polish AF discussion..

szymon81

Great stuff ! ! !

I thought that our eastern heads :) could never understand western technology and their imperial systems of measurements . . . But polish pilots show us that it's possible :thumbup: . . .

LOL! That's not that complicated!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! That's not that complicated!

. . . miles, nautical miles, inches, feet's, knot's, etc . . . and my eastern data link is blocked :cry: ! I wonder how much time was needed for the polish pilots to retraining for the F-16's ?

PS. I try Falcon 4.0 but due to non understanding measurements, I give up ! Even F-15 in LOFC, sometimes is confusing me . . . :doh:

[sIGPIC]D:\avioni\razno\potpis 1 orao.jpg[/sIGPIC]

I think (if memory serves from the 29G published manual) there is some kind of elevator push on slat extension on the MiG-29 (centre of pressure changes on slats deploying) but I don't know if that is what we can hear. I haven't heard this noise on any other cockpit vid, so perhaps it is a limiter of some sort. Fascinating video.

Edited by Sulman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The thing acting on the Mig29 pilots arm is the AOA kicker. The Luftwaffe MIG29G Flight manual clearly describes its operation. as the AOA limit is reached the kicker vibrates the control column to give the pilot tactile feedback that he is at the AOA limit. Handy when you are eyes out in a BFM engagement

The thing acting on the Mig29 pilots arm is the AOA kicker. The Luftwaffe MIG29G Flight manual clearly describes its operation. as the AOA limit is reached the kicker vibrates the control column to give the pilot tactile feedback that he is at the AOA limit. Handy when you are eyes out in a BFM engagement

Thanks Ivan! wow that is some brutal force feed back then! so.. what hapens if the pilot keeps pulling past the aoa limit, does the mig departs doing a wing rock? or it just stalls and drops its nose? anyone know? Does the su-27 has the same system? there is avideo of the Russian test pilots on youtube and the stick vibrates when the pilot does a tail slide.

• 2 months later...

A little bump :)

A new video with Polish Su-22M4. Watching in HD highly recommended :)

• Like 2

МАССАНДРА: "Микоян Артём Славный Сын Армянского Народа Дарит Радость Авиаторам".

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Ivan! wow that is some brutal force feed back then! so.. what hapens if the pilot keeps pulling past the aoa limit, does the mig departs doing a wing rock? or it just stalls and drops its nose? anyone know? Does the su-27 has the same system? there is avideo of the Russian test pilots on youtube and the stick vibrates when the pilot does a tail slide.

Ya. he can pull through the kicker with more force and override. Obviously he has to know what he's doing before he does this or things might end bad. Specifically stated in the Luftwaffe manual, overriding is forbidden. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

• 2 months later...
Ya. he can pull through the kicker with more force and override. Obviously he has to know what he's doing before he does this or things might end bad. Specifically stated in the Luftwaffe manual, overriding is forbidden. :)

I don't think the flanker has a kicker! it is flight by wire not mechanical like the mig-29

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...