Eagle Dynamics at Flight Sim Expo 2019 - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-14-2019, 10:45 PM   #31
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert31178 View Post
How is the Warthog less real???
I think he meant "correct". The Warthog is real/ correct for the A-10 and F-16...

The Hornet Stick is real/ correct for the Hornet...but appears to have fewer buttons...However, if I'm doing the math correctly there number is the same...

Both have a Paddle switch, a pinky sw, a weapon release button, 2 stage trigger, a Trim Sw, a 5 axis CMS switch , a mode / recce event switch...the only switch the Hornet stick lacks is the 4 axis TMS Switch...

But according to rumors, the Hornet Castle switch and Trim switch both have a Z-axis. (press in)

The Hornet also has a slider just above the recce sw.

If my math is correct, That's the same number of buttons as the Warthog.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs x3, Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

Last edited by Sierra99; 04-15-2019 at 12:13 AM.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:03 PM   #32
=Panther=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
The Hornet also has a slider just above the recce sw.
Rocker is probably a better description, forward, back, and depress.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Twitch Channel
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, JetSeat, Oculus Rift cv1, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC
=Panther= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:05 PM   #33
=Panther=

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkosmo View Post
I finally got to see it at Oshkosh last year. I like it, but I'm not sure I'll switch to it. The warthog, while less "real", has more buttons :-)
It has the same amount of buttons as the warthog stick.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Twitch Channel
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, JetSeat, Oculus Rift cv1, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC
=Panther= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:44 PM   #34
MPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radial9 View Post
Booked for the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Just the 7th.
MPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:39 AM   #35
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Eagle Dynamics at Flight Sim Expo

For those curious, I will be attending FlightSimExpo 2019 in Orlando on June 7th. I’ll mostly be at the Thrustmaster booth to help demonstrate DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, but I also plan to show off some new modules coming later this year. I look forward to meeting many of you there!

- Wags
So is the exhibit floor open to everyone Friday or do we need to sign up for one of the "Captains Corner" lectures to get in? The website doesn't mention general admission on Friday.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs x3, Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:34 PM   #36
Radial9

While not ABSOLUTELY positive, I do believe the trade show floor is NOT open Friday. Presenters for Captains Corner are four seminars; Prepare 3D, Jetline Systems, Navigraph. ORBX and X-Plane. They are timed seminars, one right after the other.

Hopefully Mr. Wags will clarify the 7th (Friday) only comment. I am attending the Captains Corners seminars, however I don't believe the Thrustmaster, or any vendor booth is operational on Friday.

Hopefully I'm wrong and will be corrected. I'm hopeful I could see the DCS new module previews, but would need to know the time as to decide which other seminar I may have to forgo to see them.

Cheers,

Bob

Edit 4/17: I did talk with the admin folks for the show. There is no access to the vendor floor on Friday. Captains Corner conferences are in another breakout room for most of the day Friday the 7th.

Last edited by Radial9; 04-17-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Radial9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:26 PM   #37
Worrazen

Here's an idea for the multiplayer guys which wouldn't be able to attend in person, to set up a mission flying to the virtual location of this Expo in DCS and watch it while flying if it's going to be a livestream.

I'd even donate a few coins to who are close but would need some assitance (ED could vett them they're really real and check that they really go), but I don't want to be the one organizing that. To kinda kickstart the public to go out for these events more.

Last edited by Worrazen; 04-16-2019 at 11:28 PM.
Worrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #38
Mr_Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjetster1 View Post
How's E3 looking this year?
Actually just realized its mid June as well...

E3 Sentry AWACS? Yes please
Mr_Burns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #39
DeltaMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrazen View Post
Here's an idea for the multiplayer guys which wouldn't be able to attend in person, to set up a mission flying to the virtual location of this Expo in DCS and watch it while flying if it's going to be a livestream.

I'd even donate a few coins to who are close but would need some assitance (ED could vett them they're really real and check that they really go), but I don't want to be the one organizing that. To kinda kickstart the public to go out for these events more.
That is a great idea.

Too bad SATAL won't be running until Saturday, that's an impressive showcase for DCS and Thrustmaster's generous sponsorship. Prob worth at least having video running.

But yeah a fly-in would be cool.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:46 AM   #40
Avarien

Glad to see this Wags. I went to flight sim expo last year. I told the organizers they should include DCS world. I am formerly a civilian flight sim enthusiast (X-plane but a years ago also FSX) but it has lost a lot of appeal when compared to the leaps and bounds DCS has made in the last few years. I chose not to attend this year primarily because I did not see a DCS presence. I think this is great, and I hope you guys chose to keep attending US based flight sim conferences as I think it would really help boost the DCS customer base. If this is the case I will definitely come out next year.
Avarien is offline   Reply With Quote