Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Couple of questions regarding future.

When the A-4 gets released (and the F-14 with the Forrestal Carrier). Will the Forrestal be added to the game and maybe have some A-4s parked on that?

Also when the Syrian map drops, would you make missions for that too and have the maps rotate?

The A-4 for sure. We'll see about the F-14. And if, then only in very limited numbers; 4 at most, and only when the MiG-23 arrives. Otherwise I'd end up having all/most modules and the MiG-21 and the F-5 would perish. Never will I let these two legendary airplanes, especially the MiG-21 suffer.

The F-4 will be added; 4-6 slots most.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The A-4 for sure. We'll see about the F-14. And if, then only in very limited numbers; 4 at most, and only when the MiG-23 arrives. Otherwise I'd end up having all/most modules and the MiG-21 and the F-5 would perish. Never will I let these two legendary airplanes, especially the MiG-21 suffer.

The F-4 will be added; 4-6 slots most.

I wouldn't say F-14, just the carrier that comes with it, since the A-4 was on board that Carrier. F-14 is too advanced and OPd for the Cold War server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I wouldn't say F-14, just the carrier that comes with it, since the A-4 was on board that Carrier. F-14 is too advanced and OPd for the Cold War server.

Wouldn't mind the carrier, I guess. You shall have it in some missions then.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Still problems with ''ground crew'' :)

Until today I could load external tanks and flares, today I cant...

Just figured out what's wrong:

Both the stable and open beta versions are currently on the same updated level. If you join the server through the stable version, you will encounter the load out problem. If you join it using open beta, all good. Seems more like an ED issue to me.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

hm weird, i am currently on open beta and had the issue.

judging from last night's flight: all worked and i could use flares and tank again :thumbup:

about usage of f14 on cold war:

i believe this plane would fit the setting, just as the mig23 would, but it might really be overpowered due to its weapons

maybe limit the weapons ? if it only has sidewinders and sparrows i don't see a problem ...

the main advantage i see is the usage of the f14 in arabic settings on the persian gulf map ... but we'll see when it arrives how it flies and can be used best in MP ;)

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

Hey Alpenwolf, are you planning on adding missions based in the Persian Gulf and Nevada maps?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

hm weird, i am currently on open beta and had the issue.

judging from last night's flight: all worked and i could use flares and tank again

about usage of f14 on cold war:

i believe this plane would fit the setting, just as the mig23 would, but it might really be overpowered due to its weapons

maybe limit the weapons ? if it only has sidewinders and sparrows i don't see a problem ...

the main advantage i see is the usage of the f14 in arabic settings on the persian gulf map ... but we'll see when it arrives how it flies and can be used best in MP ;)

Even sparrows would be a problem, given the radar's look-down/shoot-down capabilities. That's actually the reason why the entire plane would be a problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Even sparrows would be a problem, given the radar's look-down/shoot-down capabilities. That's actually the reason why the entire plane would be a problem.

That is it!

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando o Tapatalk

Just figured out what's wrong:

Both the stable and open beta versions are currently on the same updated level. If you join the server through the stable version, you will encounter the load out problem. If you join it using open beta, all good. Seems more like an ED issue to me.

Up until today the two branches were on seperate patches, so that can't be it.

You guys seriously think the MiG-23 MLA is a threat to F-14A/B? Seriously?

MiG-23 is a very restrictive fighter, that's why IRL a lot of MiG-21 users decide don't acquire the 23, because 23 doesn't represent a big advance against the MiG-21 fighter capability.

A scenario with F-4 vs MiG-23 is far more fair and competitive than a F-14 vs MiG-23.

hm too sad since the plane would fit very well into the gulf setting

and limiting it to guns and sidewinders would make the rio very obsolete ...

hm too sad since the plane would fit very well into the gulf setting

and limiting it to guns and sidewinders would make the rio very obsolete ...

It wouldn't, though. With our current lineup we need to be guided by awacs until we have visual on the target. With the F-14 you can spot these planes at great distances using the radar and plan your attack in a much better way than just flying straight at the bandit.

It wouldn't, though. With our current lineup we need to be guided by awacs until we have visual on the target. With the F-14 you can spot these planes at great distances using the radar and plan your attack in a much better way than just flying straight at the bandit.

+1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hey Alpenwolf, are you planning on adding missions based in the Persian Gulf and Nevada maps?

Unfortunately, no. With the small numbers we have online here in the Caucasus, no doubt the server would simply die if running in the PG or Nevada.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

3 or 4 days ago we even had 37 players! I was surprised actually :huh:

I hate to say, but even if the Hornet's hype is gone (which will take quite long still), the F-14 will nail it even harder :joystick:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Let's not forget the mirage III and mig-23

I dont know the Mirage situation, last time razbam talk about it was a long time ago. Maybe we never see this project come alive.

Also AFIK the F-4 project is postponed. Now is the last in the row. And add the MiG-23 only make sense with F-4 counterpart.

This means the MiG-19 is the only new module for the Cold War server in a near future

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando o Tapatalk

3 or 4 days ago we even had 37 players! I was surprised actually :huh:

i'm not surprised, the server rocks ;)

I hate to say, but even if the Hornet's hype is gone (which will take quite long still), the F-14 will nail it even harder :joystick:

i am afraid this will be very much true .. so maybe if you put it in with limited numbers, just guns and sidewinders, it might populate the server well ...

and i don't think the radar will be the gamechanger ...using a qualified gci helps you "nearly as good as a rio"

hoping for the mig23 there will be "some sort" of "counterpart" available in the near future ...

i'm not surprised, the server rocks ;)

i am afraid this will be very much true .. so maybe if you put it in with limited numbers, just guns and sidewinders, it might populate the server well ...

and i don't think the radar will be the gamechanger ...using a qualified gci helps you "nearly as good as a rio"

hoping for the mig23 there will be "some sort" of "counterpart" available in the near future ...

Can't do that, buddy. The F-14 will stay out. The F-4 and the MiG-23 will be added, but that's something sometime in the far future.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments