Cold War 1947 - 1991 - Page 118 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-10-2019, 11:25 PM   #1171
Prancingkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
The scenarios I have would only work out if players would start coordinating their attacks. Most players fly solo and it's always for the dogfights. No matter what air-to-ground objectives I come up with (15 missions so far) solo players will always tend to go for air-to-air battles.
Exactly, no coordination= no protection if you want to (or your team need to) go air to ground
Prancingkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #1172
Alpenwolf

Phone Booth update:

I had enough time this morning and was able to update the mission Phone Booth:

- Upon spawning, every pilot will be provided with a quick briefing text popping up on the upper right corner of the screen.
- If an objective is completed (for example: Red liberates Beslan or Blue liberates Nalchik) the briefing text is updated automatically and will inform you every time you spawn of the current situation.
- Instead of winter, it's spring and early in the morning.
- The mission will be online tonight after the current mission, Elbrus.

Please, report any issues you might encounter.

Cheers!

Server's Dedicated Thread:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211361

Helicopters Tournaments:
https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=469

You can help with keeping up the server by donating using PayPal to the following email address:
hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #1173
Carl_infar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
@Carl infar:

I can't please everyone. And not having comms on the server is really killing it. Any aviator should see how important comms in aviation are.
The scenarios I have would only work out if players would start coordinating their attacks. Most players fly solo and it's always for the dogfights. No matter what air-to-ground objectives I come up with (15 missions so far) solo players will always tend to go for air-to-air battles.
Normally, everyone should get on comms before they take off. That's the mindset a pilot needs to have. That way enforcing comms wouldn't be necessary at all. But it's shocking to me how neglectful most DCS players are when it comes to comms. Guess most players are just players after all looking for some action and not really aviation enthusiasts.
Shame that a top level simulator like this one (the best in the world I say) is treated as a mere game.

Hope you understand.

I understand Your point.

I have only doubts if the effect will be as desired.

Currently every one if he wants can easyly coordinate via in game chat. If this is not common i doubt if switching to forced srs will improve it (all who want are using srs already...). Anyway everybody is playing for fun in their own free time the way he likes best. Most just wants to do ""furballing'' (personally I started with A to A only and currently its more like 50/50 between AtoA and AtoG)

On the other hand enforcing 3rd party program can by a problem especially for the new dcs players or old dcs but new to mp.

To sumarise : will enforcing SRS improve the coordination? Idoubt it. If one wants can easyly coordinate now…

Will it lower the players numbers? - highly likely
Carl_infar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:20 PM   #1174
dFlow

other servers enforce different third party comms as well.
think of the ddcs server, you even need to be on discord there, otherwise you're kicked off the server.
Discord doesn't add to the immersion of a flight sim, SRS does, and so i don't see a problem here.

In the long run, only a native solution by ED can solve this issue ... in the meantime SRS is a great addition, which is easily installed and should be a standard tool for every DCS pilot out there
Old 04-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #1175
Kang

No doubt SRS is to be preferred over Discord in almost all aspects. I guess there is virtue in the fact that one can't please everyone. No harm in testing things out and seeing how it goes. One can always adjust again.
Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #1176
dFlow

SRS and Discord are by design completely different.
SRS is designed to simulate the usage of the ingame radio as it was intended to be used.
Discord is the casual app / site / program to be used for many things - comms is just one part of it

I just wanted to give an example that even this is used on other servers by force
Old 04-11-2019, 10:31 PM   #1177
Alpenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dFlow View Post
other servers enforce different third party comms as well.
think of the ddcs server, you even need to be on discord there, otherwise you're kicked off the server.
Discord doesn't add to the immersion of a flight sim, SRS does, and so i don't see a problem here.

In the long run, only a native solution by ED can solve this issue ... in the meantime SRS is a great addition, which is easily installed and should be a standard tool for every DCS pilot out there
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang View Post
No doubt SRS is to be preferred over Discord in almost all aspects. I guess there is virtue in the fact that one can't please everyone. No harm in testing things out and seeing how it goes. One can always adjust again.
+1

Helicopters Tournaments:

You can help with keeping up the server by donating using PayPal to the following email address:
hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Old 04-15-2019, 10:55 PM   #1178
Alpenwolf

Had some time today and was able to update the mission Supervision:

Upon spawning you'll receive a message popping up on the upper right corner of your screen debriefing you on what's going on. Depending on the completed objectives the message gets updated automatically.

Last week I did the same in the mission Phone booth. These breifing messages are not replacing the actual briefing texts, but only keeping you updated no matter at what stage you decide to join the server and fly the current mission.

S!

Helicopters Tournaments:

hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Old 04-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #1179
dFlow

sounds great, gotta check it out this night

Old 04-16-2019, 10:16 AM   #1180
Knock-Knock

Hi Aplen.

How is your endeavor into Persian Gulf missions going?
I think that place, Iran especially, is perfect for your Cold War missions and gameplay. Hiding, searching, hunting, fighting between all the ridges, crossing the big flat plains to get to which ever etc.
And really good performance out there in the nothing areas too, which there is lots of.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |
Knock-Knock is offline   Reply With Quote