I need more stuff to do!

Poopskadoop

I've bought 10 campaigns over the time and I'm quite happy with all of them. The latest ones I played were A-10C Stone Shield, A-10C Red Flag, The Museum Relic and now A-10C The Enemy Within. For 10$ (or less if you get them in a sale) they are a bargain.

campaigns are badass, but you can use mission generator, mission editor, multiplayer...depends how hard you want to impact your brain :)) campaign (hardcore), generator/instant mission (casual), multiplayer (casual and/or crazy, depending on server config and player base)

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

What’s this mission generator? I’ve not seen anything on it

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

You should consider getting Apache600's Museum Relic campaign. Pretty interesting narrative and well crafted. It's probably my favorite, so far. It's well worth a purchase. It's a little easier to get into with the MiG-15 consider that the F-86's weapon systems require a bit more effort to use, but it makes it big difference.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Here's the thing. You can fly missions faster than someone can publish them, at least anything that's half good/worth trying.

At some point you have to say to yourself... is this "game" finished when I complete all the missions...?

It would be a shame to miss out on the one thing that makes it so much more immersive. To walk away knowing you hadn't shared a single experience with anyone else. I've met people in real life now that I first met in games, so many times.

There's no random content like a multiplayer session provides.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Are you suppose to create your own content in order to play a simulator/game? Flawed logic.

That DCS comes with tools to create your content does not change the fact that there is a big gap in content. That even his producer has ackownledge and thus they are making steps in the right direction (Good job to ED for always striving for perfection!)

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Take DCS:World as a sandbox simulation. A simulation which, by the way, is free.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

One problem you will likely run into is a lot of missions prepared for the old version of Caucasus map, or simply old in general, now have errors (or maybe I should just call them "gaps") which prevent them from running correctly. I even ran into this on the UH-1 training missions.

For that and various other reasons, it's really in your best interests to learn the mission editor! I've spent most of my time just flying with a buddy or two in semi-randomized missions which are fairly easy to set up.

This. Couldnt agree more. Just go to Blueflag server, pick a side Blue or Red and begin capture all enemy assets......... if you can

As a newer player (8 months in - Mustang, Mirage, F-2) I'm interested in this somewhat. Could anyone elaborate a bit on what this guy meant above? I've only joined a server just to fly around in multiplayer. This sounds intriguing.

Take DCS:World as a sandbox simulation. A simulation which, by the way, is free.
Yes, but this approach turns into a problem the moment you pay for modules which "only"(notice the "") have the fighter itself and 5 to 10 mission. If for some reason you do not enjoy MP, then you will find the most beautiful fighters(both FM and sensors) ever made in a simulator along with some breathtaking graphics but no exciting combat enviroment to prove you skills and procedures learnt through hours of practice. Even is more accuaciate by the fact of riddiculous low fidelity ATC implementation that dont let you do closer to RL life landing procedures(again i know this is in the roadmap and its being worked on now for example for carrier ATC).

In any case this problem will be finally solved once we have an implementation of a Dynamic Campaign engine even a simplified one. Dont know when this will happen but hopefully sooner rather than later (please ED aim for 2019 :) :) )

PD: i want to be clear, i love ED work, i just want to be objective and remarks those aspects still missing, that i have no doubt they will be taken care of at some point in the life of this wonderful sim.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

If you really have mastered all the aspects of flying the plane itself (take-off, landing/carrier-landing in any weather, navigation, employing dumb bombs, dodging SAMs, dogfighting...) and feel, like you can't wait the finished product, or want to have some enjoyment between campaign releases, you may want to try the free community missions, where others have put some time into developing missions for us.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=1&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

The skills required/difficulty differ of course, some are fairly simple and easy, others pretty hard.

This is filtered for single player missions, you can also look into multiplayer missions, some can be done single player, as well. Be sure to read the descriptions and briefings, especially the maps and details coming with some of the more elaborate missions.

DCS has a great and creative community... :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

As a newer player (8 months in - Mustang, Mirage, F-2) I'm interested in this somewhat. Could anyone elaborate a bit on what this guy meant above? I've only joined a server just to fly around in multiplayer. This sounds intriguing.
Here you go

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eeagle%2Eru%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D175262&share_tid=175262&share_fid=74365&share_type=t

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze