Virpil Mongoose or VKB MCG Pro?

I have the Virpil. It works perfect and its precision is well above Warthog. VPC have the big advantage to be 100% compatible with Warthog grip, which I intend to use.

On the other hands VKB grip MCG Pro looks for me as the perfect grip. I wouldn't want more than is able to offer including the ministick on it. Precision wise VKB and VPC are pretty similar.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

hi,

Excellent !!!!!

My VPC MongoosT-50CM Flightstick arrived today....

Perfect, just amazing !!

A big difference with Warthog !! smooth and precision !!!

Great

:thumbup:

Congrats!

I have many, many hours on mine now, it is a fantastic setup!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

hi,

Excellent !!!!!

Perfect, just amazing !!

Great

That's fast delivery after dispatch, considering Christmas was in the middle! Gives me some hope I will get mine in a couple of weeks.

i5 4690k / MSI Gaming 5 / 2 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix ram / Zotac AMP! 980Ti / 2 x 250 SSDs

Flight Controls:Virpil VPC MoogoosT-50 / MFG Crosswinds / GVL Throttle / Oculus Rift CV1

That's fast delivery after dispatch, considering Christmas was in the middle! Gives me some hope I will get mine in a couple of weeks.

Hi,

In fact, I ordered mine mid december. Nothing changed until the 01/03/18. Then, my ordered was updated with tracking number and I saw that parcel was already in Minsk at export office and it was sent on 12/30/17.

In only 2 days - I live in South of France-, I received it. So yes, the delivery was very fast. When the parcel arrived in France, it was taking in charge by french Chronopost. I paid VAT taxes and linked services (Chronopost advance money for custom taxes then you have to pay that service).

For french people, the amount due is 66€ for VAT and 21€ for Chronopost services.

hi,

Excellent !!!!!

Perfect, just amazing !!

Great

Awesome! Got my tracking number yesterday morning and am now very eagerly awaiting delivery ;)

• 4 months later...

Over the Weekend my Thrustmaster Warthog stick decided to snap So I am desperate to get something to fly with. I decided on VPC because,

a) they have the products in stock and no delays

b) Their customer services has been excellent so far and their site is user friendly.

I have ordered the T50, throttle and desk mount.

Cannot wait for them to arrive so that I can get flying again

Cheers Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Over the Weekend my Thrustmaster Warthog stick decided to snap

How did it snap? Gimbal broke? I broke mine when i was removing extension which was stuck. I was holding the gimbal with pliers but slipped and the gimbal broke :music_whistling: It was acting weirdly anyway, the gimbal was moving around little bit and i was going to open the whole thing to see what was wrong with it. Just got my T-50 base friday and all i can say is you will love it.

Over the Weekend my Thrustmaster Warthog stick decided to snap So I am desperate to get something to fly with. I decided on VPC because,

a) they have the products in stock and no delays

b) Their customer services has been excellent so far and their site is user friendly.

I have ordered the T50, throttle and desk mount.

Cannot wait for them to arrive so that I can get flying again

Excellent choice!

I fly with my T-50 daily, it is an incredible stick.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I think that if someone wants to get a great stick, better go to Virpil as you can get one. If one wants most feature rich stick, try your lucky and try to slip your money to VKB as they don't seem to never get their best Pro sticks in stock.

When the VKB Pro stick came available (after like 1-2 weeks of their store page being down) I didn't pull the trigger as I was waiting analysis from other money dip that turn to be not happening, then I was ready to pull the trigger for Pro stick and it was out of stock.

First you hear how VKB has made enough sticks to stock that they can fill all the preorders (that didn't come to EU) and handle all the other orders, and now they are again out of stock.

Like how about just implementing the money system so you can place your order and then get invoice for 48 hours to pay once your order would be ready to be filled? Instead you are there refreshing the site and dreaming that "maybe on next month".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I have about given up on waiting for them myself.

Wishing now I had never ordered the Gunfighter over a year ago along with a Monster Tech mount for it.

Lesson learned.

So glad I made the choice at that time to go with Virpil also, as I have had a very solid and great stick for several months now.

I would highly recommend anyone considering one of the two, to go with Virpil.

