About JDAM

kaoqumba

About JDAM, the latest F/A18C video. JDAM has many settings. It's totally different from A10C. JDAM used by A10C has few options to set up. There is no doubt that the JDAM used by F/A18C is more real and complex! So my question is: Will ED redevelop A10C? Major modifications have been made to its functions and weapon systems.

About JDAM, the latest F/A18C video. JDAM has many settings. It's totally different from A10C. JDAM used by A10C has few options to set up. There is no doubt that the JDAM used by F/A18C is more real and complex! So my question is: Will ED redevelop A10C? Major modifications have been made to its functions and weapon systems.

The A10C JDAM capabilities are still better than the hornet. You can do the same as in the hornet (albeit with other procedures)

I mean, I can ripple fire several JDAMS over the objective with a proper use of markpoints and the avionics. I can set MGRS coordinates with 1 m precision and drop JDAMs in any way possible.

The only difference is that you don't have the fancy names as in the Hornet, but the capabilities are there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think all dcs pilots think of their plane as being a super bomber.

But in reality when it come to the a10c that is slow and not a high level bomber then I find it kind of limited to dropping many jdams at once due to the slow speed and "limited" height.

The faster your fly and the highter, the greater the distance your bombs can "fly" and hit targets.

So regarding the a10 the targets need to be rather close together such as 3-4 buildings in a village in afghanistan before ground forces goes in to cleanup.

I think its only in "rare" cases that the a10 have to drop example 2-3-4 jdams.

Ofcourse it would be cool if you could preprogram every bomb and then drop everything with one press of a button.

But the a10 pilot can rather easy change inbetween his target points and then cycle though them while pressing the release button .. he should be able to drop a jdam every 1-2 seconds that way and i guess that is good enough.

But yes would be cool to be able to drop everything at once with "pre programmed" bombs".

The A10C JDAM capabilities are still better than the hornet. You can do the same as in the hornet (albeit with other procedures)

I mean, I can ripple fire several JDAMS over the objective with a proper use of markpoints and the avionics. I can set MGRS coordinates with 1 m precision and drop JDAMs in any way possible.

The only difference is that you don't have the fancy names as in the Hornet, but the capabilities are there.

Then how do you tell the JDAM at what angle it should impact the target, when flying the A-10C? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Then how do you tell the JDAM at what angle it should impact the target, when flying the A-10C? :huh:

You can't, but you can play with the weapon release window to increase or decrease the impact angle.

If you ever find a reason in this sim to ever do so.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just wanted to point out, that the JDAM implementation in the Hornet does offer a a few more options than it doesn in the A-10C ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, no.

The A-10C JDAM can't be programmed to impact at a certain angle, we have no air burst or delayed fuse settings and we can't pre-program it to anything, so with the new JDAM settings for the Hornet, the Hog is definitely lagging behind in capabilities. I believe SMEs have already stated in the past that the JDAM is the most simplified of weapons in the DCS A-10C as compared to its RL counterpart.

Now the interesting question is, will the A-10C JDAM see upgrades? The answer is, most likely not. The module has been feature complete for many years. ED have announced a graphical overhaul of the cockpit and the exterior model, but there's never been any talk of upgraded systems.

On a personal note, if ED offered a newer avionics suite with HMCS, more modern JDAM and so on, I wouldn't mind paying full price again. But looking at it from a business point of view, it's probably not gonna happen.

Remember that the A-10C doesn’t feature JDAM PB functionality in real life either, TOO only.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Remember that the A-10C doesn’t feature JDAM PB functionality in real life either, TOO only.

So it has a whole bunch less capabilities than the Hornet in this regard @Eviscerador.

Tornado3 small.jpg

The limitation of JDAMs on A-10C coming about the Suite 3 and the "limitations" imposed by the ANG contract. Has very improbable see a better Suite without a renegotiation contract and a "clearance" about new A-10C capabilities on a Suite 7-8.

Is anyone possibly looking into widening the scope of the original contract?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Seems like an easy way to reenergize a great product and bring in some more revenue. Most of their work is done, all they'd have to do is freshen it up a bit. I'd pay for a suite upgrade.

I never flew the A-10 until recently... but I hopped in and now the F-14, F/A-18 and the Harrier are all collecting dust on the flight line because the Hawg is a BEAST.

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Seems like an easy way to reenergize a great product and bring in some more revenue. Most of their work is done, all they'd have to do is freshen it up a bit. I'd pay for a suite upgrade.

I think it would be a major undertaking. Definitely worthwhile if they sold it as a new module, but just as an upgrade to the existing module, hoping for some people who haven't already bought it to buy it? Not likely. Remember that the way these things are modeled, it's not just bolting on another system. Just adding in the HMIT would probably take a couple of months of bug quashing, let alone the entire PE upgrade.

That said, I'm all for it. The A-10C was my first module, and I'd love another one. I have more hours in the Hawg than any other DCS aircraft, and I still routinely take it out for a spin. I'm one of those clowns that loads it down with every weapon possible, light on fuel, and goes to shack an entire airfield complex in one sortie.