New Rig - Deactivate modules

• ED Team

DCS World\Doc\DCS World Activation Guide EN

for a guide

the picture you are showing is for disabling the modules not deactivation.

Read the guide, but basically you will have to go into each of your modules bin folders and use the protect.exe to deactivate your modules

e.g DCS World\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\bin

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Done ! :)

Thanks a lot, I hope everything goes fine when I reinstall everything now :)

By the way, I downloaded DCS 1.2 in January 2015, 1.5 in October 2015 and the Nevada map in December 2015 and stored them on an external hard drive... May I use what I downloaded then and it will update automatically, or do I have to download again everything ?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

If you don't want to download 100GB you can just do the following steps:

1. Start to install DCS on your new rig, go through install process until the installer starts to download files, then cancel the setup process.

2. Copy the complete DCS folder from your old rig to the new one, including the DCS folder under "C:\user->your name->games (that's optional if you want to keep your logbook, settings and mods)

3. Run "repair DCS", the installer will download a few files and you're done.

Edited by schroedi