Red air landing at blue airbase

anfieldroad

Hi, I am having an issue with a mission based at Nellis which is set as blue with red aggressors and blue opponents both taking off from Nellis but red air, even though the waypoints are set to land at Nellis, are landing at Groom Lake which is set as red air.

I need Nellis to be blue otherwise crew chief functionality doesn't work and I can't start the aircraft without that (F-5E)

How can I change that behaviour so they red air units return to Nellis correctly?

*BUMP*

Anyone?

I am really stuck on my mission. I have red-team aggressors taking off from Nellis with their blue-team opponents, fighting and then RTB except the red-team get to the final waypoint and turn around and fly away because Nellis is a blue airbase.

I can make it Neutral but then the human player on blue team can't take off because the crew-chief is not available to provide ground power and air.

I think this mission works because Nellis is neutral.

In my situation though this cannot work because the F-5E requires ground power and air to start the engines meaning that to fly as a red aggressor at a blue airbase you simply won't be able to start the aircraft.

I'm testing making Nellis a contested airbase by putting both blue and red AI aircraft parked on the aprons.

I wish they would allow the feature to be controlled by mission designers like a tickbox in the airbase coalition settings to allow aircraft from other coalitions to use the facilities such as crew chief etc. Or allow an alternative "shared" airbase ownership similar to neutral but designed for airbases like Nellis hosting training exercises.

Also you can have a look at this mission from Swordfi5H : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2167742/

(blue F15 (player) and red Agg. AI F15 take off from Nellis - do a dogfight training - and go back landing at Nellis - Last time I played it the red F15 correctly landed at Nellis blue base at the end)

I've not tried, but maybe you can set Nellis neutral by default, but at mission start (or soon after) you activate a blue ground unit somewhere inside Nellis, so Nellis get blue and you can use ground support, and when you leave Nellis you destroy this blue unit with a trigger, so Nellis go back to default neutral coalition ?

EDIT : I quickly tried and it works with activate/deactivate a blue ground group for the time you need Nellis to be blue (with both red and blue airplanes on ramp).

Edited by toutenglisse
in post