Warthog Throttle IDLE/OFF

These 2 commands are so basic I cannot see how they could go wrong unless something is corrupted in your system. I would take following steps:

1. run a repair. If that doesn't help,

2. delete all "...diff.lua" files under "C:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet\joystick" and re-create bindings from scratch. If that doesn't help,

3. contact support

1 - I have done! It did not resolve.

2 - I will try. Then I put the result here. (I would wait for the next update to see if it would work. I didn't want to set it all up again).

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

1 - I have done! It did not resolve.

2 - I will try. Then I put the result here. (I would wait for the next update to see if it would work. I didn't want to set it all up again).

Very very strange. Binds also appear to be good, just as I have them. I am completely baffled as to why it is having an issue for you sir - and that is a bummer. Big time.

No chance that there is a double bind somehow within the F18 game category, or that game mode is checked within options - correct? Those last two are just kind of last ditch efforts on my side to try and assist in resolving - as that is where I am at...

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Very very strange. Binds also appear to be good, just as I have them. I am completely baffled as to why it is having an issue for you sir - and that is a bummer. Big time.

No chance that there is a double bind somehow within the F18 game category, or that game mode is checked within options - correct? Those last two are just kind of last ditch efforts on my side to try and assist in resolving - as that is where I am at...

Cheers,

Don

I had to delete the F-18 folder inside Input(X:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input). Just as soon as it came back to work !. Thank you for your help! :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

I had to delete the F-18 folder inside Input(X:\Users\...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input). Just as soon as it came back to work !. Thank you for your help! :thumbup:

Excellent news, glad you got it sorted.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 3 months later...

Had a lengthy break from DCS but was still struggling with this in 2.5.6. Was determinted to fix it without resotring to trashing all my bindings, and won.

In a cold and dark jet. the default keyboard bindings would move both levers between OFF and IDLE with no issues. The warthog throttle would move them from OFF to IDLE, but it was impossible to go back to OFF again, even using the keyboard.

Seems to have been a simple case of the axis input not being zero when they're all the way back, and that prevents them going to OFF. I changed the X saturation for easch axis to 90%, and everything is good again.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

• 2 months later...
Works fine with my TM Warthog throttle.

I have bound...

"Throttle (Left) - OFF/IDLE" to JOY_BTN30

"Throttle (Right) - OFF/IDLE" to JOY_BTN29

Do you have the same bindings?

Just got my Warthog a week ago and have been wracking my brain about this one! Just saw this thread and THANK YOU! I only wish some of the other switches were on/off style binds.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Just got my Warthog a week ago and have been wracking my brain about this one! Just saw this thread and THANK YOU! I only wish some of the other switches were on/off style binds.

Myself and others have created a lot of control bindings for 2-position switches. You have to be willing to edit the "default.lua" file to add them.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Myself and others have created a lot of control bindings for 2-position switches. You have to be willing to edit the "default.lua" file to add them.

Absolutely, I am. What software is used to edit the file, and where can I locate these bindings? You've got me pretty stoked now :thumbup:

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Had a lengthy break from DCS but was still struggling with this in 2.5.6. Was determinted to fix it without resotring to trashing all my bindings, and won.

In a cold and dark jet. the default keyboard bindings would move both levers between OFF and IDLE with no issues. The warthog throttle would move them from OFF to IDLE, but it was impossible to go back to OFF again, even using the keyboard.

Seems to have been a simple case of the axis input not being zero when they're all the way back, and that prevents them going to OFF. I changed the X saturation for easch axis to 90%, and everything is good again.

Brun,

assign OFF/IDLE to both of your throttles (rigth is JOY_BT29, left is JOY_BTN30 on mine). When you go into startup, before you switch anything, move your throttles up, past the idle detent once, then lift and pull them back to OFF. Probably you are pressing "FLY" button with your throttle already in OFF position already, but DCS doesn't know it. With this movement you first let DCS know: this button is alive, take this command. Then if you pulled back to OFF and start up, it should work, and shutdown should too. At least for me it does.

Sorry and disregard if you already tried this.

