Bound controls not effecting in game.

*Rage*

For some reason my altitude hold autopilot (H) doesn't work in game when bound to a button on my joystick. The key command works.

Similarly the Stick deflection override (Y) also doesn't work in game when bound. Interestingly the key command has no effect either.

When I test the joystick buttons in the control menu they both show up correctly but neither has an effect in flight.

Any ideas? Ive bound, reset, rebound and restarted and still won't work...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

I Fired the 29 up last night and had a lot of issues with key commands and keyboard keys being highlighted even though no other keys were in use and then joystick issues. What I noticed was a few of the quickstart missions seemed to have the issues for whatever reason, the keys and bindings not working. I ended up making a mission and viola all the keys worked correct and hotas worked perfectly to my old, prior to PFM update bindings again. Just to test it further I started the over the hump campaign and all my personal key bindings worked fine. So not sure if it is certain mission that have the issue.

For some reason my altitude hold autopilot (H) doesn't work in game when bound to a button on my joystick. The key command works.

Similarly the Stick deflection override (Y) also doesn't work in game when bound. Interestingly the key command has no effect either.

When I test the joystick buttons in the control menu they both show up correctly but neither has an effect in flight.

Any ideas? Ive bound, reset, rebound and restarted and still won't work...

This is happening to lots of people since the last update, myself included.

Easy to fix--go into your Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input folder, delete the joystick config file, and re-bind in the sim. It will generate a new config file that will work properly. If not, delete the keyboard config too and try again.

Worked fine for me.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Did you get the 'Y' override command thingy working?

I press it but I can't tell if it's doing anything and there's nothing in the cockpit I can see to indicate whether it's on or off.

Yes but it works differently to the Su27 (not sure if by design or bug).

Watch the control inputs by using RCTRL + ENT.

Pull max G.

After a while you'll see the stick "push back" (in the 27 it just bounces and limits the travel rather than allow it then push back)

Press Y to see it go to full travel again.

Break your wings:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22