Quantity and Mult (Bombs)

Rhinozherous

Hello!

I have a general problem in understanding the Quant and Mult options when dropping bombs. I had this already with the A10C. What do I set when I want to drop 2 Bombs per press for example? Or 1 bomb per press? Or 2 in an intervall for an overall drop of 4 bombs.....

I ask because I want to finaly store this info in my brain :smartass: so that I can use this on multiple aircrafts.

Thank you!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

QTY sets the overall number if bombs to be dropped.

MULT sets the number of bombs dropped simultaneously/per interval.

INT sets the distance in feet in which [MULTiple number of] bombs will impact.

Example 1:

QTY: 4

MULT: 2

INTV: 300

Upon pressing the weapons release button, this setting will drop a pair of bombs and then another pair of bombs with the second pair released so that it impacts 300 ft beyond the first pair.

Example 2:

QTY: 2

MULT: 2

This will drop a pair of bombs per each press of the weapon release button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Multiple: how many bombs to drop together.

Quantity: how many bombs to drop in total.

If you set QTY: 10 MULT: 1, it will drop each by each bomb, following the interval set, up to a total of 10; if you set QTY: 10 MULT: 2, it will drop 2 bombs together up to 10 bombs in total (5 launches).

If you set a not matching correspondence, in example MULT: 2 QTY: 1 .. it should match the total and drop only one bomb. If you set QTY: 5 MULT: 3 it will drop first 3 bombs and then 2. If I'm not wrong, the QTY takes always the precedence, and the computer doesn't return any "error".

Edited by npole
  • Like 1

Expressed as a sentence it should be "I wish to release QTY bombs in multiples of up to MULT."

If you want QTY 5 MULT 2 you get 2-2-1. QTY is a hard limit, never to release in total more than QTY under any circumstances. MULT is a preference, if possible each release event will contain MULT but may be fewer.

• Like 1