Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

With the rear aspect only missiles is so much fun, You have to actually manuver/dogfight and not only point the nose in the general direction of the contact.

The older machines like Mig 15, Saber ,Mig 19 have actually a chance to fight the tiger, mig21and Viggen. Also Choppers have at least a chance to defend themselves.

With the rear aspect only missiles is so much fun, You have to actually manuver/dogfight and not only point the nose in the general direction of the contact.

The older machines like Mig 15, Saber ,Mig 19 have actually a chance to fight the tiger, mig21and Viggen. Also Choppers have at least a chance to defend themselves.

+1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Is the server down?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Had to update windows. It's back up!

Good to see someone cares actually with the F-14 hype's out there ^-^

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Will be better move the front line somehow we don’t have much mountains in between. Two reasons for that will be more fight and more fun. Second it is more realistic because I don’t remember any Cold War border with such a huge mountains in between. Also non mountains help for AI to spot better enemy aircraft. I mean keep some mountains is ok but most without mountains will be better. North west part of the map will be ideal.

Last time I takeoff from Gudauta to face the Minerally Vody fighters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alpi.. quick question, and I’m not suspecting your answer will be this isn’t what is supposed to happen...

I had a MiG guy stalk me around last week on Crying Mountains and was actually one of the more “famous” streamers who followed me around.

Endgame was, after a few turns and pop shots, I escaped, but he ran out of gas and landed somewhere in the middle of nowhere... while I myself, after aborting my operation, landed back at base with my jet intact. Of course this “subject” boarded another MiG and continued instead of becoming a “POW” or beginning his long walk home...

I am pretty sure this is not the intent as realistically no one would fight until out of gas (even Col. Toon against Driscoll/Cunningham was apparently forced out of the fight due to lack of fuel). But after watching a few of his feeds on YouTube it seems to be a regular thing with this guy...

Anyway you could instill a system that would rectify this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alpi.. quick question, and I’m not suspecting your answer will be this isn’t what is supposed to happen...

I had a MiG guy stalk me around last week on Crying Mountains and was actually one of the more “famous” streamers who followed me around.

Endgame was, after a few turns and pop shots, I escaped, but he ran out of gas and landed somewhere in the middle of nowhere... while I myself, after aborting my operation, landed back at base with my jet intact. Of course this “subject” boarded another MiG and continued instead of becoming a “POW” or beginning his long walk home...

I am pretty sure this is not the intent as realistically no one would fight until out of gas (even Col. Toon against Driscoll/Cunningham was apparently forced out of the fight due to lack of fuel). But after watching a few of his feeds on YouTube it seems to be a regular thing with this guy...

Anyway you could instill a system that would rectify this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of any script that could prevent such thing from happening. People do that on most servers. On the other hand, sometimes people really have to leave. They shouldn't, and certainly they shouldn't do it in the middle of a fight or close to the battle zone or bullseye.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Clearly that's not supposed to happen, but I don't know that I would assume fault or malicious intent, so I'm not entirely certain that a script would be necessary if it was even possible.

Looks to me like you got the better of him and he forgot to check fuel state due to target fixation. You can't script-out stupid.

Well, one could argue that it would be nice if DCS would actually consider the fate of the own plane/pilot in scoring. Maybe that server stat script could somehow. Count a percentage of sorties finished properly, or such.

At least there is a difference between a bailed pilot and a dead pilot since eeks burning skies server can differ that state in the statistics.

But why should you be forced to wait longer or be punished, because you did a emergency landing somewhere? Where is the difference between an emergency landing because you were shot and not able to make it back and a bailout? In both cases the pilot is still alive and able to jump into another aircraft.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

>Be me

>Be flying the harrier on ossetia

>Arm up with a ****ton of bombs and fuel

>Taxi out

>Take off and almost pop tyres because 99% of MTOW

>Lumber over towards wp1

>15 minutes later. Finally begin setting up attack

>*Server rotates in 1 minute*

FML

>Be me

>Be flying the harrier on ossetia

>Arm up with a ****ton of bombs and fuel

>Taxi out

>Take off and almost pop tyres because 99% of MTOW

>Lumber over towards wp1

>15 minutes later. Finally begin setting up attack

>*Server rotates in 1 minute*

FML

I feel you, brother. Sucks, I know.

The only way to know how much time exactly untill rotation, is by checking out the mission's time in the servers' list before joining. Missions last 4 to 8 hours.

