DCS World environmental shaders mod

Hello Mustang,

Still me with my eternal questions, if it's possible can you tell me the thickness of your maximum clouds altitude ?

No problem :) i believe i used max thickness in some of those screenshots, although i'm not entirely sure if it makes a difference.

BTW i have uploaded a new version (again!) i have had to reduce the horizon brightness by a fraction, it looked lovely but during the sunniest times of the day the brightness was just a little too much.

Edited by Mustang

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem smile.gif i believe i used max thickness in some of those screenshots, although i'm not entirely sure if it makes a difference.

BTW i have uploaded a new version (again!) i have had to reduce the horizon brightness by a fraction, it looked lovely but during the sunniest times of the day the brightness was just a little too much.

Hello Mustang,

I first I would like to thank you for your help concning the clouds altitude...

In second; WOW super I go tested your newMod version, bye.

Skull.

I am looking for any advice. I have PeterP's SweetFx and Mustang's Shaders Mod installed. With a high sun, especially around noon, the upper surfaces of aircraft are really washed out. Any advice on how to reduce the glare from the sun. I have HDR off. First image shows the washed out effect. Second image is same time of day but the aircraft at 90 degrees AOB.

Screen_140517_184326.thumb.jpg.3a94ae0d2f1e1bcedbcd87932794d9d3.jpg

Screen_140517_184341.thumb.jpg.8a3fa6ccb8f952c5c4d6438d102c3670.jpg

I am looking for any advice. I have PeterP's SweetFx and Mustang's Shaders Mod installed. With a high sun, especially around noon, the upper surfaces of aircraft are really washed out. Any advice on how to reduce the glare from the sun. I have HDR off. First image shows the washed out effect. Second image is same time of day but the aircraft at 90 degrees AOB.

The glare of objects is nothing to do with my modifications, even with stock DCS shaders all objects seem to have a strong light bloom with full sunshine - i will see if this can be altered.

Also check the latest 5.16 version i uploaded this evening, this has even more alterations to sky luminance.

The glare of objects is nothing to do with my modifications, even with stock DCS shaders all objects seem to have a strong light bloom with full sunshine - i will see if this can be altered.

Also check the latest 5.16 version i uploaded this evening, this has even more alterations to sky luminance.

Mustang thanks for the reply. Appreciate the work you have put into the shader mod.

Hello Mustang,

Why this old version 5.12 ?

This old version is better than your 5.16 ?

I use the V5.16 and I really love it, do you can explain why you publish this old version ?

One bug with the V5.16 ?

Thanks again, Skull.

Hello Mustang,

Why this old version 5.12 ?

This old version is better than your 5.16 ?

I use the V5.16 and I really love it, do you can explain why you publish this old version ?

One bug with the V5.16 ?

Thanks again, Skull.

This was requested via PM so i just uploaded it here, someone had a preference for this version, that's all :)

This was requested via PM so i just uploaded it here, someone had a preference for this version, that's all

Hello Mustang,

Thanks for your quick answer and I think like Polaris1, your Mod is awesome...

Bye, Skull.

Done.

Ditto.

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Updated first post with version 'Clouds & Sky complete v5.16 simplified clouds' as an optional version to try out, i've reduced the particle counts of the clouds (result more simple looking clouds with less FPS hit, and in some cases more realistic looking)

Hello folks ;)

Updated first post with version 'Clouds & Sky complete v5.16 simplified clouds' as an optional version to try out, i've reduced the particle counts of the clouds (result more simple looking clouds with less FPS hit, and in some cases more realistic looking)
Thanks for this new upgrade, Mustang please can you tell me if with this new "v5.16" the graphic quality is the same than your first "v5.16" ?

Mustang, did you post your weather settings to get those impressive fog pictures?
Hijack, I don't know if I can help you but I give you my settings concerning the fog and clouds:

HDR: Normal

Summer / 2 Jully / 10h00

FOG:

Visibility: 1530

Thickness: 510

CLOUDS:

Base: 5000

Thickness: 2000

Density: 8 / 10

And I join you few screenshots that I've made tonight with the settings that I give you in this post.

For information I use the first V5.16 of Mustang:

14258683381_3f8c89f69a_o.jpg

14075433788_8e5d57e94a_o.jpg

14259922322_ba0259cb1b_o.jpg

14238925286_094a54969a_o.jpg

14261617254_00cbb312fe_o.jpg

14282198803_d3902ceb45_o.jpg

14261606914_417cb9c802_o.jpg

Once again a great thanks to Mustang for your awesome Mod, bye Skull :thumbup:

Thanks for this new upgrade, Mustang please can you tell me if with this new "v5.16" the graphic quality is the same than your first "v5.16" ?

