WHy F15E without UFCD

Kev2go

As Klar has already pointed out, they are fairly new, and no, haven't been around in the US inventory for very long. Just like when we changed to color displays from the mono MPDs...the old ones are being fielded out through attrition. The new ones do not have the delam problems the old ones have and they don't require the posts/nvg filter for the nogs that the old ones did. The old UFC had white lettering, new ones are green. EMD used to be white, they are going green too. Many of the caution panels have been altered to have green filters...because...f*ck velcro.

It's also not related to the RMP for the radar....

The constant back and forth arguing by folks that have no real idea never ceases to amaze....

I was literally asking a question, I asked if anyone know if they did not changes multiple things at once which may include radar...as ANOTHER change done in the same time, no need to be rude, mostly if you misinterpret what is really being said.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

APG-82 is not being 100% standardized, it will be like the APG-63's in the C models, some are V0, some are V3, don't know what their numbers are but its definitely not 100% AESA. For the APG-82 its the same, squadrons will have some AESA, some Mech scanned. At least for the currently planned upgrades.

The new UFC offers no additional functionality over the old ones. Its pretty much 100% uniform across the fleet of USAF strike eagles. You can literally rip it out and replace the old one with the new one or vice versa while the engines are running. LRU's are great.

I've flown with an old one once or twice, they are still in inventory and if the new ones are being worked on, if they have an old one they will throw it in there.

Only real difference/benefit (other than the much clearer and brighter display) is the new ones specifically have more lighting options so as to be more compatible with NVG's and night lighting in general, the old ones still work, just arent as good to look at through NVG's.

Ah it's good to get clarification that there is no real difference ( I noted this but cant really prove it due to 1.16) between what's able to be displayed on old and new ufc. If this is in fact the case that it can easily be swapped in and out then we could have both strike eagle types

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

As Klar has already pointed out, they are fairly new, and no, haven't been around in the US inventory for very long. Just like when we changed to color displays from the mono MPDs...the old ones are being fielded out through attrition. The new ones do not have the delam problems the old ones have and they don't require the posts/nvg filter for the nogs that the old ones did. The old UFC had white lettering, new ones are green. EMD used to be white, they are going green too. Many of the caution panels have been altered to have green filters...because...f*ck velcro.

It's also not related to the RMP for the radar....

The constant back and forth arguing by folks that have no real idea never ceases to amaze....

The USAF must be really bad at drawing out diagrams, because that 90s manual has a revision certainly had what looked like new ufc display to me.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

So why did RAZBAM choose the old school style UFC ( which is basically somewhat akin to whats on the Hornet) as opposed to newer UFCD which appears to be referenced and its operation documented as early as in a 1991 USAF F15E Flight manual?/QUOTE]

"Referenced and its operation documented" verses Deployed to the fleet are two completely different issues...

I can show you references in a KC-135R Air Refueling Manual dated 1991 for the "Wingtip Air Refueling Pods system". It completely describes the system and its operation. The system was never installed on on a KC-135. Eventually the MPRS system was purchased and installed.

Knowing ED I'd say its a safe bet they are producing a specific block of aircraft with specific capabilities that they can find the most open source data for and the Block being produced did not include or had not yet received the UFCD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The new UFCD isn't referenced in those early manuals. The line drawings in those documents don't fully illustrate the details of the design. I think the confusion stems from the fact that the illustrated display is drawn as a single, square screen, rather than a row of six linear LCDs as seen fitted to actual, older aircraft. The UFCD controls are the same however, whereas the newer system features slightly different knobs and the buttons are now rectangular rather than square.

So why did RAZBAM choose the old school style UFC ( which is basically somewhat akin to whats on the Hornet) as opposed to newer UFCD which appears to be referenced and its operation documented as early as in a 1991 USAF F15E Flight manual?/QUOTE]

"Referenced and its operation documented" verses Deployed to the fleet are two completely different issues...

I can show you references in a KC-135R Air Refueling Manual dated 1991 for the "Wingtip Air Refueling Pods system". It completely describes the system and its operation. The system was never installed on on a KC-135. Eventually the MPRS system was purchased and installed.

Knowing ED I'd say its a safe bet they are producing a specific block of aircraft with specific capabilities that they can find the most open source data for and the Block being produced did not include or had not yet received the UFCD.

ED?

I think you mean Razbam ;)

but in any case as klar pointed out the UFCD still has the same function and information presented as UFC and can be easily installed in any Strike eagle.

So Both would be nice, if that really is the only change.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

The new UFCD isn't referenced in those early manuals. The line drawings in those documents don't fully illustrate the details of the design. I think the confusion stems from the fact that the illustrated display is drawn as a single, square screen, rather than a row of six linear LCDs as seen fitted to actual, older aircraft. The UFCD controls are the same however, whereas the newer system features slightly different knobs and the buttons are now rectangular rather than square.

Ahh see that explains it. yeah that was the confusion, especially seeing since both UFC's have the same functionality with their utilization.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro