Harrier in VR - How's the performance?

TerminatorLips

Its quite good compared other modules. I'd say about like the mirage if anything.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, honestly the harrier pit in VR is actually pretty nice to work with relative to other modules.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yep I agree it is pretty good. I was concerned the font size on the MFD's might make them a bit tricky to read but it is fine on the CV1 at 1.4PD.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Harrier cockpit in VR with the Reverb is one of the two best in DCS.

And these two are far and away better than any others.

I have no FPS impact issues with this cockpit. I do have some slow-down with the Tomcat, but that's chalked up to the systems, not visuals as far as I'm concerned.

The general texture, details even down to screws are 3D and not cookie-cutter all the same. The different metals have a different texture and you can tell. Brass vs Nickel - all apparent.

With good shader support and lighting (variable in DCS Beta these days, unfortunately) even the paint scrapes have depth and texture. Only the Tomcat can compare.

Even the F-18 has flat textures in places especially around annunciator panels, wherein the Harrier panels have depth, texture, and some very realistic smudges. Plastic or glass looks and has a sheen that it should.

When my friends want to know what VR looks like and why is it special? I put them in the Harrier.

I'm amazed really - the VR cockpit for the Harrier in the Reverb is just stunning.

Edited by Thudster

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

Anybody using the Rift?

How do you like it for Harrier?

If you don't mind sharing, post your settings and rate your experience 1 -7.

And the other HMDs out there too. I think that would be very help full to new comers.

I'd post mine , but I'm not very happy with my setup after a reinstall.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Anybody using the Rift?

How do you like it for Harrier?

If you don't mind sharing, post your settings and rate your experience 1 -7.

And the other HMDs out there too. I think that would be very help full to new comers.

I'd post mine , but I'm not very happy with my setup after a reinstall.

I use a rift CV1. Even on my old system performance was best with the (old) harrier. Overall its one of the better VR pits appearance and usability wise. And performance wise its very good as well.

I use the Rift CV1 as per above, pretty nice. Have a Rift S on the way so will check out the differences a after a good length of time.

I have tried the Rift S in DCS before but that was prior to getting the harrier. I found the increase in res very nice in the S. Putting the CV1 back on afterwards it was almost like the lenses were fogged or something - the Rift S was so much clearer and brighter with no god rays - was very nice.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]