Update of the F-5E to the F-5N level? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a payware update of the 80´s F-5E to the present F-5N?
Yes 54 52.43%
No 40 38.83%
It would depend of the sale price. 9 8.74%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #31
Stratos

Unhappy

With Syria map we could have F-5 Vs MiG-19 fights, Turkish Tigers Vs Syrian MiG-19. Altough now that I think about it, Turkey used only the A and B variants, and IIRC Syria never used the 19P...
Old 04-16-2019, 04:49 AM   #32
Nodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfo View Post
I really do not care for any of the F-5N features but would pay for the 1974 export variant as described in the 1F-5E(I)-1.

https://www.eflightmanuals.com/ITEM_...M.asp?mID=8997

What he said, USAF pointy nose aggressor model for the "original" Nellis map, gladly pay for that.
Nodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 03:10 PM   #33
ebabil

If i am not wrong, none of the aircraft modules in dcs world were upgraded into another module. so i don't think that this will be an exeption
Ultimate Argument | Oilfield | Argo | Border

Youtube
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:19 PM   #34
Kongamato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabil View Post
If i am not wrong, none of the aircraft modules in dcs world were upgraded into another module. so i don't think that this will be an exeption
The C-101. First was released the C-101EB without weapons, and after several years, the C-101CC with weapons. Anyway, there is a first time for everything.
Kongamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #35
nessuno0505

C-101 Is an early access product, f-5 Is a finished module. Bug fixes and maybe texture / graphic overhaul to match 2.5 engine Is the maximum we can expect.
nessuno0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:01 PM   #36
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongamato View Post
The C-101. First was released the C-101EB without weapons, and after several years, the C-101CC with weapons. Anyway, there is a first time for everything.
C-101EB and CC has the same module with two versions, planned on the initial project. A F-5N has a different version, outside of the F-5E module. That require a different license, the same situation with build a F-5M claimed by a part of a ED forum. Actally has none plans to build a "new" F-5 module by others "develops plans" by ED (complete F/A-18C, F-16, Mi-24, AH-1, etc).

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:19 PM   #37
Kongamato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
C-101EB and CC has the same module with two versions, planned on the initial project. A F-5N has a different version, outside of the F-5E module. That require a different license, the same situation with build a F-5M claimed by a part of a ED forum. Actally has none plans to build a "new" F-5 module by others "develops plans" by ED (complete F/A-18C, F-16, Mi-24, AH-1, etc).
I know there are no plans. I say it in my first post. Actually, I´m just testing the interes of the comunity in this module that is a few years old now. If people wants more F-5 even paying for it (updates, a new version, etc.) means that people likes this plane and there is still interest in it. If not... well, I suppose that the new girls in the neighborhood (Tomcat, Hornet, Harrier, Viper...) will be the ones people will fly most of the time in the next years.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:57 AM   #38
Pikey
Veteran

Testing the interest of a flight sim community on whether they want something new ends up with terribly created side arguments on
-Whether they can have it for nothing
-Whether they can argue in their own heads that X plane could have carried better ordnance for pvp purposes
-Whether they are entitled to have their own minor version changes or that ultimately someone picked the wrong version they didn't want

and so on.

You can take it, pretty much as 100% guaranteed, that 100% of people want something for free, something different and no one wants to pay for it, least of all, Eagle Dynamics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongamato View Post
I know there are no plans. I say it in my first post. Actually, I´m just testing the interes of the comunity in this module that is a few years old now. If people wants more F-5 even paying for it (updates, a new version, etc.) means that people likes this plane and there is still interest in it. If not... well, I suppose that the new girls in the neighborhood (Tomcat, Hornet, Harrier, Viper...) will be the ones people will fly most of the time in the next years.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:14 AM   #39
Kongamato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
Testing the interest of a flight sim community on whether they want something new ends up with terribly created side arguments on
-Whether they can have it for nothing
-Whether they can argue in their own heads that X plane could have carried better ordnance for pvp purposes
-Whether they are entitled to have their own minor version changes or that ultimately someone picked the wrong version they didn't want

and so on.

You can take it, pretty much as 100% guaranteed, that 100% of people want something for free, something different and no one wants to pay for it, least of all, Eagle Dynamics.
LOL!
Yeah, that´s why I said it would be a payware, it would be a particular well known version (F-5N, the one used by NAVY and USMC)... But yes, people continue saying "I don´t want that version, I want another one" or "I want weapons that the plane can´t carry or systems that doesn´t have in real life", or "ED should use time and resources in a new plane that nobody in ED have said a word about, but I want it"...

I don´t want this plane to be "abandoned" by ED for the Hornet, the Viper or other. I want the module continue evolving and improving with updates and expansions, even paying a few bucks for it. And I want to know if other people think like me or I´m the only one and people have their attention centered in the new modules and this one is being cornered in their virtual hangars.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:38 AM   #40
kotor633

Sorry but I personally think there are other modules in DCS that would have earned more to upgrade and where I mean you would have more benefit from this (eg the KA-50, Mig-21)
kotor633 is offline   Reply With Quote