rudder pedals

need a new set of pedals, cant get the crosswinds, looking for a more wallet friendly approach atm.

was looking for the Saitek pro combat ones, but not sure if they even available now as cant see any for sale anywhere, only the normal pro ones, seems the seconhand market is nearly same price as new, that's fleabay for you.

or are the TM pedals any good, would match my warthog controls then.

its just for whirlybirds, dam hard flying just using the z axis on the throttle :)

I have the Combat Pro's there an alright pedal once you loose the center detent and springs. :D

It winll also depends what you fly the most.

I hear a lot of good things about the MFG's, I'd recommend if you can get a cheap usable set of pedals to separate the yaw out of stick input your wrist will be thankful and you flying will improve especially helicopters and save for decent pedals what ever brand you want. Or spring out for the better unit which ever make, straight up. ;)

I'm also looking at building my own pedals at this time mostly aimed at rotory wind style, like most things a WIP at the moment. :(

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

If I understand my on the back of a serviette calcs are about right then LB 250 MFB's verses LB 75. TM's.

See what others come up with, however I expect even a cheap set of pedals will help a lot.

Yes I am switching over to a Leo Bodnar BU0836X USB interface which currently does my cyclic and the old Frankensteined Logitech USB interface still does my DYI collective. :D

Are these the pedals?

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

yep that's the pedals, you will have t take pics to show us all :)

They aren't as pretty but I'd wager CH products would last longer/handle a bit more abuse than Saitek products. There's also the TM T-flight pedals to consider.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

VKB Mk.IV

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=vkb-t-rudders-mk-iv

You can also get them through Aliexpress. Beats all the plastic rubbish by miles!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I've had the CH pedals for many years and though the centering is a little jarring; I've had plenty of use out of them and they're still going.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

• 4 months later...

Not meaning to awaken dead zombies...

Does anyone have experience with Thrustmaster TFRP Flight Rudder Pedals ?

For me, they work in an "all or nothing" mode with no way to proportionally move the rudder. The "tilty" function of the pedals won't work either.

Is there a good way to set these up?

Thanks

Ed

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.