FOV zoom out

kramfiftysix

Please help guys, I'm pulling my hair out !!!!

When I jump into the mig-15bis the FOV is perfect, then I click fly and the FOV zooms out.

I've read at least 15 posts on how to change and/or rectify the FOV without any success :(

Could anyone offer a simple explanation of how to stop this ?

There is currently no way to remove this effect. Hopefully DCS 2.0 will get rid of that.

You can always cancel the zoom out by pressing the / or * key on the number pad.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can always cancel the zoom out by pressing the / or * key on the number pad.

Or assign zoom to TrackIR Z axis, If You have TIR of course.

This initial FoV thingy is funny, I've noticed some folks prefer zoomed-in view (me included) and the other prefer zoomed out one. Both parties hope DCS2 will "fix" it and stick to their preferred option :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 3 weeks later...
Please help guys, I'm pulling my hair out !!!!

When I jump into the mig-15bis the FOV is perfect, then I click fly and the FOV zooms out.

I've read at least 15 posts on how to change and/or rectify the FOV without any success :(

Could anyone offer a simple explanation of how to stop this ?

Quit pulling your hair out or look like the guy in my avatar or the way he and I look these days!

Simple is relative...

In DCS \ Options \ Special \ Mig-15, I unchecked the "Auto Lean To Aim" checkbox. I turned it off. I can reposition my head manually using my CH Fighterstick's HAT button to any position within the viewing range' limits. I can lock the view in a saved location by creating a custom snap view, and I do. I can zoom in, zoom out, return to the zoom center position and also return to the NumPad #5 center position. Nobody showed me how, I just experimented over time.

See my response, my Message #11 :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2374210#post2374210

See my Message #4 of my thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2359014#post2359014

For me, on final, landing to the runway, looking out over the Mig-15's nose, using any view, is a pain-in-the-other name for donkey! But I can do it.

I love all the DCS aircraft I have purchased, it just keeps getting better and better!

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]