Engine overheating possible?

The Blake

In the mig-15 engine description it says, "Short-term engine overspeeding and overheating is possible with aggressive throttle control". Has anyone figured the specifics on how to make this happen? Cant get any overheating with the f-86 either and it says the same thing.

In the mig-15 engine description it says, "Short-term engine overspeeding and overheating is possible with aggressive throttle control". Has anyone figured the specifics on how to make this happen? Cant get any overheating with the f-86 either and it says the same thing.

When you move your throttle all the way up rapidly you will hear that sound coming from the back of the plane and I think its something you are about ;)

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

When you move your throttle all the way up rapidly you will hear that sound coming from the back of the plane and I think its something you are about ;)

That's a compresser stall not overheating. Do not think overheating and hotstarts as such are implemented yet.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

Is it possible to trigger compressor stall inflight ?

Right now it´s only possible for me to trigger it on the ground.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.