[REPORTED] Hornet only fires one sidewinder if fired from LAU-127

PheralCat

Hello, just wanted to report a potential bug.

With an air start F/A-18C hornet loaded with 4 AIM-9X, the following occurred:

You could fire one AIM-9X, but you could NOT fire any more after that.

Also, the AIM-9X left the rail, and a new Sidewinder appeared on the empty rail. The missile did eventually hit and kill the target, but that was never the issue.

The AIM-9X missiles were loaded on pylons 1, 2, 8 and 9.

Basically the problem is when you launch any type of Sidewinder (we tried them all...L,M and X) from pylons 2 or 8 using the LAU-115C/LAU-127. To reiterate, when you fire a sidewinder from LAU-127 on either pylon 2 or 8, you will see the bug I am reporting.

SUCCESSFUL TEST

What DOES work fine on the Hornet is if you replace the LAU-127 with a LAU-115 with 2 AIM-9X each loaded onto pylons 2 and 8.

We also tried this with the following aircraft which worked properly and did not display the bugged conditions (Missiles did not reappear magically, and COULD fire missiles after firing the first missile.)…

F-14B (using four AIM-9M)

F-15C (using four AIM-9M)

F-16C (using four AIM-9X)

ADDITIONAL TESTING

This occurred in single player, and also online multi-player (me hosting) with two, and three players testing each the above aircraft with same results.

Appreciation to Quid, Harleynic and BlkG for additional testing to replicate the potential bug. Thanks to BlkG for creating a .trk on the fly while I type this up.

Hope this helps someone down the line.

Thanks!

Pheralcat

Edited for typos.

F18C_AIM9_Bug.trk

Edited by PheralCat

• 2 weeks later...

[MISSING TRACK] AIM-9 missile present after you fire the missile on external view

Straight to the point. If you loaded a single rack AIM-9 on stations 2 and 8, the missiles will still be attached to the aircraft in the external view after you fired the missile.

Also a related bug, If the first single rack AIM-9 missile that is fired is from either station 2 or 8, you have to press the AIM-9 weapon switch selector again to fire the next AIM-9

I'm using DCS openbeta version 2.5.5.39384

cheers

that's the video showing that the missile is still attached

this is what happens afterward. as you can see i keep pressing the trigger but the missile won't launch. I had to press weapon selector to AIM-9 again to be able to fire.

it should be pretty easy to recreate. just load a single rack AIM-9 on station 2 and 8 and see the result

Here are two short track files.

Beta 2.5.5.39384

Issue occurs in Single and Multiplayer

Even loading wingtip 9X's and two single pylon 9X's - step from station 2 to station 8 doesn't work. So the issue seems to be when the system automatically steps to the next pylon missile after firing. That and the fact that the 9X's stay on the pylons after firing them.

f-18-bug-sgl-aim-9x-rail-4.trk

f-18-bug-sgl-aim-9x-rail-2.trk