but they have hard time to shoot you when you provide max Distance on the RWR.

On the Forest side you can not survive there are plenty of AAA threads, where the surface is pretty uneven and no cover (AI detected you everywhere :)

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

I must be stupid or something OR there is something wrong with the Mission Objectives for Operation Dixmude > Mission 2 : Night burglary.

Amongst other things, the Mission Objectives state:

4) Go to the camp, destroy AA defenses and eventual armored.

5) Seek and destroy the artillery.

As far as I could tell, there are 2 AA's and 2 armored vehicles at the objective.

Then there are 4 Artillery units.

Considering the Gazelle can only carry 4 missiles .... how are we supposed to complete this mission in 1 flight ?

OR What am I missing ?

I have flown it 3 times. I didn't read the instructions prior to the first attempt. But twice before trying the 2nd and 3rd times. I just don't get it.

I am running into the same issue. Meatboy attack and the call for artillery seem to do nothing. Am I missing something?

One thing is for sure, you must really take the time to read and re-read the Campaign Notes (PDF). In there are some clues (could stand to have a few more for people like me !!).

But take a look at Mad-MM's post (up a few posts - 2nd post on THIS page).

I followed his idea of following the coast to get past Ochamchira or whatever that city is called.

Believe me when I tell you, things only get more difficult from here !!

• Like 1

Finally figured it out!

One thing is for sure, you must really take the time to read and re-read the Campaign Notes (PDF). In there are some clues (could stand to have a few more for people like me !!).

But take a look at Mad-MM's post (up a few posts - 2nd post on THIS page).

I followed his idea of following the coast to get past Ochamchira or whatever that city is called.

Believe me when I tell you, things only get more difficult from here !!

Thanks for the reply. Reading the PDF definitely helps (Mods\aircraft\SA342\Doc\OPERATION DIXMUDE_en.pdf). I was not landing at WP2, which wasn't triggering the assault. I was all alone! No wonder I wasn't able to make it out alive. Landed at WP2, triggered the assault, and all went well. I decided to RTB via WP5 and then up to WP8 and 9.

Where are the waypoint coordinates?

So Mission 5 has 25 waypoints. NADIR can only carry 9 at a time, so I'm assuming that I will be entering waypoints mid-flight. I'm not having any issues with entering waypoints, but where do you find the coordinates for the waypoints? There's no kneeboard page with the waypoint coordinates. Is my only option to write these down from the mission planner? That would be horrible, since I'm using VR and pointing with my face while simultaneously trying to read the coordinates from the bottom of the screen. Is there a better way to get the waypoint coordinates?

Hi bakerzdozen13

In order to not give any more details away in this Thread, I have sent you a PM with some more tips to finish this mission.

I hope you don't mind me PM'ing you, but I think you will find my info very helpful.

Feel free to flick that answer to me too please SnowTiger, I was just about to ask the same thing!

:helpsmilie:

Hi, miz 1 is fixed, will be provided on next DCS update. Sorry for the inconvenience, had to be far from my computer for a long time.

For Miz-3 : hard yes, but perfectly possible to do, there won't be any gameplay changes, if you want an easy campaign, don't ask me ^^

For Miz-5 : Use your kneeboard, you don't have either the time or the autonomy to stop and enter coordinates, IRL Gazelle pilots don't necessarily fly using Nadir for each WP and sometimes even don't use it at all ;)

Have a nice Saint Valentin ;)

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding (the hard way) that it pays A) to Read the PDF for each mission .. carefully, B) sometimes you have to use your head or imagination C) WP's don't always have to be followed to a T but are rather there to get you in the right area D) Listen Carefully to ALL Radio Chatter. Sometimes there are Hints ... EG: Mis 8 .. just because there are WP's beyond what ultimately becomes the objective, doesn't mean you have to follow ALL of them. If there are WP's beyond a point where the Radio says RTB, then turn around and retrace your steps ... no need to follow the entire course.

The latter was a hard one for me to figure out ... but it made the difference between success and failure.

Have fun everyone.

Polychop ... sorry for my griping.

I know one thing is for sure ... Mission 10 BLOWS.

I have gotten to the Objective 5 times ... blown engine all but one time (got shot down once).

Then between Frame Rate Drop and Mixed Messages, I lost my prop on 8th attempt (after leaving Objective).

It's a real Pain.

IF anyone has gotten through this and had any tips, I'm all ears/eyes !!

I finally figured it out but it wasn't with much help from the Command Center or Meatboy. One has to almost Interpret what the goals are considering they often change on the fly.

Just a WEE Bit more information and less radio chatter flak might help for those like me that are easily distracted by "fluff" !!

Any word on when we can muticrew this mission?

I am really enjoying the campaign. A left seat WPO would be a hoot!

AFAIK the mission triggers will work if whoever is the pilot, hosts and the WPO joins as a remote client.

Note: When rearming/refuelling, the loadout/fuel state would desync but it was reported as fixable if the WPO switched to a spectator slot and back. YMMV.

I've flown mission 1 as a multi-crew mission in DCS 1.5.4. (Sept 2016) with myself as host/pilot and host/WPO a week later. We had a fuel state desync when we refuelled but completed the missions successfully.

When we came to mission 2, the mission triggers/radio calls worked when I was host/pilot but NOT when I was host/WPO a week later (if I exited the WPO player slot - the triggers for the radio calls/events would fire for the remote pilot and I could then rejoin as the WPO until the next event trigger failed to work).

I suspect there was an intermediate DCS patch that broke the triggers for a remote pilot if the host/WPO was on board but can't be sure as we didn't roll back to a previous build.

I haven't flown a multi-crew mission in 1.5.6, so don't know how well the campaign triggers are working for multi-crew in the current build.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hi, all missions will work fine in multicrew if and only if the main player is the host (main player is the pilot). I cannot guarantee if the host is copilot. One day, (probably when everyone will have finished the campaign aha), I will take the time to make walk-through videos. But I simply cannot spend time on it currently so it's up to players ;)

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

Overall I have to say this was a well planned (and scripted) Campaign.

I was frustrated several times, not knowing what to do or where to go etc (because things happen "on the fly" during ANY mission) but I managed to figure it out ultimately.

The ONLY thing(s) I'd like to see different with regards to a Gazelle Campaign would be to have a few more Daytime Missions and more importantly, the Option OR Necessity to Select a Specific Model of Gazelle (i.e. the ability to fly all 3 available Gazelle mods or loadouts in a single campaign eg: Hot3's, Guns & Rockets, Air-to-Air).

Maybe we'll see that in a future campaign !! ??

One can only hope.

Thanks PolyChop for the great aircraft/mod and for this Campaign.

Overall I have to say this was a well planned (and scripted) Campaign.

I was frustrated several times, not knowing what to do or where to go etc (because things happen "on the fly" during ANY mission) but I managed to figure it out ultimately.

The ONLY thing(s) I'd like to see different with regards to a Gazelle Campaign would be to have a few more Daytime Missions and more importantly, the Option OR Necessity to Select a Specific Model of Gazelle (i.e. the ability to fly all 3 available Gazelle mods or loadouts in a single campaign eg: Hot3's, Guns & Rockets, Air-to-Air).

Maybe we'll see that in a future campaign !! ??

One can only hope.

Thanks PolyChop for the great aircraft/mod and for this Campaign.

It's most nightime because it's the way the Viviane is used IRL, we don't deploy Vivianes on a real conflict during daytime, it's far too much vulnerable nowadays.

For the versions, the Campaign was made long before the they were released ;)

Nicolas