Try it and see, i think you might be pleasantly surprised by the adjusted clouds ;)

lTYX2Iy.jpg

6C43l0L.jpg

gpi6dEC.jpg

jTHb8Vn.jpg

2H6x5jh.jpg

some with dynamic weather

eUEuBgH.jpg

GttbS8M.jpg

v9TzMEs.jpg

Edited by Mustang
  • Like 1

Odd question but is there any way to adjust the ocean waves to simulate blasts of wind across the surface?

It seems like now the wave height/length settings for all water is uniform for all missions when realistically it should be different for strong winds/rough seas and no wind/calm seas...

P.S. Willing to purchase additional 3-4 computers to have the CPU power to do this...

Thank you for the settings Skulleader, and some great images there
I hope that I've could help you...

Try it and see, i think you might be pleasantly surprised by the adjusted clouds
Hello Mustang,

There's few minutes I've tested your "Clouds & Sky complete v5.16 simplified clouds" but with the same settings I found that the quantity of clouds is not the same.

With your "Normal v5.16" I think that we have many clouds, but with the "Simplified 5.16" the quantity of clouds is more low, is it the function of this new Mod version ?

Please can you explain to me if this new version simplified you have changed the number or quantity clouds ?

EDIT: :music_whistling:

This morning I've flying with my Huey, Mi-8 and A-10C and for me I prefer the "Normal v5.16", the density of the clouds is very better :thumbup:

Thanks again, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

I hope that I've could help you...

Hello Mustang,

There's few minutes I've tested your "Clouds & Sky complete v5.16 simplified clouds" but with the same settings I found that the quantity of clouds is not the same.

With your "Normal v5.16" I think that we have many clouds, but with the "Simplified 5.16" the quantity of clouds is more low, is it the function of this new Mod version ?

Please can you explain to me if this new version simplified you have changed the number or quantity clouds ?

EDIT: :music_whistling:

This morning I've flying with my Huey, Mi-8 and A-10C and for me I prefer the "Normal v5.16", the density of the clouds is very better :thumbup:

Thanks again, Skull.

The other version should not have reduced numbers of clouds, all i have done is reduce the amounts of particles each cloud has resulting in a less dense model - i actually prefer this version personally and it gives users more choices, i'm glad you're enjoying the main version too :)

Hello dear Mustang ;)

The other version should not have reduced numbers of clouds
So if I want the same numbers of clouds than your main version 5.16 I must change the value in the mission editor ?

By exemple with the screenshots that I've published the density is 8/10, with your new version 5.16 I must change this value for 9/10 for the same result than 8/10 ?

all i have done is reduce the amounts of particles each cloud has resulting in a less dense model
Is it possible to have one low amount of particles but in visual to have more clouds ?

In fact the thing who disturb me is the low number of clouds with you new version because, now with you new Mod 5.16 the density 8/10 is not the same than 8/10 of your first version 5.16.

i actually prefer this version personally and it gives users more choices

Please do you explain to me why you prefer this new version ?

Is it one question of FPS ?

I've tested this new Mods but it's not easy to see the difference (just the number of clouds)...

For finish, if I well understand this new version is just for have more FPS ?

In the future do you think that your Mod will be like the first 5.16 or the new 5.16 ?

Thanks again and I hope with a lot of impatient your news...

Best regards, Skull :thumbup:

Skull, I will try to help:

1. Mustang tries to make the sky look natural.

2. Clouds, in the DCS sky, can look more natural if you add to each one more paint (particles).

3. But...when you add more paint to each cloud your FPS goes down (more paint=more data=more difficult for the computer and for the software).

4. Mustang thinks that he might have added too much paint to the clouds which made them too heavy for the computer.

5. Mustang made another 5.16 version for us to test and see which one we prefer, either visually or FPS wise.

6. The way that Mustang is going is slowly slowly changing parameter by parameter to see action and effect until he makes us a beautiful scenery as close to true life as possible with the current engine.

So...download it, try it, see if you prefer it or not...write down your impressions and wait, like me, for the next update.

jgVplRQ.png

Hey Skull, here are some comparison screenshots for you and others. First is original, second is simplified version. Mustang thanks for your work man! You're my DCS Guru.

y7Rpck4.jpg

WBDf6Nc.jpg

zsLB1nI.jpg

HL0334M.jpg

vmK3trH.jpg

BbppAmV.jpg

4DWpaum.jpg

PRjNSsi.jpg

More here!

I personally prefer the original version as it looks more realistic to me.

• Like 1