Great service and support.

Don B

I would consider more about Virpil if the stick could be set with high friction and without spring so it would stay where you leave it and need little force to move it around smoothly.

Just ordered mine...

Have the Warthog, just ordered myself the VPC MongoosT-50CM with the extensions and the desk mount. I told myself when I bought the warthog that I'd never need to buy another stick, and I lasted more than half a decade...but this time I mean it....

Have the Warthog, just ordered myself the VPC MongoosT-50CM with the extensions and the desk mount. I told myself when I bought the warthog that I'd never need to buy another stick, and I lasted more than half a decade...but this time I mean it....

I think you will be well pleased, congrats!

Don B

If you are eu customer and want to get a new stick within a year, go virpil. VKB has been nothing but broken promises so far.

Let's shoot them for broken promises... :music_whistling:

I own Warthog and Virpil. Last one is a lot more smooth and precise. VKB I think is matching the smoothness of Virpil, but the MCG Pro grip looks even more functional.

My credits goes equally for Virpil and VKB.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I own Warthog and Virpil. Last one is a lot more smooth and precise. VKB I think is matching the smoothness of Virpil, but the MCG Pro grip looks even more functional.

We live in good time of the Joystick/HOTAS again.

The Microsoft patent for FF has passed long time ago, so anyone should be able to produce a FF stick if they so want.

But we have manufacturers like Virpil and VKB that are making far better sticks that we have ever previously had. Thrustmaster has always been for me like "top of the B-class" while "CH" has been "forgotten A-class".

The problem we have is that you can't so easily get Virpil or VKB (especially VKB) and definitely not from your local stores.

Now think about if you could walk to store and get your hands on either one for try out and then walk out with one in arms? Just like you can do with Warthog....

From what I have seen Virpil usually runs around 2-4 weeks from time of order.

They definitely have a leg up on VKB in this department.

Don B

I wouldn't go that far. :lol:

GF mk1 owner here, still waiting for a compatible mcg pro. While the warthog grip has been ok for now, I'd rather have what was promised ages ago. I feel scammed, honestly.

After 4 Warthogs, 2 Cougars in this decade, and many in the previous one, many CH/Saitek units, I've settled on the VKB Gunfighter Mk2RevB and the Virpil T50 as my primary stikcs. I've had a couple T50s, and have 3 various Gunfighter bases from the first Mk1 through to what I'm using now.

It's 5/6 and pick em with the Gunfighter/T50. There are small differences with each, mainly being that the VKB can be used as a desktop stick, and the T50 not so much, not at least until we bet the WarBrd later in June some time. The analogue ministick and dry clutches are the biggest differences.

Also, you can make the Gunfighter much lighter than you can the T50, as in lighter than the CH Fighterstick by about a factor of 2. IE 2 times lighter. The T50 with the lightest springs and stock cam (best one until the space cam is available), isn't nearly as light as the Gunfighter with the softest springs it comes with. Still the T50 in the light config is still excellent, far lighter than the Warthog is IMO.

The precision that both 32bit VKB/Virpil sticks give is very noticeable over the Warthog/Saitek/CH IMO.

As mentioned in the threat, Viripl will always take your order, and now with the new building and process that brings, it should eventually result in faster fill times. All 3 of my Virpil orders fit the timeline I was told, 14 biz days to build/test, and 5 to 14 ish to ship/arrive. I had most under a calendar month of waiting, under 30 days.

When VKb DOES have stuff in stock, it comes really, really fast for me. I'm in Canada, ordered on a late Wednesday night, they filled it Thursday, it arrived Tuesday morning that next week. So, like the Thursday, Friday, Monday...3 biz days, as the next/Tuesday doesn't count IMO as it came before 10AM. Unreal, absolutely unreal speed from DHL, and it was track-able all the way. Again though, this is only WHEN VKB has stock, which, unfortunately, isn't very often right now. I hope that changes with their new operations too.

Any questions, PM me, I've put up a couple vids here, and am in the process of doing more, if anyone wants close up vids of either stick compared to WH/Cougar/CH/Saitek, and close up stuff on particular motions/etc of the VKB/Virpil Sticks, let me know, be happy to accommodate.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1