The new missions: When The Mountains Cry - 8 hours, Elbrus - 6 hours, Command & Conquer - 6 hours and Swedish Delivery - 6 hours.

All the other old missions last for 4 hours, except for Phone Booth 5 hours.

Notes:

- Some missions include the mission's duration in the briefing, other don't.

- Some missions (the new and longer ones) have a reminder that pops up every hour telling you how much time is left.

Conclusion:

I'll update all missions and include the two notes above.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Saturday evening...kids are asleep..finally time for some serious Viggening before I get too tired to fly straight even on autopilot.

"Closed due to private party"

Duuude?!

The "private party" wasn't really private. Anyone could've had sigend up for it. It was a tournament for the first time. Might as well do that once every 3-4 months.

Tournaments give us yet another experience in DCS that can't be simulated on a daily basis simply beacuse you can't guarantee the numbers of participants that are vital for the given scenario. So you set up a date, announce that in the tournaments section of these forums and hope for a good number of players to sign up and that's usually the case.

Hope you understand. And I understand it must've sucked for you.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi AlpenWolf.

some days ago I request to set the battlefield somehow the mountains are not in between. I just realized you have some missions well done without mountains in this server so all good done on this point.

I just want to suggest something to get realism and fun at the same time. hope that is ok for you.

taking account you are doing a 60s scenery:

-Set if possible only ground GCI for red side well defended. (non AWACS for red)

-Set if possible the blue AWACS far away with the limits scanning detection right at the battlefield lines limit between two sides ( I bealive is about ~350km, so 350km away from the frontline ). So, will cover only the blue side as IRL limits Hardware of that time. ( more limits to address but anyways, so is fun )

-Set if possible more AAA all around red side, with more of them closest to the red bases. ( the low flight was really a concern IRL )

-if possible remove Chaff/flarel countermeasure for all aircrafts. ( not sure this is possible for blue units )

-set if possible ground ambushes by red ground forces against blue ground forces ( AI ground forces only ) and tell the Position for both sides. Blue to CAS the ambush. Red to intercept the possible air attack.

-if possible more soft target task for blue bombing attack in red side

best regards

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey alpen, could you reenable livery changing? I'm 99% sure changing skins doesn't cause stuttering anymore. I haven't experienced it in ages, at least.

And if not, then can you at least change the F-5's camouflage on every mission to something more appropriate than blue?

Hey alpen, could you reenable livery changing? I'm 99% sure changing skins doesn't cause stuttering anymore. I haven't experienced it in ages, at least.

And if not, then can you at least change the F-5's camouflage on every mission to something more appropriate than blue?

I'll enable it tomorrow and see what happens.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi AlpenWolf.

some days ago I request to set the battlefield somehow the mountains are not in between. I just realized you have some missions well done without mountains in this server so all good done on this point.

I just want to suggest something to get realism and fun at the same time. hope that is ok for you.

taking account you are doing a 60s scenery:

-Set if possible only ground GCI for red side well defended. (non AWACS for red)

-Set if possible the blue AWACS far away with the limits scanning detection right at the battlefield lines limit between two sides ( I bealive is about ~350km, so 350km away from the frontline ). So, will cover only the blue side as IRL limits Hardware of that time. ( more limits to address but anyways, so is fun )

-Set if possible more AAA all around red side, with more of them closest to the red bases. ( the low flight was really a concern IRL )

-if possible remove Chaff/flarel countermeasure for all aircrafts. ( not sure this is possible for blue units )

-set if possible ground ambushes by red ground forces against blue ground forces ( AI ground forces only ) and tell the Position for both sides. Blue to CAS the ambush. Red to intercept the possible air attack.

-if possible more soft target task for blue bombing attack in red side

best regards

Good ideas. Some of them are implemented in a number of missions already. The countermeasures thing is not easy to do. Besides, I can't see why I should? EWR's replacing AWACS would keep pilots unable to ask for bogey dope. I could add them to improve the picture though.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

The countermeasures thing is not easy to do. Besides, I can't see why I should?

For the Mig-21 just remove from misc hardware in all red bases. For the blue side should be a way but not sure how is it. They never have countermeasures IRL for that time

EWR's replacing AWACS would keep pilots unable to ask for bogey dope. I could add them to improve the picture though.

?? Are you sure? You just add the freq to the EWR unit in advanced trigger option and they work fine. 124 work for Su-25 and FC3. You can add two EWR with different freq one for 21,19 migs and so on.

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]