Realistic spotting mod for Oculus Rift users - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-21-2019, 01:52 PM   #21
GTFreeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by E61-v1T1 View Post
HI guys,

I am currently using this mod, and it seems a "must have" for any VR user.

I have a question, does anyone know how to change the dot size at 4-3 km??, To make it a little more smaller. Thanks!

I’ve been playing with the LUA file recently and also added the dot to ground targets. You can’t set up the dot to change size per distance. You get to choose one size (it’s actually a “dot” character, and a font size chosen). You can only charge it’s opacity per distance.

Take a look at the LUA file. It’s not too difficult to understand. The font came in at size 15. I changed it to 12 which made things better for me. Any smaller and it was very difficult to see.
GTFreeFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:11 AM   #22
E61-v1T1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFreeFlyer View Post
I’ve been playing with the LUA file recently and also added the dot to ground targets. You can’t set up the dot to change size per distance. You get to choose one size (it’s actually a “dot” character, and a font size chosen). You can only charge it’s opacity per distance.

Take a look at the LUA file. It’s not too difficult to understand. The font came in at size 15. I changed it to 12 which made things better for me. Any smaller and it was very difficult to see.
Oh thanks!!

I have done some tests, and find for myself that these values are more natural:

font_properties = {"DejaVuLGCSans.ttf", 5, 0, 0, 0}

But you have to change alls alignments to CenterTop , dot is now more smalls and keep it in center. Thanks a lot GTFreeFlayer.

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits
E61-v1T1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:26 AM   #23
Voodoo_One

Is it possible, to have the dot on the plane itself and maybe the aircraft type as before on lower distance? (WIth the dot and small pixels of the plane itself its hard to see sometimes, what type of aircraft it is)
I tried to play around in the LUA with a bit copy / paste also from the original file with the lower values, but somehow my aircraft names dissapeared completly?
Old 02-22-2019, 01:25 PM   #24
GTFreeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_One View Post
Is it possible, to have the dot on the plane itself and maybe the aircraft type as before on lower distance? (WIth the dot and small pixels of the plane itself its hard to see sometimes, what type of aircraft it is)
I tried to play around in the LUA with a bit copy / paste also from the original file with the lower values, but somehow my aircraft names dissapeared completly?

I don’t think so. The label is simply some text that you choose what to type and where to place it. I don’t think you can do two texts or two locations.

Look at the very bottom (I think) of the LUA file. It shows the format of the text in order to get what you want. I’m not looking at it now, but for example it will be something like %N%D, which would display name and distance. The comments in the LUA file explain this and also gives examples.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:54 PM   #25
Wingnutt270

Defiantly works, but the pixel is HUGE when the AC are rather close.

Last edited by Wingnutt270; 03-31-2019 at 08:11 PM.
Wingnutt270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:27 PM   #26
GTFreeFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnutt270 View Post
Defiantly works, but the pixel is HUGE when the AC are rather close.

Just go to the LUA file and reduce the font size. I’ve got mine working really well for air and ground targets now.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:46 AM   #27
Wingnutt270

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFreeFlyer View Post
Just go to the LUA file and reduce the font size. I’ve got mine working really well for air and ground targets now.
I tried that but if I edit the font any lower it goes away completely.

For example I changed it from 15 to 12 and there was NO dot.

EDIT:

Editing the file seems to break it. If I change the font at all it no longer works.

I changed it from 15 to 12 and it vanished completely, changed it back to 15 and its still gone.

I'm editing it in notepad, is that possibly breaking it?

Ive repeated this 5 times so far and get the same result. if I extract the original from the zip it works fine, but if I edit it at all it stops working.

Last edited by Wingnutt270; 04-01-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Wingnutt270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:44 AM   #28
GTFreeFlyer

Wingnut, notepad is likely your issue. It formats it differently. Personally, I use VS Code. How can I send you my file? Send me your email address in a PM?
Old 04-16-2019, 12:36 AM   #29
Bankler

Does the opacity setting really work? For me, the dot seems to render at 100% at all distances, regardless of opacity settings.
Bankler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:48 AM   #30
Fubarbrickdust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankler View Post
Does the opacity setting really work? For me, the dot seems to render at 100% at all distances, regardless of opacity settings.
No. Unfortunately that element of the feature has been broken for a while...It was really cool when it worked.

Loving your CASE I trainer mission, btw. Phenominal work! Really helping me to know how much I suck at carrier ops!...but helping me to get better!

Rift CV1 | BRD-DS | MFG Crosswind | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 Profile Chassis | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

Homebrew Control Panels [Dustek]: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFD Left | MFD Right | MFD Centre | WEP-TECH | HYD-MECH | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC

F/A-18C | A-10C | F-5E | AJS-37 | M2000C | UH-1H | KA-50 | SA342 | Mi-8 | BF109 K-4| Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 Dora | FC3
Fubarbrickdust is offline   Reply With Quote