Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

More than 2k sold? Congrats Deltaalphalima1!

Considering my TMW throttle serial number is 90K+, he has a lot more work to do :)

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

More than 2k sold? Congrats Deltaalphalima1!

The order numbers started at 1000, so 1000 sold which is still quite awesome :thumbup:

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I'm starting to have a problem with mine, my X and Y stops working in mid game and in windows. I have had to shut down, take apart the throttle and check the connections. All is good inside connections are nice and snug and it works again. Now it keeps doing it and I have to rinse and repeat. The second time I had to recalibrate. I may need a new set of wires.

Order # 1243

Have an issue though and have reached out to Damien

Edit: never mind... I know the cable didn’t get caught, but it looks like the screw pressed against it when I was trying to put it back together cause the tiniest of shorts between the Black and Tan wires and fried the controller on the HOTAS. I am upset and only have myself to blame. I took my time laid out my parts and I get I was quite careful, but I can’t deny that I did something here... *sigh*

sBfzunH.jpg

Edited by station2station
I am an idiot.

System Specs:

Intel 8700K (Factory Clocks) / NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS ROG STRIX 1080TI

Corsair RGB 32GB @ 3600MHZ

Samsung 970EVO M.2 OS Drive / 2 x Samsung 960EVO SATA Game Drive (DCS and STEAM)

Phankteks Enthoo Evolv TG w/ something like, 9 case fans now...

Alienware 34" AW3418DW (with 120HZ and GSYNC)

Warthog HOTAS

Thrustmaster MFD

Saitek Rudder Pedals

Logitch G35 Mic

TrackIR5

Corsair keyboard/mouse

A10C,FA18,F14,Viggen <3,F16,Spitfire, NTTR, Persian Gulf,SuperCarrier

Have an issue though and have reached out to Damien

Edit: never mind... I know the cable didn’t get caught, but it looks like the screw pressed against it when I was trying to put it back together cause the tiniest of shorts between the Black and Tan wires and fried the controller on the HOTAS. I am upset and only have myself to blame. I took my time laid out my parts and I get I was quite careful, but I can’t deny that I did something here... *sigh*

Very sorry to hear that, I have sent you an email with some tests we do to see what has happened.

It is unlikely the damage to the cable has caused any permanent damage to the throttle, so hopefully we will be able to get it resolved and working again for you soon.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

I am very pleased to announce my new thumbstick based Warthog throttle slew upgrade kit!

Can ya tell us my friend what numbers are currently being shipped?

:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Just received the thumb stick (Order 1932). Installation was easy, took around 10 minutes, works like a charm. Worth every Penny! :D

But since the calibration of the throttle it only seems to go to 75% (both ways), even when I push/pull the throttle to max. (flying in Elite Danegrous)

Any idea why it does it? Thanks in advance!

Update:

Re-ran the calibration, re-binded the throttle axis in ED...seems to be back to normal again.

Edited by M. Grey

1978 has not shipped, if that helps. Expect to hear something in the next few weeks, however...

I'll add English parts to my international controls list. Had to slap down a couple parts that were bringing up old grievances. I tell you, put all this stuff on a USB bus and it just goes crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello DCS-Community!

I received my upgrade kit (order #1963) and it is great. Installation was no problem - easy and fast. The calibration even solved a minor issue I had with the INCR/DECR axis on the throttle (I use it for zooming and there were some positions on the axis where the zoom would jiggle back and forth - now gone, yippee).

It takes no time to get used to the new control. It just feels natural und so much more precise. Some adjustments to the curvature in the axis tune panel in DCS settings to adjust it to your personal taste and that's it.

In the Windows game controller menu, with the cursor of the the TAD and the TDC on the HUD I can draw perfect circles with the new slew control. However there is a minor issue with the TGP and I do not know wether it is caused by the slew upgrade or if it is just the way the TGP works: Whenever I move the slew stick in a circular motion there are some sweet spots where the TGP camera just stops moving either horizontally or vertically until further rotation of the stick or nearing it back to center position. It is difficult to describe so I recorded a video (see below, not listed). I never perceived this behavior with the old slew control (perhaps it was too shitty to notice it?). Again this only happens with the TGP, so the hardware (TM throttle & slew upgrade) is not broken and it is hardly a problem while using the TGP. But it still it bugs me a little...