Absolutely, I am. What software is used to edit the file, and where can I locate these bindings? You've got me pretty stoked now :thumbup:

You use the free Notepad++. Read the tutorial posted here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2862001&postcount=214 before you start editing!

The "default.lua" file for the F/A-18 for example is located under "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\joystick" (for switches on game controllers) and "...\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Input\FA-18C\keyboard" for the keyboard.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

LeCuvier, where can I find the bindings to add to the script?

LeCuvier, where can I find the bindings to add to the script?

You mean bindings created by other players? They are all over the forum, there is no central repository unfortunately. Here are mine:

{down = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, up = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, value_down =  1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Master Arm Switch 2-Pos ARM/SAFE'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Master Arm Panel')}},
{down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_EXTERIOR_LIGTHS, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_EXTERIOR_LIGTHS,    cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_down =  1.0, value_up = 0.0,    name = _('Exterior Lights 2-Pos ONOFF'), category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{down = iCommandPlaneGearUp, up = iCommandPlaneGearDown, name = _('Landing Gear Control Handle 2-Pos UP/DOWN'),    category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{down = gear_commands.HookHandle, up = gear_commands.HookHandle, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Arresting Hook Handle 2-Pos UP/DOWN'), category = {_('Right Vertical Panel')}},
{down = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, up = HUD_commands.HUD_AltitudeSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.HUD,    value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('Altitude Switch 2-Pos BARO/RADAR'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('HUD Control Panel')}},
{down = cpt_commands.CanopySwitchClose, up = cpt_commands.CanopySwitchOpen, cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_MECHANICS, value_down =  -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Canopy Control Switch 2-Pos OPEN/CLOSE'), category = {_('Right Wall'), _('Systems')}},
{down = oxygen_commands.OBOGS_ControlSw, up = oxygen_commands.OBOGS_ControlSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.OXYGEN_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0,    value_up = 0.0,    name = _('OBOGS Control Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Console')}},
{down = cptlights_commands.HookBypass, up = cptlights_commands.HookBypass,    cockpit_device_id = devices.CPT_LIGTHS,    value_down =  -1.0,    value_up = 1.0,    name = _('Hook Bypass 2-Pos Switch FIELD/CARRIER'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{down = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw, up = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down =  -1.0, value_up = 1.0,    name = _('Launch Bar Control 2-Pos Switch RETRACT/EXTEND'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{down = extlights_commands.LdgTaxi,    up = extlights_commands.LdgTaxi, cockpit_device_id = devices.EXT_LIGHTS, value_down =  1.0,    value_up =  0.0, name = _('LDG/TAXI LIGHT Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Vertical Panel')}},
{down = ctrl_commands.WingFoldPull, pressed  = ctrl_commands.WingFoldSelect, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_pressed = -1.0, name = _('Wing Fold Control PULL-FOLD'), category = {_('Right Vertical Panel')}},
{down = ctrl_commands.WingFoldSelect, up  = ctrl_commands.WingFoldPull, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Wing Fold Control SPREAD-STOW'), category = {_('Right Vertical Panel')}},
{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, up = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch ON'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},
{down = fuel_commands.DumpSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FUEL_INTERFACE, value_down =  -1.0, name = _('Fuel Dump Switch OFF'), category = {_('Left Console'), _('Fuel Control Panel')}},

{down = 3256, up = 3256, cockpit_device_id = 0,    value_down =  -1.0,    value_up =  0.0, name = _('Flashlight 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('View Cockpit'), _('Right Console')}},
{down = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard,    up = iCommandPlaneShowKneeboard, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0,    name = _('Kneeboard 2-Pos SHOW/HIDE'), category = _('Kneeboard')},

{down=gear_commands.EmergParkHandleSelectPark, up=gear_commands.EmergParkHandleOnOff,cockpit_device_id=devices.GEAR_INTERFACE,value_down=1.0,value_up=-1.0,name=_('Emergency/Parking Brake Handle - CCW+Pull'),category=_('[13] Front Left - Vertical Panel')},
{down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Speed Brake Switch 2-Pos EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},

LeCuvier