** UPDATE: F-14 Flight Model - Episode I - "The Basics" **

Cobra847

My main criticism of the video is the unnecessary black bars included in the video...

It's somewhat annoying to try and fullscreen it but still end up with massive black bars on all 4 sides, especially when youtube fully supports other aspect-ratios.

Looks great ?

I am a "bit" pessimistic.

Unfortunately I do not know how the F-14 flies in real life as many others.

I (we) will need to believe in you guys and in the illusion what we will get as a filght model but for God sake:

30 months gone by since we saw the first pics of the "upcoming" Tomcat 3D model and still no textures? (I know what "placeholder" and WIP means but this is crazy)

Nozzles look still wrong and inaccurate, plus would have been better to not "put on" those AIM-7s and AIM-9s. Incorrect positions and rotations. Just like a noob modder do.

Pain to my eyes. :cry:

Again: I am a "bit" pessimistic. How will this module and its flight model "one of the best and most accurate in DCS World" if the visual things that are visible to everybody do not fit ??? :(

Do you fly using external views? Like in Ace Combat or something? :huh:

Regards!

That is wonderful too see the progress for this plane :thumbup::megalol::pilotfly:

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Fantastic! If you guys manage to kill this one like you say you will and I quote Cobra: "Heads and shoulders above the Viggen", this will be my favorite module heads down and I might even skip on the Hornet. Yes, I just said that for real.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Looks great ?

I am a "bit" pessimistic.

Unfortunately I do not know how the F-14 flies in real life as many others.

I (we) will need to believe in you guys and in the illusion what we will get as a filght model but for God sake:

30 months gone by since we saw the first pics of the "upcoming" Tomcat 3D model and still no textures? (I know what "placeholder" and WIP means but this is crazy)

Nozzles look still wrong and inaccurate, plus would have been better to not "put on" those AIM-7s and AIM-9s. Incorrect positions and rotations. Just like a noob modder do.

Pain to my eyes. :cry:

Again: I am a "bit" pessimistic. How will this module and its flight model "one of the best and most accurate in DCS World" if the visual things that are visible to everybody do not fit ??? :(

very out of touch post.. If you've seen the viggen module and the baked renders they posted here you'd know that their art department is constantly setting new bars.

I have no doubt that the textures and model will be amazing. I'm more interested in how deep they've gone into the weapons and sensors (AWG-9 / ALR-45 / ALR-67).

:joystick: Waaaahhhhhh :drunk: oh my god the dreambird its coming :thumbup:

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

We all are very grateful as DCS community having Heatblure Simulations with us.

You are doing great job and getting more fans as we speak for your close relationship with costumers and DCS enthusiasts.

Good luck and wish you a smooth ride a long the way Heatblure Simulations.

Thank you for the update.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Thanks for sharing, can't wait. Really, can't wait. As much as I appreciate these, they make me sad at the same time.

Since they indicate that release is much further away than I thought. :(

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

What I find interesting is how hard it is to pull high AoA, the plane basically refused to turn....

I wonder how hard he was yanking his stick backward to achieve this behavior.

Ever flown the Spitfire? ;)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

What I find interesting is how hard it is to pull high AoA, the plane basically refused to turn....

Go to 30k feet and 200 kt in the f15 and pull full stick aft and see what happens ^^

great Job Heatblur Simulations !

Keep it coming ...

what a great addition to DCS this will be !!

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

The lack of AoA limitator and the large flight control surfaces should make quite easy to reach max AoA. Probably you don't have to pull full back to get there. To me, behaviour seen in the video looks right, but more insightful analysis with available E-M plots would be desirable

Regards

More sensitive on the stick ;)

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!