So my question would be wether this is normal? And if not, is there an idea for a solution? Thank you very much and greetings from Germany.

Edited by Hive

Since replacing the stick and re-calibration, my profile sometimes stops, the Warthog not working anymore. Have to restart TARGET, reconnect Stick & Throttle.

Sometimes it works all day without issues though.

Any ideas?

Update:

Disabled this for most USB controllers/input devices and USB Hubs in:

> Device manager > USB controller/device/HUB >power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Seems to work so far, no bugging out...yet.

Edited by M. Grey

Since replacing the stick and re-calibration, my profile sometimes stops, the Warthog not working anymore. Have to restart TARGET, reconnect Stick & Throttle.

Sometimes it works all day without issues though.

Any ideas?

Update:

Disabled this for most USB controllers/input devices and USB Hubs in:

> Device manager > USB controller/device/HUB >power management > allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

Seems to work so far, no bugging out...yet.

This and the video are concerning. Would very much like to hear about causes and remedies.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Hello DCS-Community!

I received my upgrade kit (order #1963) and it is great. Installation was no problem - easy and fast. The calibration even solved a minor issue I had with the INCR/DECR axis on the throttle (I use it for zooming and there were some positions on the axis where the zoom would jiggle back and forth - now gone, yippee).

It takes no time to get used to the new control. It just feels natural und so much more precise. Some adjustments to the curvature in the axis tune panel in DCS settings to adjust it to your personal taste and that's it.

In the Windows game controller menu, with the cursor of the the TAD and the TDC on the HUD I can draw perfect circles with the new slew control. However there is a minor issue with the TGP and I do not know wether it is caused by the slew upgrade or if it is just the way the TGP works: Whenever I move the slew stick in a circular motion there are some sweet spots where the TGP camera just stops moving either horizontally or vertically until further rotation of the stick or nearing it back to center position. It is difficult to describe so I recorded a video (see below, not listed). I never perceived this behavior with the old slew control (perhaps it was too shitty to notice it?). Again this only happens with the TGP, so the hardware (TM throttle & slew upgrade) is not broken and it is hardly a problem while using the TGP. But it still it bugs me a little...

So my question would be wether this is normal? And if not, is there an idea for a solution? Thank you very much and greetings from Germany.

Thank you very much for the kind words :)

I have just done a quick test with my throttle and I get the exactly the same issue with the TGP in the A10. But like you it is fine on the HUD and in any controller tests, so it must be something to do with the game rather than the hardware.

Is there anyone with more A10 experience who knows if this is a bug or something intended?

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

About my issue...2nd day, around 8h flight time...the issue did no occur again. Very sure it was related to USB controllers/devices/hub being turned off for power saving.

Such a game changer, the new stick feels very good, very intuitive.

As said...WORTH...EVERY...PENNY! ;)

Just popped it to say that I received mine the other day and can't be happier.

Dead simple to install and calibrate, great piece of kit. Works as advertised.

The instructions are also quality, each step of the way is clear and with excellent photos

I would suggest you add a note that you need to have updated to firmware 23 in order to calibrate on the very first page of the installation instructions as well.

I was so keen on getting started I already had it installed when I got to the calibration instructions that said if you don't have firmware 23 installed you need to update before calibrating. And, that you need the original slew device in place to update. Yikes... I checked and was updated. Whew!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Got the email that 1978 shipped this morning. It's being sent via Royal Mail, which makes me wonder which Royal is delivering it. Andrew might be good for a few laughs; if he doesn't have a sense of humor by now there's no hope...but really I'm a lot more like Philip, other than I don't get away with saying things like that. I think them loudly, though...

Anybody know how long it's been taking to get theirs to the US? I got a ship notice 9 days ago, been impatiently waiting since :-)

My delivery to Germany took something like 3 weeks, and I did get a little impatient, although those 3 weeks included Christmas and new year's, which is probably the busiest postal season of the year (at least in my neck of the woods, although Amazon and a few others a dead set on getting us to join the Black Friday hype as well...). Anyway, I contacted Deltaalphalima1 and he promised to look into it if it took much longer, but eventually it arrived and I was happy. Keeping my fingers crossed that yours will arrive shortly. :thumbup: