Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

Hi Space Cadet,

This is unusual. I have run some more tests on my end and the real-time telemetry was working as expected from a dedicated server. Can you please provide your dcs.log file which is found at %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log

Thanks BuzyBee, I've PM'ed you a link to the DCS Log file and a sample Tacview File.

Let me know if you cant see it.

Also, just making sure you are aware I'm having this issue on the latest dedicated server running 2 separate server incidents.

It works fine on my old dedicated server.

Thanks,

:-)

:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:gun_smilie:

229th Assault Helicopter Battalion - Always Recruiting

If you have a passion for helicopter flight simulation and would like to fly in a friendly and supportive online multiplayer environment, then you’ve just put your skids down safely on the right page…!

DCS Squadron Recruiting Page for the 229th

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=267081

For details see our website at:

http://1stcavdiv.forumotion.net/

I run TacView on my Non-Dedicated Server. That is, one that does not use the WEB GUI, but instead operates from the NEW SERVER option at the foot of the main DCS entry page. I, like many others, have found it impossible to get the new DCS Dedicated Server to operate.

My question is: is it possible to eliminate or reduce the 10 min delay in data download? I suspect, from browsing the Forum, that it isn’t, but it would be helpful to have a definitive answer.

How to use dedicated server(s) with Tacview real-time telemetry

Hi everyone,

DCS World dedicated server can be used with Tacview real-time telemetry, even if you have multiple instances running on the same computer.

First, ensure Tacview has been installed on each server. Copy-paste the contents of

C:\Program Files (x86)\Tacview\DCS\

to

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\YOUR_SERVER_NAME\

for each server.

Or, make sure your server name starts with DCS, for example you could call your server DCS.server1. Then re-run the Tacview installer and Tacview will install itself there. In a future release we will improve this so Tacview will automatically install in the dedicated servers' custom folders.

Secondly, access the

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\YOUR_SERVER_NAME\Config\options.lua 

file for each server and add this under plugins if its not there. ["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0 indicates real-time telemetry.

["plugins"] = {

["Tacview"] = {
		["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
		["tacviewClientTelemetryPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewCompressionLevel"] = 0,
		["tacviewDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
		["tacviewDebugModeEnabled"] = true,
		["tacviewHostTelemetryPassword"] = "",
		[b]["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,[/b]
		["tacviewProfilingPeriod"] = 600,
		["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
		["tacviewRecordClientsSessionsEnabled"] = false,
		["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
		["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
		["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,
	},
},

If you need help just let me know and please attach your dcs.log file for each of your servers.

Is there a difference in zoom level or maximal camera height between the free and standard edition? Or do both versions have the same camera height limitation when looking down at the theatre, and only the advanced version with its strategic view allows for a higher camera view point?

Summer Sale from Jun 25th to Jul 9th: 50% off all Tacview editions!

Our SUMMER SALE 2019 is on now: 50% off Tacview Standard and Advanced from June 25th to July 9th inclusive!

We've seen a lot of fantastic updates in DCS World this year. Don't miss this chance to enhance your experience even further using Tacview's Standard and Advanced tools, such as real-time telemetry and online debriefing.

To upgrade your existing Standard license to Advanced at an equivalent discount, send us an email at support@tacview.net with your current product key and we'll respond as soon as we can.

Happy flying!

1010269327050854400.png

Edited by BuzyBee

I have the free version of tacview and interested to upgrade to the paid version. But first I have a question : Can this standard or advanced version record my MP flight on some servers that do no allow "player export" ? Or it is the same as free version that I should replay the track so the tacview can record it ?

Thanks

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Just downloaded and installed the standard version.

I'm new to this and was looking for a manual on how to use Tacview that I can download or install on a tablet for reading.

Is it only for viewing online?

Sorry for the dumbish question but I need a little reference link.

Thanks for any help.

Hi sc_neo,

You need Tacview Advanced to benefit from the strategic view with the high camera positioning.

(So better pick it up now while it's on sale :smilewink:)

Is there a difference in zoom level or maximal camera height between the free and standard edition? Or do both versions have the same camera height limitation when looking down at the theatre, and only the advanced version with its strategic view allows for a higher camera view point?

Hi plobue,

What aircraft are you flying?

Radar lock information is currently available only with Flaming Cliffs aircraft.

In future updates we will try to add this feature for other aircraft.

I have tacview advanced. I cannot seem to get the dashed target lock lines to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Oceandar,

In all Tacview editions, no recording can be made if the server does not allow player export. So you would still have to replay the track to generate an acmi file.

I have the free version of tacview and interested to upgrade to the paid version. But first I have a question : Can this standard or advanced version record my MP flight on some servers that do no allow "player export" ? Or it is the same as free version that I should replay the track so the tacview can record it ?

Thanks

Hi Catseye,

There is not currently any downloadable manual but here is the FAQ for DCS World:

https://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/

And there are some YouTube videos available from the community such as this one:

I plan on creating a wiki and tutorials later this year.

Just downloaded and installed the standard version.

I'm new to this and was looking for a manual on how to use Tacview that I can download or install on a tablet for reading.

Is it only for viewing online?

Sorry for the dumbish question but I need a little reference link.

Thanks for any help.

Hi Oceandar,

In all Tacview editions, no recording can be made if the server does not allow player export. So you would still have to replay the track to generate an acmi file.

