FPS

Is this been looked into, I know im making a complaint and have in the past but its beyond a silly, Is there any word on better performance from DCS? Im finding it hard to control and look around at low level. Its un-playable at times. I cant be the only one having this issue, Its ok have settings turned down, But theres nothing wrong with eye candy, Expect you cant have it, You have to take the eye candy away to make the performance on a high end rig.

PC specs:

I7 99970k @ 4.0ghz

GTX 1080 standard

SSD's

32GB RAM

Win 10

Is this been looked into, I know im making a complaint and have in the past but its beyond a silly, Is there any word on better performance from DCS? Im finding it hard to control and look around at low level. Its un-playable at times. I cant be the only one having this issue, Its ok have settings turned down, But theres nothing wrong with eye candy, Expect you cant have it, You have to take the eye candy away to make the performance on a high end rig.

PC specs:

I7 99970k @ 4.0ghz

GTX 1080 standard

SSD's

32GB RAM

Win 10

well.. i haven't seen any official word, apparently some attention was given to a performance mod in the mods section which may bring about some changes, but do you know where your bottleneck is on your system?.. CPU or GPU?... looks like relatively robust system specs.. not sure what CPU that is.. but looks like you should be pretty capable of running with relatively high settings.

Edited by DflippinK
*given

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Limit the FPS in the lua files.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Romiko Derbynew

---------------------------------------------------------------

Intel® Core i5-9600K CPU @ 4.8GHz

Corsair Vengeance XMP 32GB - CMW32GX4M4C3000C15

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Gamzing Z 8GB

MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC Motherboard

NZXT H500 Case

EVGA 650W P2 Power Supply

NH U12S CPU Cooler - 2 fans

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua

Ill take a look in the mod section its happening when transition is from day to night or visa versa at night and at day its fine but that dynamic period of change is killing it for me.

hmm.. not sure... might be a heavy graphical transition... does it run smooth otherwise?

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

60 on vysnc limit and im at 4K ill be lucky to gft 15 fps mostly between 2 and 5

That doesn't add up with your rig specs. Long shot here, but make sure your monitor cable is plugged into the Graphics card and not the MB. IT's been known to happen.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

60 on vysnc limit and im at 4K ill be lucky to gft 15 fps mostly between 2 and 5

15fps sounds very low, thats about what I am getting with everything on max in VR.

Have you tried to turn V-Sync off and AntiAlias down to 2x?

Any fps problems if you run a benchmark program (just to rule out hardware as the cause) like Unigine https://benchmark.unigine.com/

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

Yes thats exactly what im getting, In pitch black and or day time its fine, That transition of light when your low tree level trying to notch and look around, You have 5 fps maybe 15 if your lucky. Even if it dropped to say 30 fps it would be playable.

Disable vsync in the game, enable nvidia adaptive sync, its way better.

Are you preloading with the max setting? Also disable fsaa in nvidia control panel. Can you send your nvidia settings?

Romiko Derbynew

NZXT H500 Case

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua

Also check windows 10 game mode is disable. A post on this forum mentioned.

Had massive fps issues in Harrier module in multiplayer (on caucasus and persian gulf)

Press Windows-key + G, then click most right button (should NOT be white. should be grey!) Otherwise, for weird Microsoft reasons it messes with CPU usage.

Romiko Derbynew

NZXT H500 Case

2 Inlet fans - Noctua

2 outlet fans - Noctua

Limit the FPS in the lua files.

where exactly is this file located?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

where exactly is this file located?

Best way is to delete the max fps line in graphics.lua which is located in main game folder under config.

To limit the FPS you must use MSI riva tuner, the max_fps option on the graphics.lua does not work as intened and I can'understand why ED dont get this fixed.

In order to properly cap fps you're forced to use and external software such as rivatuner as the ingame limiter is broken.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Do find this in services? Or somewhere else ill check it out.

Edit: I dont have an option to turn game mode on or off.

And ill check nvidia settings.

If Windows / G keystroke does not open the game mode window, you have not got it enabled.

Mine did not work, so I got in through settings and found this to be the case.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Hi Guys, I think there is a bit of confusion about game mode, maybe me but lets see. The Game bar can be disabled in the Settings under Windows if that is OFF aznd you press Windows key +G nothing will happen..

I also read that post about game mode but also in it it states Windows does not see DCS as a game and does not implement game mode in DCS..

Either way I tried with game mode on DCS.exe and with it OFf it did not seem to matter but my test could have been faulty..

So if you press Windows Key + G and nothing happens make sure you have Game Bar turned on in Windows if you want to enable Game mode..

There is also a reg key you can use on the TenForums to disable game mode.. I tried it off and on neither did anything..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I tried it before with and w/o, no change at all on my system.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hey guys , i have some kind of problems i think...i have all the settings on max , and everything is ok and have no problem when i fly harrier/mirage/L39/Mig15/Mi8/Huey but when i fly the Mig 21 and Hawk i have some lag , when i fly the hawk is a little worst than mig 21 . Somebody have that issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Update: recently brought an M.2 drive clean install of windows and fresh dcs installation, Im still getting poor frames, Maybe a hardware issue, But thats not possible as this is not affecting me in other games, Ive turned down settings etc with no luck, I tried PG and it was terrible until i was over the sea and at 8000 metres, But meh not sure what else i can do.

Disable vsync in the game, enable nvidia adaptive sync, its way better.

Are you preloading with the max setting? Also disable fsaa in nvidia control panel. Can you send your nvidia settings?

Does the nVidia control Panel works, with DCS 2.5.x?!

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I just downloaded DCS World 2.5 too and I'm also having FPS issues. I just got a new gaming computer a week ago to download this and the free planes are both lagging when I do the training tutorials with them. I have the right requirements for it. A Intel 8700 CPU processor, 1060GTX graphics card, 16GB RAM and a 120GB SSD with Windows 10 on it. I notice the AI aircraft are slow when landing on the runway and doing the clickable buttons on the TF-51 take sixty seconds or a minute to click on. And the canopy is sluggish to close.