How to deal with AIM-54?

CptBartender

I'm (trying to, at least) playing Heavy Sky, and I find F-14s quite ridiculous...

On mission 3, I succeeded mostly due to dumb luck - somehow, miraculously allies took out all the Tomcats, most likely due to sheer number.

Now, I'm at mission 5 (4 did not have any enemy Tomcats). What am I supposed to do? How am i supposed not to die? Their missiles are fired at 60km+ ranges and seem to be at mach 3 by the time they reach me regardless of what I do. I can't outmaneuver them, and the only thing I can do not to die 10 minutes into the mission is to go full AB the other way. In any case, I can't even get close to be within firing range.

How am I supposed to approach them? Am I supposed to keep trying until all of them get the dumbest AI level rolled and all allies get the elite, and then somehow they win the mission for me, with no involvement on my side?

If all you have to contribute is saying things like "but that's how AIM-54s were IRL" then don't bother - I already know that...

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

The beryoza does have a great signal strength indicator. Use that for range. If you dodge a Phoenix when it goes active your too late, even though it is possible. They only have so many and will happily fire them 100 km away where they can be easy to lose

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Seems easy to do in a Hornet vs just one Tomcat. Gets much more difficult in a 4 vs 4 in a Flanker, which has a much more primitive RWR that does not show accurate threat angles and does not register missile locks until the missile is ~5km away. Any advice on that?

Practice practice practice. Notching is always the best way to defeat US missiles. Ive never been much of a fighter jock, but this is the tactic you want to learn.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

I had success turning and running after 1st volley. Lure them to the airbase within SAM range.

Get low and put them at your 3/9 and fly to the mountains by then they should be scattered and hopefully a SAM got one and you can engage on your terms.

Key is get them in range of your R-47ET's so you can fire and forget then get in the merge so you can murder them.