Oh ok. Understood. Thank you for the clarification

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

This would be really appreciated, since a big percentage of pilots are flying non-fc3 aircraft nowdays.

I am really happy with the product but I must say I just bought the software to see radar locks for my F18, mates F14 and SAM's :smilewink:

Radar lock information is currently available only with Flaming Cliffs aircraft.

In future updates we will try to add this feature for other aircraft.

I have a small problem I can't figure out with Tacview.

I can successfully record and view tracks in single player missions but when I host a server (in game, not dedicated) for me and my friend to play I don't see an acmi file generated. The track file is there in the usual place and I tried replaying that to see if that would be recorded but still nothing.

This used to work fine and when my friend connected I'd get a separate acmi generated for him. Now, nothing.

I have uninstalled then reinstalled Tacview 1.7.6. I'm using the free version. DCS is the latest OB.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ehm, i have the advanced version and i can't for the life of me get the arrow keys for controlling display speed and forward/backward seeking + space for pause to work in F8 free camera mode. Those keybindings work in all other camera modes, except for F8. Is this intentional or a bug? Cause i really like the free camera in fullscreen, but its a bit tedious to jump between fullscreen and windowed just to control speed and seek via mouse.

Edited by sc_neo

Hi AtomicP,

In Options => Special => Tacview have you ticked the box "Create one file for each network client"?

This box must remain unticked if you wish to generate an acmi file for yourself as a user of your own server

Let me know if this helps!

I have a small problem I can't figure out with Tacview.

I can successfully record and view tracks in single player missions but when I host a server (in game, not dedicated) for me and my friend to play I don't see an acmi file generated. The track file is there in the usual place and I tried replaying that to see if that would be recorded but still nothing.

This used to work fine and when my friend connected I'd get a separate acmi generated for him. Now, nothing.

I have uninstalled then reinstalled Tacview 1.7.6. I'm using the free version. DCS is the latest OB.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi sc_neo,

Just tested this and it doesn't work for me either ... I am going to look into this further and try to get it fixed in a coming update.

Thanks for letting us know!

Ehm, i have the advanced version and i can't for the life of me get the arrow keys for controlling display speed and forward/backward seeking + space for pause to work in F8 free camera mode. Those keybindings work in all other camera modes, except for F8. Is this intentional or a bug? Cause i really like the free camera in fullscreen, but its a bit tedious to jump between fullscreen and windowed just to control speed and seek via mouse.

That's great news, much appreciated and looking foward to the fix!

BTW, would you consider adding an option to blend-in the bottom navigation bar in full screen mode via a keybinding?

And while i am at it; if we could assign keybindings our selves...for instance, i feel that WASD would be a better area for speed, seek and play/pause control etc.

You can reach way more keys around the WASD area with one hand (left hand) including space for pause, and it's closer to get to the function keys.

So freely bindable keys would be a great benefit in my opinion :)

EDIT: another issue concerning Mapview 1.4.3 for creating VFR textures for Tacview. This is very handy, but it seems to only work with Skyvector at the moment. When i try to create tiles from OpenStreetmap or Openflightmaps it generates 13kb empty pgns. Kinda looks to me something on the hookin/api side of things for the latter two webfronts has changed and Mapview 1.4.3 can't hook in properly anymore. Especially OpenStreemap could be great since this would allow for real, close up high fidelity maps.

Disregard my failure with Openflightmaps, i realized post writing that it has data for Europe only.

Edited by sc_neo

Hi AtomicP,

In Options => Special => Tacview have you ticked the box "Create one file for each network client"?

This box must remain unticked if you wish to generate an acmi file for yourself as a user of your own server

Ah yes I think it is ticked. I'll check it out next time I host (forgot to check tonight).

Thanks!

Hi AtomicP,

That fixed it, thank you!

Hi sc_neo,

In Tacview 1.8.0 Beta 14, the navigation bar (as well as all other windows) are dockable so you can drag it wherever you want, even in full-screen mode, and if you right-click on the title bar you have the option to change the transparency of each window.

I looked into it and it would unfortunately not be feasible to add custom keybindings right now. We'll consider it for Tacview 2.0.

I tried Mapview with OpenStreetMap and it failed for me as well. We will reach out to the developer about this.

In the meantime you could use Thunderforest as a data source. To do so, simply sign up as a Hobby Project developer on Thunderforest's website to obtain an API Key. Then copy-paste this API key into Mapview's ini file.

That's great news, much appreciated and looking foward to the fix!

BTW, would you consider adding an option to blend-in the bottom navigation bar in full screen mode via a keybinding?

And while i am at it; if we could assign keybindings our selves...for instance, i feel that WASD would be a better area for speed, seek and play/pause control etc.

You can reach way more keys around the WASD area with one hand (left hand) including space for pause, and it's closer to get to the function keys.

So freely bindable keys would be a great benefit in my opinion :)

EDIT: another issue concerning Mapview 1.4.3 for creating VFR textures for Tacview. This is very handy, but it seems to only work with Skyvector at the moment. When i try to create tiles from OpenStreetmap or Openflightmaps it generates 13kb empty pgns. Kinda looks to me something on the hookin/api side of things for the latter two webfronts has changed and Mapview 1.4.3 can't hook in properly anymore. Especially OpenStreemap could be great since this would allow for real, close up high fidelity maps.

Disregard my failure with Openflightmaps, i realized post writing that it has data for Europe only.